Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

From the believers heart?

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus describes what comes out of the believers heart here;

“From the heart of he who believes in me shall flow rivers of living water.”

Do you and others you know possess this quality?

Can you use scripture to define “living water.”

Bobcat
Apprentice

Re: From the believers heart?

Post #11

Post by Bobcat »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:43 pm
Bobcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:29 pm
Eddie Ramos wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:32 pm
John 14:6 (KJV) 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The I He is speaking of is not Himself personally but as the servant of God, the son of man.

Those who serve in spirit and in truth could truthfully proclaim the same thing.

“ I said you are gods, all of you sons of the Most High.”

There is only one kind of son but more than one. All are son of man.
But you have no scriptural support for claiming that Jesus is not speaking of himself personally as the way, the truth and the life. I know this because the Bible gives us plenty of scriptural support to your contrary.

Jesus is "I AM":
John 8:58 (KJV 1900)
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Jesus is the Way:
Acts 4:12 (KJV 1900)
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jesus is the Truth:
Revelation 19:11 (KJV 1900)
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Jesus is the Life:
John 1:4 (KJV 1900)
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Every part of John 14:6 describes Jesus personally as God himself by which without, there was no salvation.

The problem with your second sentence is that the majority of the world thinks they serve in spirit and in truth and thereby also think they are proclaiming truth like Christ did, but they're not. Only Christ is truth because only God is truth and mankind is a liar.

Romans 3:4 (KJV 1900)
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Interesting how the Bible tells us that Jesus is the truth and his name is "True", yet he was a man, which according to the above verse, are all liars. Therefore, there mist be something different about Jesus, and there is. He is JEHOVAH manifested in the flesh. That is why he could be both man and truth, unlike mankind who are liars.

Lastly, you quoted Psalm 82:6 to claim that we are sons of God, but failed to quote the next verse.

Psalm 82:6–7 (KJV 1900)
6  I have said, Ye are gods;
And all of you are children of the most High.
7  But ye shall die like men,
And fall like one of the princes.

So, this passage is not speaking about true sons of God, but those who typify the sons of God (like the nation of Israel and those in the churches of the world), yet were never saved to begin with. That is why they will die like men and fall. And the fact that God calls mankind "gods" is because we were created in his image and his likeness, but were created with the ability to die, and die we did. So, in actuality, the true sons of God are very few.

Matthew 22:14 (KJV 1900)
For many are called, but few are chosen.
There is plenty of scripture that backs it up. It does no good to post it because Christians can’t and don’t accept it.

The name Jesus does not save but all those who call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.

The faithful and true are just that, faithful and true. They are those who continue in God’s word as Jesus instructed so as to become His disciples in order to know the truth. The problem with your theology is you do not do so.

Remember it’s impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god. That is god little g. As in son of God.

The reason God says those son’s will die like men is because they were not judging as instructed. That’s why if you kept reading He tells them to “rise up O god and judge the earth”. Of course the translators fail to understand this so they think it is speaking of God the Father judging but no.

“If the son frees you, you shall truly be free.”

The son only frees those who become the servant of God, the son.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #12

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Bobcat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:35 pm
John 14:6 (KJV) 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The I He is speaking of is not Himself personally but as the servant of God, the son of man.

Those who serve in spirit and in truth could truthfully proclaim the same thing.

But you have no scriptural support for claiming that Jesus is not speaking of himself personally as the way, the truth and the life. I know this because the Bible gives us plenty of scriptural support to your contrary.

Jesus is "I AM":

Jesus is the Way:
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jesus is the Truth:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Jesus is the Life:

Every part of John 14:6 describes Jesus personally as God himself by which without, there was no salvation.

The problem with your second sentence is that the majority of the world thinks they serve in spirit and in truth and thereby also think they are proclaiming truth like Christ did, but they're not. Only Christ is truth because only God is truth and mankind is a liar.

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Interesting how the Bible tells us that Jesus is the truth and his name is "True", yet he was a man, which according to the above verse, are all liars. Therefore, there mist be something different about Jesus, and there is. He is JEHOVAH manifested in the flesh. That is why he could be both man and truth, unlike mankind who are liars.

Lastly, you quoted Psalm 82:6 to claim that we are sons of God, but failed to quote the next verse.

So, this passage is not speaking about true sons of God, but those who typify the sons of God (like the nation of Israel and those in the churches of the world), yet were never saved to begin with. That is why they will die like men and fall. And the fact that God calls mankind "gods" is because we were created in his image and his likeness, but were created with the ability to die, and die we did. So, in actuality, the true sons of God are very few.

There is plenty of scripture that backs it up. It does no good to post it because Christians can’t and don’t accept it.

The name Jesus does not save but all those who call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.

The faithful and true are just that, faithful and true. They are those who continue in God’s word as Jesus instructed so as to become His disciples in order to know the truth. The problem with your theology is you do not do so.

Remember it’s impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god. That is god little g. As in son of God.

The reason God says those son’s will die like men is because they were not judging as instructed. That’s why if you kept reading He tells them to “rise up O god and judge the earth”. Of course the translators fail to understand this so they think it is speaking of God the Father judging but no.

Whenever someone tells me that posting scripture does no good, but then proceeds to write their own understanding of things, it tells me that they believe their own understanding more than the actual scriptures they purport to believe. This seems to be the case here because I presented a scripture that tells us that there is none other name under heaven whereby we must be saved. This is the name of Jesus.

Did we understand that correctly? The Bible says yes.

1 Corinthians 6:11 (KJV 1900)
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

But in your own wisdom, you declare the exact opposite: "The name Jesus does not save but all those who call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved."

Obviously you're not familiar with what the Lord's name is. Let me post the scriptures again.

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

2 Thessalonians 1:12 (KJV 1900)
That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

This is what happens when someone doesn't compare scripture with scripture as the Bible tells us. This is what happens when people isolate the scriptures that contradict them. When people ignore whatever scriptures that don't benefit their doctrines, it becomes very simple to see that those doctrines are absolutely false. This is the importance of posting scriptures, even if you believe it does no good.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by Bobcat »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:50 pm
Bobcat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:35 pm

Jesus is "I AM":

Jesus is the Way:

Jesus is the Truth:

Jesus is the Life:

Whenever someone tells me that posting scripture does no good, but then proceeds to write their own understanding of things, it tells me that they believe their own understanding more than the actual scriptures they purport to believe. This seems to be the case here because I presented a scripture that tells us that there is none other name under heaven whereby we must be saved. This is the name of Jesus.

Did we understand that correctly? The Bible says yes.

But in your own wisdom, you declare the exact opposite: "The name Jesus does not save but all those who call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved."

Obviously you're not familiar with what the Lord's name is. Let me post the scriptures again.

2 Thessalonians 1:12 (KJV 1900)
That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

This is what happens when someone doesn't compare scripture with scripture as the Bible tells us. This is what happens when people isolate the scriptures that contradict them. When people ignore whatever scriptures that don't benefit their doctrines, it becomes very simple to see that those doctrines are absolutely false. This is the importance of posting scriptures, even if you believe it does no good.
Paul’s words are not scripture. The Epistles are not inspired.

“Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks.”

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #14

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:32 pm

Well, Muslims believe the very same thing about Paul. This is how they're able to get around so many scriptures that contradict their doctrines. As a matter of fact, there's not a single religion that I can think of that doesn't add or take away from the inspired Word of God in order for them to feel comfortable in their doctrines. Why is that? Because that's the easiest way for them not to have to try and deal with the word of God that contradicts what they're proclaiming as "truth".

So, it is very unfortunate that anyone who believes that the scriptures have been corrupted by man have fallen in the same trap. Especially since God himself has told us that he would be the one to preserve his word forever.

Psalms 12:6-7 (KJV)
6 The words of the LORD are pure words:
as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD,
thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Bobcat »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:20 am
Bobcat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:32 pm

Well, Muslims believe the very same thing about Paul. This is how they're able to get around so many scriptures that contradict their doctrines. As a matter of fact, there's not a single religion that I can think of that doesn't add or take away from the inspired Word of God in order for them to feel comfortable in their doctrines. Why is that? Because that's the easiest way for them not to have to try and deal with the word of God that contradicts what they're proclaiming as "truth".

So, it is very unfortunate that anyone who believes that the scriptures have been corrupted by man have fallen in the same trap. Especially since God himself has told us that he would be the one to preserve his word forever.

Psalms 12:6-7 (KJV)
6 The words of the LORD are pure words:
as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD,
thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
You believe in Paul but Jesus own words say he is an imposter.

Paul only quoted Jesus one time but Jesus sent His followers with His signature phrases as well as the words of God from all the prophets.

As Jesus stated;

“I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them…” Paul didn’t acquire them.

“The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.”

“I am the gate, anyone who enters by me shall be saved.”

Paul never used those words. Imposter!!!!

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #16

Post by Eddie Ramos »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:17 pm You believe in Paul but Jesus own words say he is an imposter.

Paul only quoted Jesus one time but Jesus sent His followers with His signature phrases as well as the words of God from all the prophets.

As Jesus stated;

“I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them…” Paul didn’t acquire them.

Not sure who's been feeding you this information, but sadly it's completely and totally inaccurate. Paul was chosen by Jesus Christ to preach the gospel, just like the other disciples and just like every true child of God.

Acts 9:3–5 (KJV 1900)
And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Acts 9:10–16 (KJV 1900)
And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. 11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, 12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight. 13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: 14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name. 15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear MY NAME before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake.

Acts 26:14–18 (KJV 1900)
And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

I mean one has to truly reject the Word of God so that they can feel comfortable in their doctrines, but that's just not the way to truth. That's the way to avoid it.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #17

Post by Bobcat »

Eddie Ramos wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:09 pm
Bobcat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:17 pm You believe in Paul but Jesus own words say he is an imposter.

As Jesus stated;

Not sure who's been feeding you this information, but sadly it's completely and totally inaccurate. Paul was chosen by Jesus Christ to preach the gospel, just like the other disciples and just like every true child of God.

Acts 9:3–5 (KJV 1900)
And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Acts 9:10–16 (KJV 1900)
And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. 11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, 12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight. 13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: 14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name. 15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear MY NAME before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake.

Acts 26:14–18 (KJV 1900)
And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

I mean one has to truly reject the Word of God so that they can feel comfortable in their doctrines, but that's just not the way to truth. That's the way to avoid it.
You have your head in the sand to believe Paul’s delusion. Jesus spent three years showing the Disciples what to do and say. He wouldn’t have sent someone in a different way. The Epistles are not scripture. Those who put them in the Bible had no clue.

Sticking with the words of God from the Prophets is the best start. Walking in the light to the finish is the only way.

Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you.

While you have the light believe in the light and you shall become a child of light.

Just as in the days of Noah so shall it be at the coming of the son of man.

Christianity does not teach to do what Jesus commanded. That is why the world is as in the days of Noah.

There is no religion that is prudent.