Is the holy spirit a living being?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

Is the holy spirit a living being?

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

Is the holy spirit a living being with equality to the Father and son? Lets look at bible facts.

1) The Father has a name-YHWH(Jehovah) the son has a name Jesus-Holy spirit-0
2) The Father seen on a throne, the son seen on a throne-Holy spirit-0
3)The Father shares certain things with the son-Holy spirit-0
4)Many very important passages in NT where only the Father and son are spoken of-holy spirit-2
The most important one being John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus. Holy spirit-0

No is the answer i see. How about you?

The new Catholic encyclopedia 1967 Vol XIII Page 575-- The majority of NT texts reveal Gods spirit as something not someone.

MissKate13
Sage

Re: Is the holy spirit a living being?

Post #51

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #47]

The Holy Spirit, the true author of Scripture, is the one who chose to portray himself as a person, just as he chose to portray wisdom as a woman. He doesn’t picture himself as an impersonal active force. Why do you?
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #52

Post by kjw47 »

MissKate13 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:14 am [Replying to kjw47 in post #47]

The Holy Spirit, the true author of Scripture, is the one who chose to portray himself as a person, just as he chose to portray wisdom as a woman. He doesn’t picture himself as an impersonal active force. Why do you?

Even the Catholic encyclopedia says--in most NT instances the Holy spirit is spoken of not as a living being.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #53

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #52]

You must be desperate calling for the Catholic Encyclopedia to support your view.

Why won’t you answer my question? The Holy Spirit never refers to himself as an impersonal active force anywhere in Scripture. Why do you?

Can you point to a Hebrew or Greek verse containing the phrase “active force?”

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #54

Post by kjw47 »

MissKate13 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:02 pm [Replying to kjw47 in post #52]

You must be desperate calling for the Catholic Encyclopedia to support your view.

Why won’t you answer my question? The Holy Spirit never refers to himself as an impersonal active force anywhere in Scripture. Why do you?

Can you point to a Hebrew or Greek verse containing the phrase “active force?”

All who know God know that it is his active force. The HS has no name, no throne, God doesn't share anything with it like he does with Jesus, etc.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #55

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #54]

You wrote:
All who know God know that it is his active force. The HS has no name, no throne, God doesn't share anything with it like he does with Jesus, etc.

My response: Why won’t you answer my question? Where in the Hebrew or Greek Scriptures is the Holy Spirit ever referred to as an “active force?”

Jesus, His apostles, and men like Noah, Abraham, Moses, etc. never called or referred to the Holy Spirit an “active force.” Are you suggesting they didn’t know God?

God is Spirit (John 4:24). Do you believe God is living?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #56

Post by kjw47 »

MissKate13 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:29 am [Replying to kjw47 in post #54]

You wrote:

My response: Why won’t you answer my question? Where in the Hebrew or Greek Scriptures is the Holy Spirit ever referred to as an “active force?”

Jesus, His apostles, and men like Noah, Abraham, Moses, etc. never called or referred to the Holy Spirit an “active force.” Are you suggesting they didn’t know God?

Both Father and son have personal names, Both are shown on thrones, both have certain aspects like Honor and glory-Holy spirit-0--Why?
The fact that only the Father knows the day and hour, and only his will gets done proves 100% 0 equality.

Miles
Savant

Post #57

Post by Miles »

You wrote:

John 4:24
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

What does it mean to "worship him in spirit"?

That a person has some kind of spiritual form he can access so as to worship?
That a person worship god's spirit?
That a person worship him with spirit, i.e. with courage, energy, and determination?

"And in truth"?

That a person accepts god as being true, i.e. actually exists?
That a person accepts what god says and stands for is true?
That a person's worship is truly sincere---not pretending?

MissKate13
Sage

Post #58

Post by MissKate13 »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:47 pm

You wrote:

Both Father and son have personal names, Both are shown on thrones, both have certain aspects like Honor and glory-Holy spirit-0--Why?
The fact that only the Father knows the day and hour, and only his will gets done proves 100% 0 equality.
Once again you avoid direct questions.

Where in the Hebrew or Greek Scriptures is the Holy Spirit ever called an “active force?”

God is Spirit (John 4:24). Do you believe God is living? Yes or no. It’s a simple question.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #59

Post by MissKate13 »

Miles wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:32 pm

You wrote:

John 4:24
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

What does it mean to "worship him in spirit"?

That a person has some kind of spiritual form he can access so as to worship?
That a person worship god's spirit?
That a person worship him with spirit, i.e. with courage, energy, and determination?

"And in truth"?

That a person accepts god as being true, i.e. actually exists?
That a person accepts what god says and stands for is true?
That a person's worship is truly sincere---not pretending?

Is God a living being? Yes or no?

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #60

Post by Runner »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:13 pm 1 Cor 1:10--unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division. Yet there are 40,000 religions claiming to be christian--1 is. All of them claim to be lead by HS, 1 is.

In Isaiah YHWH was the only savior at that point in time. Jesus didnt become savior as well until he succeeded his earthly course and die a sinless existence to set the ransom for all to try to obtain.
I clearly see how your religions twist things that are not being said--Example-Rev 7:9--the great crowd will stand before the throne--your religions twist this into they are going to heaven. But reality= At that point in time Gods throne will be the only ruling power in existence, so no matter where one stands-earth, moon or heaven they will stand before the throne. And since only the little flock=144,000=the bride of Christ is promised heaven, the great crowd no man can number will be the only other ones saved thus get this promise-Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:29--Prov 2:21-22, Matt24:22
You are very unfamiliar with Scripture.

1 Cor. 1:10 speaks of no divisions among Christians, while 1 Cor. 11:19 says there MUST be divisions among Christians to show who is approved of God. All of the myriad of other religions in the world, not to mention the varying opinions of the masses about Christianity has no bearing at all upon my post that used Scripture to make my entire case.

Your arguments from Revelation are moot as that is a book that is founded on symbols and non-literal spiritual concepts PER Jesus Christ in Rev. 1:1.

The only people who will be saved are those who God knows, who have actually received the Holy Spirit (God/Jesus Christ - John 14:21-23) by obeying the 10 Commandments. Rev. 3:10; 14:12 Whether it will be exactly 144, 000 is really not relevant, and is not taught anywhere in Scripture. The number is only mentioned in Revelation 14. That's one, very symbolic, chapter out of 1,189 chapters in the Bible. Not a very strong case there.

The Holy Spirit is a living being; it is Jesus Christ. John 14:21-23; Romans 8:9-11