Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dad1
Under Suspension

Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #1

Post by dad1 »

Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #81

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to 1213 in post #77
Not all that should be are necessary yet gathered back, but it seems to be happening since they got the land back. No reason to think it should be instant for all.

And it is possible that God does it by using for example UN or something else.
......none of which comes off as particularly miraculous.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #82

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:40 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:45 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:06 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:41 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:40 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:06 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:29 pm
dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

Literal Israel is cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:38-39--They have outright refused to do verse 39 for over 1950 years, they never will. Spiritual Israel - meaning Gods chosen is who revelation refers to. These serve the Abrahamic God= a single being God= YHWH(Jehovah) just as every true worshipper has all throughout history.
Matt 23:38-39 says no such thing. The combing of the house of Judah and the house of Ephraim under the leadership of David on the land given to Jacob has not occurred and will not occur until "after two days" (2000 years) (Hosea 5:15 - 6:2). According to Hosea 3, the "sons of Israel/Jacob" will "return" and seek their God, and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days."(Hosea 3:5) We are now in the "last days"/"end of the age"/"end time" (Daniel 12:9-13 & Matt 13:30) when "first" the "tares" will be "gathered" and thrown into "the furnace of fire" (Har-Magedon), and then the "wheat" will be put into the barn. Judah (Jews) has been established in the land given to Jacob, and now the nations/Gentiles will be brought against Jerusalem (house of David and Judah) (Zech 14:1-2) and be crushed, and then Ephraim/Israel will be gathered out of the nations and combined with the house of Judah and returned to the land given to Jacob under the rulership of David (Ez 36:24-28).

Israelite religion will never do Matt 23:39-- you are mistaken in your belief.
(NASB) Matthew 23:39 reads: "For I say to you, from now on you shall not see me until you say, "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD".

It is not until after 2000 years, 2 days, per Hosea 5:15-6:2 that Israel/Ephraim and Judah will "return to the LORD" and "He will heal us". There is no "Israelite religion". Ephraim/Israel, the 10 northern tribes made their own religion in the image of the Gentile religion, and bowed to the Lord Baal, and therefore where "scattered among the nations" (Ezekiel 36:19-24) where they remain to this day, yet to be "gathered out" and returned to the land given to Jacob. I think you and the "many" (Matthew 7:15) are on the wide path to "destruction", by following the "false prophets" of Matthew 7:15.

I know my teachers have Jesus. Spiritual Israel meaning Gods chosen belong to Jesus. Literal Israel rejects him every step of the way.
According to the "Word", the teachers/shepherds of "Israel", the "shepherds" have not fed or healed the sheep, and will be replaced by David, and the "fat shepherds", will be "destroyed". (Ezekiel 34:1-5 & 16 & 23). As for Yeshua, "Jesus", he sits at the right hand of the LORD until the LORD puts his enemies at his feet. (Psalms 110:1). The son of man had to go to heaven in order to send the "Helper". One needs the anointing/Helper (1 John 2:27) to discern the "Word" or they remain with eyes which cannot see (Matthew 13:14). The Lord, the son of man, remains in heaven until "immediately after" "day of the LORD" (Matthew 24:29). God's elect belong to God, and David is to be their king and shepherd (Ezekiel 34:23), as well as ruling over the nations/Gentiles with a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15). The sons of Israel/Jacob, Judah and Ephraim, will "return" and be "healed" in 2 days (2000 years) (Hosea 5:15-6:2)

New American Standard Bible
A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

Jesus is the king. David will not be. Its Jesus who rules with a rod of iron. Yes--YHWH said to my Lord( Jesus)
The Lord, Yeshua, the "son of man" (Mt 24:30) sits at the right hand of the LORD God, until his enemies are made a footstool for is feet (Psalms). The ruler of the world is Satan and his minions, the "beasts" (Rev 13:4), such as the Caesars, and not Yeshua at this time. The "kingdom" isn't established until all the nations of Daniel 2:44-45 are crushed all at the same time. That has never happened. Yeshua is sitting at the right hand of God in heaven, not ruling on earth. The "Word of God" (Rev 19:13) will return to "smite the nations". and will then rule with a "rod of iron" (Rev 19:15).

Savant

Post #83

Post by 1213 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:54 pm
1213 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:59 am Sorry, I disagree with that, because the prophesy says "gather you from all the peoples", which I think understands means not just one nation, but from many nations.
The full,prophecy reads ...
DEUTERONOMY 30:3
Jehovah your God will then bring back your [1] captives and show you mercy and [2] regather you from all the peoples where Jehovah your God has scattered you
The only time the Jews were CAPTIVES was during the Assyrian / Baylonian conquests. The ten tribes were dispersed throughout the Assyrian empire and the survivors of Judah were taken to babylon. Both empires exercised dominion over various ethnic and national groups, thus the exiled Jews found themselves living amongst people of various "peoples". It was from this situation they were eventually regathered....
I think they have been in captivity every time they did not have their own country, when they were scattered among nations.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #84

Post by JehovahsWitness »

1213 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:49 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:54 pm
1213 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:59 am Sorry, I disagree with that, because the prophesy says "gather you from all the peoples", which I think understands means not just one nation, but from many nations.
The full,prophecy reads ...
Jehovah your God will then bring back your [1] captives and show you mercy and [2] regather you from all the peoples where Jehovah your God has scattered you
The only time the Jews were CAPTIVES was during the Assyrian / Baylonian conquests. The ten tribes were dispersed throughout the Assyrian empire and the survivors of Judah were taken to babylon. Both empires exercised dominion over various ethnic and national groups, thus the exiled Jews found themselves living amongst people of various "peoples". It was from this situation they were eventually regathered....
I think they have been in captivity every time they did not have their own country, when they were scattered among nations.

Yes but there is no mention of that and inserting manmade dogma in divine scripture is where false teaching are born.
All, that is here mentioned iin this prophecy is a release from captivity and a regathering. There is no denying that happened in the 5th century BCE.
The notion of a reestablisshment of the Davidic rulership is only presented in connection with the promised Messiah (after the Babylonian conquest the Jews never again existed as a sovereign nation). Are you sayong you think the Messiah arrived with his angels in 1948?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #85

Post by kjw47 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:27 pm
kjw47 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:40 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:45 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:06 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:41 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:40 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:06 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:29 pm
dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

Literal Israel is cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:38-39--They have outright refused to do verse 39 for over 1950 years, they never will. Spiritual Israel - meaning Gods chosen is who revelation refers to. These serve the Abrahamic God= a single being God= YHWH(Jehovah) just as every true worshipper has all throughout history.
Matt 23:38-39 says no such thing. The combing of the house of Judah and the house of Ephraim under the leadership of David on the land given to Jacob has not occurred and will not occur until "after two days" (2000 years) (Hosea 5:15 - 6:2). According to Hosea 3, the "sons of Israel/Jacob" will "return" and seek their God, and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days."(Hosea 3:5) We are now in the "last days"/"end of the age"/"end time" (Daniel 12:9-13 & Matt 13:30) when "first" the "tares" will be "gathered" and thrown into "the furnace of fire" (Har-Magedon), and then the "wheat" will be put into the barn. Judah (Jews) has been established in the land given to Jacob, and now the nations/Gentiles will be brought against Jerusalem (house of David and Judah) (Zech 14:1-2) and be crushed, and then Ephraim/Israel will be gathered out of the nations and combined with the house of Judah and returned to the land given to Jacob under the rulership of David (Ez 36:24-28).

Israelite religion will never do Matt 23:39-- you are mistaken in your belief.
(NASB) Matthew 23:39 reads: "For I say to you, from now on you shall not see me until you say, "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD".

It is not until after 2000 years, 2 days, per Hosea 5:15-6:2 that Israel/Ephraim and Judah will "return to the LORD" and "He will heal us". There is no "Israelite religion". Ephraim/Israel, the 10 northern tribes made their own religion in the image of the Gentile religion, and bowed to the Lord Baal, and therefore where "scattered among the nations" (Ezekiel 36:19-24) where they remain to this day, yet to be "gathered out" and returned to the land given to Jacob. I think you and the "many" (Matthew 7:15) are on the wide path to "destruction", by following the "false prophets" of Matthew 7:15.

I know my teachers have Jesus. Spiritual Israel meaning Gods chosen belong to Jesus. Literal Israel rejects him every step of the way.
According to the "Word", the teachers/shepherds of "Israel", the "shepherds" have not fed or healed the sheep, and will be replaced by David, and the "fat shepherds", will be "destroyed". (Ezekiel 34:1-5 & 16 & 23). As for Yeshua, "Jesus", he sits at the right hand of the LORD until the LORD puts his enemies at his feet. (Psalms 110:1). The son of man had to go to heaven in order to send the "Helper". One needs the anointing/Helper (1 John 2:27) to discern the "Word" or they remain with eyes which cannot see (Matthew 13:14). The Lord, the son of man, remains in heaven until "immediately after" "day of the LORD" (Matthew 24:29). God's elect belong to God, and David is to be their king and shepherd (Ezekiel 34:23), as well as ruling over the nations/Gentiles with a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15). The sons of Israel/Jacob, Judah and Ephraim, will "return" and be "healed" in 2 days (2000 years) (Hosea 5:15-6:2)

New American Standard Bible
A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

Jesus is the king. David will not be. Its Jesus who rules with a rod of iron. Yes--YHWH said to my Lord( Jesus)
The Lord, Yeshua, the "son of man" (Mt 24:30) sits at the right hand of the LORD God, until his enemies are made a footstool for is feet (Psalms). The ruler of the world is Satan and his minions, the "beasts" (Rev 13:4), such as the Caesars, and not Yeshua at this time. The "kingdom" isn't established until all the nations of Daniel 2:44-45 are crushed all at the same time. That has never happened. Yeshua is sitting at the right hand of God in heaven, not ruling on earth. The "Word of God" (Rev 19:13) will return to "smite the nations". and will then rule with a "rod of iron" (Rev 19:15).

The kingdom was established here-Rev 6:1--See --he receives his crown=Jesus)--This time period is called the presence- Matt 24:37--1Cor 15:23- 2Peter 3:4

Savant

Post #86

Post by 1213 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:01 am ....
All, that is here mentioned iin this prophecy is a release from captivity and a regathering. There is no denying that happened in the 5th century BCE.
The notion of a reestablisshment of the Davidic rulership is only presented in connection with the promised Messiah (after the Babylonian conquest the Jews never again existed as a sovereign nation). Are you sayong you think the Messiah arrived with his angels in 1948?
The prophesy is speaking of multiple nations, therefore I wouldn't think Babylon is fitting.

I am not saying the Messiah arrived with his angels in 1948. But why do you think it should have happened, if Jews are already being gathered back?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #87

Post by JehovahsWitness »

1213 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:48 am
The prophesy is speaking of multiple nations, therefore I wouldn't think Babylon is fitting.
Firstly the nation of Israel was conquered by two different nations. The ten tribes were conquered by the Assyrians and the southern tribes by the Babylonians. The ten tribes were uprooted and dispersed to various lands and the Judah about 100 years later to the lands dominated by the Babylonians. So historically the all 12 tribes found themselves scattered amongst various peoples over many different lands.

It is scripturally untenable to argue that the restoration of the Jews to Israel and the rebuilding of the temple after the Baylonian exile was not a fulfillment of said scripture because in your opinion they didn't end up in multiple nations (peoples/lands/countries ) because that is exactly what the Prophets at the time said had happened. Note what the Prophets Daniel said during his repentance prayer.
DANIEL 9:7

... the men of Judah, the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and all Israel, those nearby and far away, in all the lands to which you dispersed them because they acted unfaithfully toward you.
So Daniel explicity stated that Jehovah has disperses the Jews to to various lands. Daniel explains that Jeremiah's prophecy of a restoration was due for fulfillment in his day in the 5th century BCE, adding ... "Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this calamity has come upon us" .

Note Jeremiah ...

JEREMIAH 32:37

‘Here I will gather them together from all the lands where I dispersed them in my anger and in my wrath and in great indignation,+ and I will bring them back to this place and let them dwell in security]
JEREMIAH 29:10

For this is what Jehovah says, ‘When 70 years at Babylon are fulfilled, I will turn my attention to you, and I will make good my promise by bringing you back to this place
So both Jeremiah and Daniel confirm that by their day the Jews had been scattered to various lands so for you to suggest a prophecy {quote} "speaking of multiple nations" {end quote} does not apply is in direct contradiction to the Prophets own words. Further, Jeremiah confirmed that just 70 years later the end of their exile would fulfill a prior existing promise to regather them.
An arguement might be made for double fulfillment, but to suggest the regathering of the dispersed nation at that time was not a fulfillment of previous prophecy ignores the prophets themselves.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #88

Post by SacredBishop »

Lots of religious Jews don't like the current state of Israel, and do not consider it a fulfillment of prophecy. They say the government of Israel does not reflect Judaism or the prophets at all.

Davado
Banned
Banned

Post #89

Post by Davado »

God is such a drama queen.
Most scripture is pathetic objectively.
And this will happen
And this
Fear me
Tremble

What a jerk. I'm amazed so many rational people buy into it.
Ye you're going to do bad shit
So what ?
I'm unimpressed.
You bore me Jesus you jerk..

The creation is great but most everything else, including your personality? Pathetic childishness,
He's like a boy holding a magnifying glass over ants on a sunny day

otseng
Savant

Post #90

Post by otseng »

Davado wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:12 am God is such a drama queen.
Most scripture is pathetic objectively.
And this will happen
And this
Fear me
Tremble

What a jerk. I'm amazed so many rational people buy into it.
Ye you're going to do bad shit
So what ?
I'm unimpressed.
You bore me Jesus you jerk..

The creation is great but most everything else, including your personality? Pathetic childishness,
He's like a boy holding a magnifying glass over ants on a sunny day
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

Blanket statements, profanity, personal attacks, and incivility are all against the rules.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.