Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

From the believers heart?

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus describes what comes out of the believers heart here;

“From the heart of he who believes in me shall flow rivers of living water.”

Do you and others you know possess this quality?

Can you use scripture to define “living water.”

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Re: From the believers heart?

Post #2

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:53 pm Jesus describes what comes out of the believers heart here;

The living water is the living gospel.

Revelation 22:1 (KJV 1900)
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Hebrews 4:12 (KJV 1900)
For the word of God is quick (living), and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2 Timothy 1:10 (KJV 1900)
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

The rivers of living water, or the gospel of life, is what flows forth from every true child of God.

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:53 pm Jesus describes what comes out of the believers heart here;

A Book, Chapter, and Verse would be nice.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by Bobcat »

Miles wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:21 pm

A Book, Chapter, and Verse would be nice.

John 7:38

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Bobcat »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:45 pm

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

For the word of God is quick (living), and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

The rivers of living water, or the gospel of life, is what flows forth from every true child of God.
The good news is not as Christians believe.

Jeremiah 17:13

13 O hope of Israel! O Lord! All who forsake you shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be recorded in the underworld, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, the Lord.

Jesus describes God as Spirit and describes spirit as God’s word.

“Genuine worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

“It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #6

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:39 pm

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

13 O hope of Israel! O Lord! All who forsake you shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be recorded in the underworld, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, the Lord.

“Genuine worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

“It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”
Granted, the good news (the gospel) is grossly misunderstood by many who claim to be Christians, but at least we can be certain that the scriptures do indeed contain the truth of the gospel.

John 14:6 (KJV) 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by Bobcat »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:32 pm
Bobcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:39 pm

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Granted, the good news (the gospel) is grossly misunderstood by many who claim to be Christians, but at least we can be certain that the scriptures do indeed contain the truth of the gospel.

John 14:6 (KJV) 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The I He is speaking of is not Himself personally but as the servant of God, the son of man.

Those who serve in spirit and in truth could truthfully proclaim the same thing.

“ I said you are gods, all of you sons of the Most High.”

There is only one kind of son but more than one. All are son of man.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #8

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:29 pm
Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:32 pm
The I He is speaking of is not Himself personally but as the servant of God, the son of man.

Those who serve in spirit and in truth could truthfully proclaim the same thing.

“ I said you are gods, all of you sons of the Most High.”

There is only one kind of son but more than one. All are son of man.
But you have no scriptural support for claiming that Jesus is not speaking of himself personally as the way, the truth and the life. I know this because the Bible gives us plenty of scriptural support to your contrary.

Jesus is "I AM":
John 8:58 (KJV 1900)
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Jesus is the Way:
Acts 4:12 (KJV 1900)
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jesus is the Truth:
Revelation 19:11 (KJV 1900)
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Jesus is the Life:
John 1:4 (KJV 1900)
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Every part of John 14:6 describes Jesus personally as God himself by which without, there was no salvation.

The problem with your second sentence is that the majority of the world thinks they serve in spirit and in truth and thereby also think they are proclaiming truth like Christ did, but they're not. Only Christ is truth because only God is truth and mankind is a liar.

Romans 3:4 (KJV 1900)
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Interesting how the Bible tells us that Jesus is the truth and his name is "True", yet he was a man, which according to the above verse, are all liars. Therefore, there mist be something different about Jesus, and there is. He is JEHOVAH manifested in the flesh. That is why he could be both man and truth, unlike mankind who are liars.

Lastly, you quoted Psalm 82:6 to claim that we are sons of God, but failed to quote the next verse.

Psalm 82:6–7 (KJV 1900)
6  I have said, Ye are gods;
And all of you are children of the most High.
7  But ye shall die like men,
And fall like one of the princes.

So, this passage is not speaking about true sons of God, but those who typify the sons of God (like the nation of Israel and those in the churches of the world), yet were never saved to begin with. That is why they will die like men and fall. And the fact that God calls mankind "gods" is because we were created in his image and his likeness, but were created with the ability to die, and die we did. So, in actuality, the true sons of God are very few.

Matthew 22:14 (KJV 1900)
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Savant

Post #9

Post by 1213 »

I have understood it means his words, because they can give life.

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by SacredBishop »

Saliva is the living water. Luke 21:15 " I will give you a mouth." Also the tongues of Acts 2. Its impossible to talk without saliva. Jesus will indwell the actual saliva of Christians, which is why Jesus will vomit Christians out of his mouth, if they are lukewarm in His mouth, Revelations 3:16. Christians must not vomit Jesus out of their mouths, are they'll be vomited of His mouth. Do you have Jesus in your mouth?