Do Women Have Souls? ( Yes)

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Do Women Have Souls? ( Yes)

Post #1

Post by SacredBishop »

I have updated this post. Genesis 35:18 " as her soul was departing". Women have souls. I was wrong. My wife proved me wrong in post 11. Which I quoted here.
Last edited by SacredBishop on Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Re: Do Women Have Souls?

Post #11

Post by SacredBishop »

Genesis 35:18 proved me wrong. " as her soul was departing". I stand corrected. I was indeed wrong. Women do have souls after all.

tam
Savant

Post #12

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
SacredBishop wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:05 pm
tam wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:59 pm
SacredBishop wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:30 pm Also Genesis 2:7 says living soul in the Hebrew. Check Bible hub hebrew.
Did you also check out the meaning of the word from that same site? Here is the link just in case.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon ... v/wlc/0-1/
soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man

living being

living being (with life in the blood)

the man himself, self, person or individual

seat of the appetites

seat of emotions and passions

activity of mind

dubious

activity of the will

dubious

activity of the character

dubious

The living creatures that Adam named were called souls. Genesis 2:19

And here you go where daughters are also referred to as souls, Genesis 46:15,

These be the sons of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob in Padanaram, with his daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters were thirty and three.

It is not about having a soul; it is about being a soul.

The breath of life that God breathed into Adam is holy spirit (making Adam a son and a living being).

Peace again to you.
I checked Bible hub, all translations and Hebrew as well. It says, " all his sons and his daughters, 33" not " all the souls of his sons and and of his daughters" as you said. You are incorrect. Inadvertently or otherwise.

Sorry, I was quoting directly from blueletterbible.

Here is Young's literal translation from the page on biblehub:
These are sons of Leah whom she bare to Jacob in Padan-Aram, and Dinah his daughter; all the persons of his sons and his daughters are thirty and three.
https://biblehub.com/genesis/46-15.htm

In the above, "persons" is being used in place of "souls", because it means the same thing (as explained above).

From the King James version on that same page on bible hub:

These be the sons of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob in Padanaram, with his daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters were thirty and three.

But there are many others to choose from (not to mention the words that Christ said about who receives eternal life, quoted in my first post above):

Numbers 30:4

And her father hear her vow, and her bond wherewith she hath bound her soul, and her father shall hold his peace at her: then all her vows shall stand, and every bond wherewith she hath bound her soul shall stand.

Also Hannah, from 1Samuel 1:

"I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to [the Lord]."

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

tam
Savant

Post #13

Post by tam »

[Replying to SacredBishop in post #11]

Thank you for that. I had already posted a couple of more examples just before I saw your post.

Peace again to you and to your wife,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by SacredBishop »

tam wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:32 pm [Replying to SacredBishop in post #11]

Thank you for that. I had already posted a couple of more examples just before I saw your post.

Peace again to you and to your wife,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
Probably goes without saying, but it was a bit of a joke as well. Though I didn't think it could be disproven

Miles
Savant

Post #15

Post by Miles »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:11 pm
Miles wrote:Also, women are never mentioned in Heaven or the afterlife, only men are.
The Bible indicates that there is no sex in the Kingdom of God. :o
Ah, that was SacredBishop speaking in his pre-revised OP. Not me.
Spiritual bodied beings in Heaven live forever. They have no cause to reproduce themselves.

So there is really no male or female in Heaven.
Hey reproduction isn't the only function of sex. Males and females have been known to derive great amounts of pleasure from each other while engaged in non-reproductive sex.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #16

Post by myth-one.com »

Miles wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:47 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:11 pm
Miles wrote:Also, women are never mentioned in Heaven or the afterlife, only men are.
The Bible indicates that there is no sex in the Kingdom of God. :o
Ah, that was SacredBishop speaking in his pre-revised OP. Not me.
Spiritual bodied beings in Heaven live forever. They have no cause to reproduce themselves.

So there is really no male or female in Heaven.
Hey reproduction isn't the only function of sex. Males and females have been known to derive great amounts of pleasure from each other while engaged in non-reproductive sex.

Amen to that!

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Do Women Have Souls? ( Yes)

Post #17

Post by onewithhim »

SacredBishop wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:55 pm I have updated this post. Genesis 35:18 " as her soul was departing". Women have souls. I was wrong. My wife proved me wrong in post 11. Which I quoted here.
Every man, woman, child and animal IS a soul....they don't HAVE one. Adam "became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7) He was not GIVEN a soul. Even animals are called "souls." (Genesis 1:20) Research might involve looking at an Interlinear Bible which will show, often times, the meaning of a particular word.
"God said: 'Let the waters swarm with living souls'....'Let the earth bring forth living souls according to their kinds...'" (Genesis 1:20,24)

BTW, Genesis 35:18 could be read: "Just as her life was slipping away..." Her life as a soul was ending. We have to keep in mind that a "soul" is the whole human or animal, or, sometimes, their life as a soul. When we remember this crucial teaching, many other things are cleared up for us. Jesus never taught that some part of us leaves the body at death and goes on living. In fact, he likened death to a sleep, from which he will resurrect people in the last day. (John 11:11-25) If a part of the body leaves it and goes to heaven, there would be no need of a resurrection.

Miles
Savant

Post #18

Post by Miles »

SacredBishop wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:29 pm
Read Genesis 17:14 " if someone is not circumcised that soul shall be cut off". Check the Hebrew. All men have souls by implication of that verse. Prove women have souls.

Genesis 17:14

ERV
Abraham, this is the agreement between you and me: Any male who is not circumcised will be cut off from his people because he has broken my agreement.”

EHV
The uncircumcised male who is not circumcised by removing the foreskin from his flesh, that person must be cut off from his people. He has broken my covenant.”

ESV
Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

ESVUK
Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

EXB
Any [L uncircumcised] male ·who [L whose foreskin] is not circumcised will be cut off from his people, because he has broken my ·agreement [covenant; treaty; 6:18].”

GNV
But the uncircumcised man-child, in whose flesh the foreskin is not circumcised, even that person shall be cut off from his people, because he hath broken my covenant.

GW
Any uncircumcised male must be excluded from his people because he has rejected my promise.”

GNT
Any male who has not been circumcised will no longer be considered one of my people, because he has not kept the covenant with me.”

HCSB
If any male is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that man will be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant.”

ICB
Any male who is not circumcised will be separated from his people. He has broken my agreement.”

ISV
Any uncircumcised male who does not have the foreskin of his flesh circumcised on the eighth day after his birth is to be eliminated from his people because he has broken my covenant.”

Nary a mention of any soul. O:)