Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #201

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #200]

I cant believe you asked me that question, I have answered it about 100 times already, you dont pay attention.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #202

Post by Brightfame52 »

He is Alpha and Omega , the first and the last !

We know that Jesus Christ is God Almighty and that He knows it Himself by these sacred words Rev 1:11-18

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The Divine Character of Alpha and Omega , the first and the last denotes His Deity in the Godhead of the Triune God,

Jesus here in Rev 1:18 was Identifying Himself as the Redeemer of God's People as set forth here in the OT scripture Isa 44:6

Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Now who is the King of Israel ? Matt 27:42

He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Mark 15:32

Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Jn 1:49

Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

Nathanael here means that King of Israel from here Isa 44:6

Jn 12:13

Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jesus is also the Redeemer of Israel as described in Isa 44:6

Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Lk 1:68

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

The word visited means :

Salvation from God has come to us ! This would also equate Redemption with Salvation,Lk 1:78 also it means:

to look upon in order to help or to benefit, equivalent to to look after, have a care for, provide for, of God: To actually effect the desire blessing ! See Heb 2:16

Lk 24:21

But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

Note: He was the One that was to redeem Israel, and in fact as Lk 1:68 states, He did redeem Israel as promised, just not natural israel according to the flesh, for remember Paul shall yet write Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

See, the doubters of Lk 24:21 thought the Word of God's Promise to Redeem Israel had came of non effect, but they were just ignorant to the Israel the Promise was made to and of, and the True Spiritual Nature of their Redemption promised by God ! 53

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #203

Post by Runner »

Brightfame52 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:03 am Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !
Absolutely correct and there are many other verses that prove Jesus to be God.

God bless.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #204

Post by Brightfame52 »

He is Alpha and Omega , the first and the last ! 2

We have Linked the Lord Jesus Christ, the One speaking in Rev 1:11

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

And Linked that One to The Redeemer Isa 44:6

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts;I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Now we Know that Jesus is the Redeemer, we Know that He is the King of Israel, now lets see also that He is the Lord of Hosts !

Remember Isaiahs Prophecy here Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

You know who that " The Lord of Hosts" is ? Its the Lord Jesus Christ.

Notice in Isa 6:1 when the prophet said he saw the Lord sitting upon a Throne, denoting that He is a King, but it also says that His Train filled the Temple ! This speaks to His being also a High Priest, a Priest on a Throne, Zech 6:13

Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Thats why He is said to have a Train that filled the Temple. The Word Train here is hebrew shul:

skirt (of a robe)

The Vision of the Divine Being had a Robe On, something that the High Priest would wear as per

of high priest's robe Exodus 28:33 (twice in verse); Exodus 28:34 = Exodus 39:24,25,26

Now this is extrememly important because in the Vision that John has of Jesus Christ in Rev 1 it is stated of the One who spoke the words in Rev 1:11-13 this:

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Thats describing the Train that Daniel saw in the Vision of Isa 6:1-3 ! Its the same Divine Being, the Lord of Hosts, who is God Almighty, but yet, its also the Son of God, not the Father, for the Father is not the High Priest of the People, thats the Sons Role ! Heb 4:14

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Thats who Isa saw as the Lord of Hosts here Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Also John confirms that Christ is the Lord of Hosts here Jn 12:41

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.55

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #205

Post by myth-one.com »

Runner wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:51 am. . . there are many other verses that prove Jesus to be God.
Actually, the scriptures state that Jesus was a man:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

And all men are appointed to die once:

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

If Jesus is God, how could He die?

Isn't God immortal?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #206

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is God by Authority of Apostolic Testimony !

There is No Faith in Christ apart from the Word of His Sent Apostles Jn 17:17-20

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

The Apostle John is one of them, and we will look at His Testimony confirming that Jesus, the Son is also the True God !

1 Jn 5:20

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This[Son Jesus Christ] is the true God, and eternal life.

Folks its no escaping the Testimony here that Jesus Christ the Son of God is also the True God, if we dont receive this Testimony its to our Eternal Peril !61

Savant

Post #207

Post by 1213 »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:21 am ...
20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This[Son Jesus Christ] is the true God, and eternal life.
Why do you add the "[Son Jesus Christ]" in that? Don't you think Bible would say so, if it is so?

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #208

Post by Runner »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:53 pm Actually, the scriptures state that Jesus was a man:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Isn't God immortal?
Jesus the Holy Spirit did not die, He cannot die. (Romans 8:9-11)(John 14:21-23)

How many "men" do you know that bleed water? (John 19:34) And don't tell me there was anything normal about that as the Bible declares that the Roman Soldier witnessed it happen and told others because he believed what he saw. He routinely stabbed these victims in the heart, through their side, to make sure they were dead. He would've known for certain if this was normal or not. Clearly, it was not.

Jesus is the Rock that flowed living water in the desert. (1 Corinthians 10:4)

Jesus couldn't have been just a man as the Scriptures make plain that man is not capable of being sinless. (1 John 1:8)

Jesus was 100% sinless or He couldn't have been the perfect sacrifice. (Hebrews 4:15)

No mortal man could've accomplished everything that Christ did, and Christ couldn't have done it if He were not God.

The prophet Zephaniah spoke of the day of the Lord's Sacrifice around 700 years prior to Christ's Crucifixion. (Zephaniah 1:8) That references the day that God Almighty would be sacrificed on the Cross.

The Bible is very clear that Jesus was, and IS, God.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #209

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:53 pm Actually, the scriptures state that Jesus was a man:

Isn't God immortal?
Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pm Jesus the Holy Spirit did not die, He cannot die. (Romans 8:9-11)(John 14:21-23)
Jesus was a man, not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit cannot die, Jesus did die His appointed death.
Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pmHow many "men" do you know that bleed water? (John 19:34)
No one "bled water." Here is the correct wording:

John 19:34
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pm Jesus couldn't have been just a man as the Scriptures make plain that man is not capable of being sinless. (1 John 1:8)
One man has accomplished living a sinless life -- thus proving it is possible.
Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pmJesus was 100% sinless or He couldn't have been the perfect sacrifice. (Hebrews 4:15)
Jesus wasn't a sacrifice. Jesus gained an inheritance of everlasting life by living a sinless life under the Old Testament Covenant between God and man. He then offered His inheritance unto all who believe in Him as their Savior under the New Testament Covenant:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pmNo mortal man could've accomplished everything that Christ did, and Christ couldn't have done it if He were not God.
God could not do what Jesus did because God is immortal and cannot die! The Word was made flesh as the man Jesus Christ for the purpose of dying as a human!
Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pm The Bible is very clear that Jesus was, and IS, God.
If so, you have no Savior!

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #210

Post by Runner »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:54 am Jesus was a man, not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit cannot die, Jesus did die His appointed death.
Only Jesus' flesh died. Not His Spirit which is WHO He was and is. John 4:24
No one "bled water." Here is the correct wording:

John 19:34
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
Hmm. Interesting denial of even the very translation you chose to use.

Nokay.
Jesus wasn't a sacrifice.
Sure about that?

"But our High Priest (Jesus) offered Himself to God as a single sacrifice for sins, good for all time. Then He sat down in the place of honor at God's right hand."
Hebrews 10:12

Looks like someone is writing their own Bible again.
The Word was made flesh as the man Jesus Christ for the purpose of dying as a human!
Wow. You got one right.

That's why God came into the flesh to begin with. He had to live a perfect sinless life in a human, flesh, sinful body and die in that perfection in order to break the curse. That is what He did as Jesus Christ.
The Bible is very clear that Jesus was, and IS, God.
If so, you have no Savior!
Again with the very strange logic.

My Savior, and Salvation, status is perfectly intact.

Jesus was 100% man and 100% God. His Spirit was God (John 4:24) and His flesh was man as it came from Mary's human egg and DNA.

Sorry for your inability to understand Scripture. Keep studying and praying. You'll get there.