Atheism VS Lake Of Freaking Fire

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Atheism VS Lake Of Freaking Fire

Post #1

Post by SacredBishop »

As Christopher Hitchens said, " whatever reasons you use to reject every other God, simply apply those same reasons to the God of the Bible " Well if I did that I'd be an atheist, but the Lake of Fire is no beuno. I'd rather go to heaven confused, then go to hell unconfused. Is eternal damnation a good reason not to be an atheist? I'm scared of Lake of Fire, and don't want to go there. Atheism has no Lake of Fire.

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Re: Atheism VS Lake Of Freaking Fire

Post #11

Post by SacredBishop »

Difflugia wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:54 pm
SacredBishop wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:43 pmI'm scared of Lake of Fire, and don't want to go there. Atheism has no Lake of Fire.
Isn't that a good reason to be atheist? When I was young, I was afraid of ghosts. I stopped being afraid of them when I realized they weren't real. How much time and emotional effort do you waste being afraid of Zeus, vampires, rogue mermaids, and Godzilla? Just add the Lake of Fire to the list.
I'm just saying its risky to doubt Jesus. If Jesus ain't real, then I wouldn't know it when I'm dead, but if he is real, then the lake of fire for me. Its in my best interest to be afraid of hell, if hell is real.

Thomas123
Sage

Post #12

Post by Thomas123 »

SacredBishop 'Well, as my pastor told me, " we have to accept God the way He is, whether we agree or not." Might is right. I am not stronger than God, I can't simply defeat Him and do away with His hell because I don't like it very much '

Thomas123:

Your logic is perfect her SB, and therein lies the cynical cruelty of this doctrine. Even in 2023, people who are fearful will gravitate towards insurance, be it health, house, travel or whatever. I cannot break the iron fast bind of this Hell doctrine. I can sell you platitudes about not worrying etc but in the end if the Hell virus catches hold you have two choices. Counselling and direction from a stronger Pastor or acceptance of your mental lot and try to be good. This is very bad poison that Christianity has used indiscriminately for millennia.
I sympathize with you because it is always at the back of your mind, just imagine if the @#$% thing was true!😲

Davado
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Davado »

And that's Christianity in a nutshell.
Worship a God that none of you seem to like very much in order to avoid torture.
I've made my bed now and can't convert at the last minute, which is good because who knows what prolonged torture would do to my resolve.
I'm not Christian as a matter of principle.
And Christians are Christians due to fear .

It's sad really. A shame we can't appeal to a higher God due to unfairness.
Or just kill the bastard

Thomas123
Sage

Post #14

Post by Thomas123 »

Careful Davado,quick edit needed, ...rules!😜

Diogenes
Guru

Post #15

Post by Diogenes »

SacredBishop wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:51 pm Well, as my pastor told me, " we have to accept God the way He is, whether we agree or not." Might is right. I am not stronger than God, I can't simply defeat Him and do away with His hell because I don't like it very much.

Fortunately WE don't have to accept your "God" or any other... the way 'He' is or in any other form. Since many of us think of 'Him' as a complete and unfortunate fantasy, we don't even get to spit in his eye or defy him. He simply is not there. We can only harbor some amusement . . . or maybe a little sympathy for those who volunteer to shackle themselves with a belief in the non existent.

Belief in God seems to us a self inflicted wound.
:)

Before You Embark On A Journey Of Revenge, Dig Two Graves

— Confucius

Davado
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Davado »

What rule did I break?
Jesus you have to tiptoe around?
I didn't read the rules anyway.
They have those disclaimers on everything.
You'd die of old age trying to read them all before agreeing.
Anyhow to be on the safe side i apologise for my transgression whatever it was

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #17

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to SacredBishop in post #11
I'm just saying its risky to doubt Jesus.
This is Pascal's Wager, and it doesn't work.

Jews don't believe that Jesus was their Messiah, and do believe that following a false messiah will lead them to eternal separation from God. For a Jew it's risky to believe in Jesus, so Pascal's Wager doesn't work for Jews. And if it doesn't work for everyone, it doesn't work for anyone.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #18

Post by Purple Knight »

SacredBishop wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:43 pmWell if I did that I'd be an atheist, but the Lake of Fire is no beuno. I'd rather go to heaven confused, then go to hell unconfused.
Put yourself in the shoes of God. Would you do that? Would you toss people into a world where they have no knowledge, spin them around blindfolded, tell them to pick a door, hide behind one of them, and reward the ones who in the confusion you placed them in, picked you?

A god who makes morality a gameshow does not deserve my worship. Let him send me to Hell. He's a tyrant, and tyrants must be resisted.

Davado
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Davado »

I'll stand by you in hell prodigy.
You sir are a man

Davado
Banned
Banned