Pierre Duhem's theories value today

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

jaimeshu

Pierre Duhem's theories value today

Post #1

Post by jaimeshu »

After reading about Pierre Duhem, I am concerned about the validity of his theories on what concerns contemporary philosophy of science.
I am mainly interested in the relation between Duhem's deep religious beliefs, and their influence in his cosmological vision, as related to Science, projected to today's world.
What I have seen in some web sites is to that his particular philosophy is nowadays used by devout Catholics to give to the Scientific oriented community a balanced perspective.
I would like to discuss this matter with other people that are also intrigued by this fact.

mrmufin
Scholar

Post #2

Post by mrmufin »

Hello, jaimeshu, and welcome to the Debating Christianity & Religion forums!

The forums here have five main areas: Information, Announcements, Debate, Discussion, and Miscellaneous. If you have a specific question to debate please present it when you start a new topic here in the debate subforums, otherwise the topic may be moved to a more appropriate location. You can review the DC&R Debate Rules. If you would prefer a more general discussion of Pierre Duhem, his philosophy, science, etc., I'll gladly move this topic to a more appropriate location.

Thank you for your cooperation and participation, and welcome to the DC&R forums.

Regards,
mrmufin