Do Women Have Souls? ( Yes)

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Do Women Have Souls? ( Yes)

Post #1

Post by SacredBishop »

I have updated this post. Genesis 35:18 " as her soul was departing". Women have souls. I was wrong. My wife proved me wrong in post 11. Which I quoted here.
Last edited by SacredBishop on Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PolytheistWitch
Student

Re: Do Women Have Souls?

Post #2

Post by PolytheistWitch »

The first woman was technically Lilith, she had a soul.

tam
Savant

Post #3

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Also, women are never mentioned in Heaven are the afterlife, only men are.
The following are things Christ said about who will receive a resurrection and eternal life:

From John 11:

On his arrival, [Jesus] found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. 18 Now Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusalem, 19 and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the loss of their brother. 20 When Martha heard that [Jesus] was coming, she went out to meet him, but Mary stayed at home.

21 “Lord,” Martha said to [Jesus], “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.”

23 [Jesus] said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

24 Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

25 [Jesus] said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

From John 6:

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life".

"48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die."

"51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

"54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

"Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

(you will note that both men and women are included among the ancestors who ate the manna)

Christ did not limit the resurrection or eternal life to any particular gender, or tribe, or tongue or nation.

Paul from Galatians 3:

So in Christ [Jesus] you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ [Jesus]. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Women are also maidservants, along with men, and God pours out His spirit out upon both:

And afterward, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. 29Even on My menservants and maidservants, I will pour out My Spirit in those days. Joel 2:28, 29

Revelation uses terms such as persons/people (gender neutral). Not just men of course, but most certainly also women:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
    and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
    and with your blood you purchased for God
    persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
    and they will reign on the earth.”

Revelation 7 does not refer to gender, but simply refers to the servants of God, which women most certainly are among (see the scripture from Joel 2).

And if you wanted to be a stickler about it, the Bride and Church are always referred to as female (even though this means both men and women, because gender does not matter, we are all one in Christ, if indeed we are in Christ.)

There is also the Valley of the Dry bones from Ezekiel:

Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the [Lord God]: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am [the Lord], when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put my spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, [the Lord], have spoken it and performed it,” says [the Lord].’ ”

The whole house of Israel includes women. People (as in "My people") includes women.

We can also go all the way back to Adam and Eve.

God breathed into Adam the breath of life and Adam became a living being.

Eve - the woman - was IN Adam at the time. Adam had both male and female in him (until the woman was taken out...)

“This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
    for she was taken out of man.”

The breath of life that was breathed into Adam would also have been breathed into Eve.

Hope that helps,

Peace again to you and to your wife,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

SacredBishop wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:55 pm I can't find a Bible verse that specifically says women have souls. I have often argued this with my wife, but to no avail. Adam was created first and given a soul Genesis 2:7.
Gee, the Bibles I consulted don't say a thing about Adam getting a soul in Genesis 2:7.

New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition
then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Christian Standard Bible
Then the Lord God formed the man out of the dust from the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living being.

Amplified Bible
then the Lord God formed [that is, created the body of] man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being

New Living Translation
Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person.

Common English Bible
the Lord God formed the human from the topsoil of the fertile land and blew life’s breath into his nostrils. The human came to life.

Revised Standard Version
then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Complete Jewish Bible
Then Adonai, God, formed a person from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, so that he became a living being.

Tree of Life Version
Then Adonai Elohim formed the man out of the dust from the ground and He breathed into his nostrils a breath of life—so the man became a living being.

Contemporary English Version
The Lord God took some soil from the ground and made a man. God breathed life into the man, and the man started breathing.

Evangelical Heritage Version
The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

etc

etc

etc

Women are never specifically stated to have souls.
Are they ever specifically stated to have vaginas? Think women back then didn't have vaginas?

Adam was specifically said to have a soul,
Not that this isn't likely, but where is it written?

This is in accordance to the role Adam named Eve for, the mother for giving birth Genesis 3:20.
So what?

Women do not have souls,
First you're going to have to come up with Biblical evidence to this effect. Merely saying women don't have souls and vaginas because it's never been stated they do is a bit asinine, don't you think?

Also, women are never mentioned in Heaven are the afterlife, only men are. I believe women do not have souls, and cease to exist when they die. What do you believe? Does the Bible specifically say women have souls?
Does the Bible specifically say women have vaginas?

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by SacredBishop »

Miles wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:25 pm
SacredBishop wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:55 pm I can't find a Bible verse that specifically says women have souls. I have often argued this with my wife, but to no avail. Adam was created first and given a soul Genesis 2:7.
Gee, the Bibles I consulted don't say a thing about Adam getting a soul in Genesis 2:7.

New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition
then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Christian Standard Bible
Then the Lord God formed the man out of the dust from the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living being.

Amplified Bible
then the Lord God formed [that is, created the body of] man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being

New Living Translation
Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person.

Common English Bible
the Lord God formed the human from the topsoil of the fertile land and blew life’s breath into his nostrils. The human came to life.

Revised Standard Version
then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Complete Jewish Bible
Then Adonai, God, formed a person from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, so that he became a living being.

Tree of Life Version
Then Adonai Elohim formed the man out of the dust from the ground and He breathed into his nostrils a breath of life—so the man became a living being.

Contemporary English Version
The Lord God took some soil from the ground and made a man. God breathed life into the man, and the man started breathing.

Evangelical Heritage Version
The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

etc

etc

etc

Women are never specifically stated to have souls.
Are they ever specifically stated to have vaginas? Think women back then didn't have vaginas?

Adam was specifically said to have a soul,
Not that this isn't likely, but where is it written?

This is in accordance to the role Adam named Eve for, the mother for giving birth Genesis 3:20.
So what?

Women do not have souls,
First you're going to have to come up with Biblical evidence to this effect. Merely saying women don't have souls and vaginas because it's never been stated they do is a bit asinine, don't you think?

Also, women are never mentioned in Heaven are the afterlife, only men are. I believe women do not have souls, and cease to exist when they die. What do you believe? Does the Bible specifically say women have souls?
Does the Bible specifically say women have vaginas?

Read Genesis 17:14 " if someone is not circumcised that soul shall be cut off". Check the Hebrew. All men have souls by implication of that verse. Prove women have souls.

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #6

Post by SacredBishop »

Also Genesis 2:7 says living soul in the Hebrew. Check Bible hub hebrew.

tam
Savant

Post #7

Post by tam »

SacredBishop wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:30 pm Also Genesis 2:7 says living soul in the Hebrew. Check Bible hub hebrew.
Did you also check out the meaning of the word from that same site? Here is the link just in case.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon ... v/wlc/0-1/
soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man

living being

living being (with life in the blood)

the man himself, self, person or individual

seat of the appetites

seat of emotions and passions

activity of mind

dubious

activity of the will

dubious

activity of the character

dubious

The living creatures that Adam named were called souls. Genesis 2:19

And here you go where daughters are also referred to as souls, Genesis 46:15,

These be the sons of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob in Padanaram, with his daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters were thirty and three.

It is not about having a soul; it is about being a soul.

The breath of life that God breathed into Adam is holy spirit (making Adam a son and a living being).

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by SacredBishop »

tam wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:59 pm
SacredBishop wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:30 pm Also Genesis 2:7 says living soul in the Hebrew. Check Bible hub hebrew.
Did you also check out the meaning of the word from that same site? Here is the link just in case.

soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man

living being

seat of the appetites

activity of mind

dubious

activity of the will

dubious

dubious

These be the sons of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob in Padanaram, with his daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters were thirty and three.

The breath of life that God breathed into Adam is holy spirit (making Adam a son and a living being).

Peace again to you.
I checked Bible hub, all translations and Hebrew as well. It says, " all his sons and his daughters, 33" not " all the souls of his sons and and of his daughters" as you said. You are incorrect. Inadvertently or otherwise.

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by SacredBishop »

tam wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:59 pm

living being

seat of the appetites

activity of mind

dubious

activity of the will

dubious

dubious

Peace again to you.
My wife found this verse, Genesis 35:18 " and her soul was departing, she named him Benoni". I was wrong. Women have souls.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #10

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to Miles in post #4]

God created man as a living being:

Genesis 2:7
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

God then created a helper for man:

Genesis 2:18
The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.

It seems plausible that God would create the helper similar to the one being helped. Both would be a living physical bodied being.
Miles wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:25 pm Does the Bible specifically say women have vaginas?
Not to my knowledge.

Does the Bible specifically say that men have peanuts? :lol:
Miles wrote:Also, women are never mentioned in Heaven or the afterlife, only men are.
The Bible indicates that there is no sex in the Kingdom of God. :o

Spiritual bodied beings in Heaven live forever. They have no cause to reproduce themselves.

So there is really no male or female in Heaven.