JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

kjw47
Under Probation

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #961

Post by kjw47 »

Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:42 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:36 pm Then please explain how each verse that the OP presents actually shows that Jesus IS God. That would be extremely informative and might actually change my mind! :D
Nah, that's not how it works. Nice try though.

You don't get to SELECT the verses that you wish for someone to prove this or that to you with.

The Bible is LOADED with verses that prove Jesus is God.

All of you who preach this trash completely throw out John 1:1, 14 which couldn't be MORE clear that Jesus is God. But OF COURSE if the Bible is that clear on a topic you don't agree with, here you come with "It's not the proper translation!!", etc., etc.

Those who are actually sincere in their interest will find all of these verses make the case very well:

Isaiah 9:6
Isaiah 42:8
Isaiah 43:10-11
Isaiah 45:7, 11 (Ref. John 1:1, 14)
Hosea 13:4
John 4:24 (Ref. Romans 8:9-11)
John 8:24 (Ref. Isaiah 43:10)
John 10:30
John 14:21-23
Titus 3:4
Jude 25
Errors and twisting what is said leads to your belief--Here is what Jesus said--John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father)THEONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--2majorpoints here--the Father is the only true God and the only true Godsent another(Jesus) and did not come to earth. It takes believing Jesus over the errors translated in.

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #962

Post by Runner »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:59 pmErrors and twisting what is said leads to your belief--Here is what Jesus said--John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father)THEONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--2majorpoints here--the Father is the only true God and the only true Godsent another(Jesus) and did not come to earth. It takes believing Jesus over the errors translated in.
The Father IS the only True God.

And Jesus Christ IS that God.

The Father is the only True Savior.

And Jesus Christ IS that Savior.

There's not a naysayer alive that can account for all that is written about Christ in the Bible and make a case, that holds even a single drop of water, that He is just a man. Not one.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #963

Post by myth-one.com »

Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 pm
kjw47 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:59 pmErrors and twisting what is said leads to your belief--Here is what Jesus said--John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father)THEONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--2majorpoints here--the Father is the only true God and the only true Godsent another(Jesus) and did not come to earth. It takes believing Jesus over the errors translated in.

There's not a naysayer alive that can account for all that is written about Christ in the Bible and make a case, that holds even a single drop of water, that He is just a man. Not one.
How about Timothy? Granted he is no longer alive.

But Timothy was inspired by God to write in the scriptures that Jesus was a man:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
;

<================================================>

All mankind was made "a little lower than the angels":

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? ...For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, (Psalm 8:4-5)

Jesus Christ was also made to be "a little lower than the angels," exactly as man was created:

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (Hebrews 2:9)

Jesus was a man.

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #964

Post by Runner »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:48 pmHow about Timothy? Granted he is no longer alive.

But Timothy was inspired by God to write in the scriptures that Jesus was a man:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
;

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? ...For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, (Psalm 8:4-5)

Jesus Christ was also made to be "a little lower than the angels," exactly as man was created:

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (Hebrews 2:9)

Jesus was a man.
Cherry-picking Scriptures to satisfy your desperate need for evidence of your unbiblical stance will never eliminate all the Scripture that supports the FACT that Jesus is God.

Look, you can believe whatever makes you feel better about living in habitual sins, and in disobedience toward God, it won't change the fact that God has prescribed a WAY for man to live, and provided ample evidence of what He expects us to believe, in order to be considered right with Him. You can't write your own Bible, and you can't construct your own God, and still receive the promises God has offered to those who love Him and seek Him, and His Truth, diligently.

God considers deceivableness, the sheer capability of being deceived by false doctrines, to be an outward sign of unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:10

God considers lack of knowledge and understanding to be an outward sign of unrighteousness, a symbol to Him of who belongs to the devil; and thus, who He will destroy. Hosea 4:6

The Bible tells us there MUST be divisions among Christians so that even WE can recognize who is of God and who is not. Being deceived, and believing and preaching all manner of clearly unbiblical nonsense, is a clear sign of somebody's separation from God. 1 Corinthians 11:19

You keep right on believing and preaching your unbiblical nonsense. Revelation 22:11

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #965

Post by kjw47 »

Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 pm

You will find out different. The Israelites-NEVER served a trinity God, because God is not a trinity. They served the true God.

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #966

Post by Runner »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:49 pmYou will find out different. The Israelites-NEVER served a trinity God, because God is not a trinity. They served the true God.
You'll have to produce a post from me, from anywhere on this entire site, that shows me arguing in favor of a trinity before we can move forward.

See ya.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #967

Post by kjw47 »

Runner wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:54 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:49 pmYou will find out different. The Israelites-NEVER served a trinity God, because God is not a trinity. They served the true God.
You'll have to produce a post from me, from anywhere on this entire site, that shows me arguing in favor of a trinity before we can move forward.

See ya.
You stated Jesus is that God,)----only trinitarians believe Jesus is God.

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #968

Post by Runner »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:24 pm You stated Jesus is that God,)----only trinitarians believe Jesus is God.
Whatever you have learned about the Bible, from wherever, is very lacking.

No, trinitarians are not the only ones who believe Jesus is God.

I don't agree with trinitarians in the least. I believe exactly what the Bible teaches from Genesis to Revelation.

Jesus and God are ONE. Jesus IS God Almighty.

There is NO trinity taught anywhere in all of Scripture, but there is also no continuity of the concept that the Father is the only God and Jesus is just a man. That is not sound doctrine in the least.

On the contrary, the Bible is very clear, and has continuity throughout, that Jesus Christ is God Almighty.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #969

Post by myth-one.com »

Runner wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:25 am
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:48 pmHow about Timothy? Granted he is no longer alive.

;

Jesus was a man.
Cherry-picking Scriptures to satisfy your desperate need for evidence of your unbiblical stance will never eliminate all the Scripture that supports the FACT that Jesus is God.

Look, you can believe whatever makes you feel better about living in habitual sins, and in disobedience toward God, it won't change the fact that God has prescribed a WAY for man to live, and provided ample evidence of what He expects us to believe, in order to be considered right with Him. You can't write your own Bible, and you can't construct your own God, and still receive the promises God has offered to those who love Him and seek Him, and His Truth, diligently.

God considers deceivableness, the sheer capability of being deceived by false doctrines, to be an outward sign of unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:10

God considers lack of knowledge and understanding to be an outward sign of unrighteousness, a symbol to Him of who belongs to the devil; and thus, who He will destroy. Hosea 4:6

The Bible tells us there MUST be divisions among Christians so that even WE can recognize who is of God and who is not. Being deceived, and believing and preaching all manner of clearly unbiblical nonsense, is a clear sign of somebody's separation from God. 1 Corinthians 11:19

You keep right on believing and preaching your unbiblical nonsense. Revelation 22:11

Are you claiming that believing what the Bible clearly states about Jesus Christ being a man is unbiblical nonsense and false doctrine?

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #970

Post by Runner »

[Replying to kjw47 in post #967]

Has it ever occurred to you that Jesus has NO earthly, human, father?

That's kind of a big deal. Wouldn't you say?

How many "men" do you know that have NO earthly, human, father; that came only from their mother's egg, with no man whatsoever involved in their procreation?

In your very limited Bible experience, have you ever come across the verse that states that "we should not all be teachers"? And that there will be a more severe punishment for those who teach things about God and the Bible that are unbiblical?

Claiming that Jesus is just a "man" is verrry unbiblical.