Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #271

Post by WebersHome »

Gen 28:15 . . Remember, I am with you: I will protect you wherever you go and will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.

Hardly any of those promises were fulfilled in Jacob's lifetime. So how could God say: "I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you"

Well; I think it best to take it that God remained Jacob's provider even in the grave, i.e. when God's people pass away, they don't become dead to Him; whereas when the wicked die, they no longer make any difference; for example:

"As to whether the dead will be raised-- Moses proved this when he wrote about the burning bush. Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, Moses wrote of The Lord as the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. So he is the God of the living, not the dead. They are all alive to him." (Luke 20:37-38)

God has always been with Jacob, and never left him even once-- all these many years; better than three-thousand of them by now. And all this whole time Jacob has lived under God's protection because God promised He would protect Jacob wherever he went; and in order for that promise to be meaningful, it has to include the afterlife. (cf. Ps 139:7-10, Matt 16:18)

Immigration Update: 1,907 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 115,957,042 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #272

Post by WebersHome »

Rom 8:15-16 . . For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out: Abba, Father. The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

That passage tells of a supernatural close encounter of a third kind, so to speak.

Not every Christian undergoes the experience. For example: adherents of Catholicism honestly don't know for sure where they stand with God-- we're talking about something like 1.3 billion people. That number represents a minimum 49% of the world's Christians. It's difficult to tag the number of Protestants because they are so diverse in their beliefs and practices.

* Romans 8:15-16 never happened for Mother Teresa. She complained in private correspondence with spiritual counselors that she felt not the slightest glimmer of the Lord's presence virtually the entire five decades of missionary work in India; leading her to wonder if there really is a God out there; and she sometimes spoke of Jesus as "the absent one".

The Spirit of adoption is supposed to make God's people feel at home; not feel left out. I don't know what went wrong with Teresa but for sure her spiritual condition was not good.

Immigration Update: 1,915 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 116,443,490 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #273

Post by WebersHome »

John 6:38 . . I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me

John 8:29 . . He that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.

John 14:31 . . I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

God is not only Jesus' supervisor, but also his role model. For example: the Father has entrusted all judgment to His son (John 5:22) For that reason, people really ought to be scared of Christ because he intends to go about the business of judging no differently than the fire and brimstone practices of the God of the Old Testament, by whom Jesus has been trained to take the reins.

John 5:19 . . I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 10:30 . . I and my Father are unified.

Isa 11:4-5 . . He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist.

Immigration Update: 1,921 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 116,808,326 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #274

Post by WebersHome »

Heb 12:29 . . For our God is a consuming fire.

That's a quote from Deut 4:24 which, in context, doesn't describe God's physical characteristics, rather, it's a figure of speech illustrating rage: defined by Webster's as violent and uncontrolled anger. It's hard to imagine Christianity's divine patron ticked off to that extent, but there it is.

* A consuming fire is one that cannot be extinguished, i.e. once it gets going, there's no stopping till all that's aflame is utterly destroyed beyond recognition, viz: a conflagration.

Immigration Update: 1,929 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 117,294,774 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #275

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: Does Matt 25:31-46 depict the final judgment?

REPLY: No; rather, it depicts a culling from the herd of Tribulation survivors relative to their treatment of the Jews during a time of unequaled anti-Semitism. If the Jews thought they had it bad in the Holocaust: something worse is yet to come.

Immigration Update: 1,934 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 117,598,804 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #276

Post by WebersHome »

If there is such a thing as soul sleep, I won't know it; here's why:

I've been under anesthesia once for appendicitis, twice for hernias, one for a scalp lump, once for a kidney stone, twice for total knee replacements, once for a colonoscopy, once for lung cancer, and once for an endoscopy.

In none of those procedures was I aware of the passage of time. The very moment I went under was simultaneous with awakening. So if soul sleep is like that, I'll be in Heaven as if I went from here to there in less than a second of time on the clock, i.e. instantaneously. The same can be said for folks on track to face justice, i.e. there will be no delay.

Immigration Update: 1,940 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 117,963,640 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #277

Post by WebersHome »

God has a passion for mercy; but it's not His only passion.

Rom 11:22 . . Behold then the kindness and severity of God

The human condition is so bad, so corrupt, and so hopeless that only the death of God's sole descendant is adequate to rescue everybody from the lake of fire depicted at Rev 20:10-15 where numbers of folks will be terminated with extreme prejudice by a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.

Now, who in their right might mind can look at that scene and not come away with the opinion that it depicts a very cruel and unusual punishment? Why not just put folks down with an injection so that they softly and gently fall asleep never to wake up? Wouldn't that be nicer, more humane? Yes that would be nicer and more humane; but would it satisfy God?

Adam started out in the image of God. So at first, his sense of right and wrong was in agreement with his creator's sense of right and wrong. Then came the forbidden fruit incident when Adam's original sense of right was lost and his conscience became that of a tin god.

Well; that's why many of us cannot appreciate our maker's justice. If we did, we wouldn't be criticizing Him for the way He intends to punish folks. Instead, we'd be cheering Him on; like this:

Rev 16:5-7 . .Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: You are just in these judgments: You who are, and who were; the Holy one, because you have so judged . . .Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments.

* The "Holy one" is none other than God's descendant, i.e. the sweet little babe away in a manger will be presiding at the great white throne event.

John 5:22-23 . . Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

Acts 17:31 . . He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.

Immigration Update: 1,945 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 118,267,670 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #278

Post by WebersHome »

Although many details pertaining to the afterlife are absent in the Old Testament, Moses and the prophets wrote quite a bit about retribution. Torah-trained Jews have always known something frightening is in the works. For example:

Ex 34:6-7 . . Then The Lord passed by in front of Moses and proclaimed: The Lord, The Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in loving-kindness and truth; who keeps loving-kindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished: visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.

Now the big problem with the rich man's brothers per Luke 16:19-31 wasn't related to knowing: their problem was related to hearing-- common among the Jews.

Matt 13:15 . . For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.

The writer to the Hebrews said something like that too in 5:11.

"Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing."

The Greek word for "dull" means lazy, i.e. indifferent. (cf. Heb 6:12)

Immigration Update: 1,950 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 118,571,700 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #279

Post by WebersHome »

You keep saying you've got something for me.
Something you call love, but confess;
You've been a-messin' where you shouldn'ta been a-messin'
And now someone else is gettin' all your best.

These boots are made for walkin'
And that's just what they'll do,
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.
Yeah!

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
Lee Hazlewood
Performed by Nancy Sinatra, 1966

Lee Hazelwood was the singer originally intended to record the song but was persuaded not to because it's harsh, and abusive to women. They suspected it would do poorly on the charts if a man sang it and so recruited Nancy. It was a hit and did very well. I was 22 at the time and working in a napalm bomb factory making munitions for the Viet Nam thingy.

This double standard is rampant in American literature and entertainment where abuse of men by women is considered by many to be normal, whereas abuse of women by men is an outrage

Well; this double standard is doomed to eradication because God doesn't judge on a curve nor is He influenced by one's age, rank, or gender preference.

Deut 10:17 . . Jehovah shows no partiality

Acts 10:34 . .Then Peter began to speak: I now realize how true it is that God is impartial.

Rom 2:5-11 . . For there is coming a day of judgment when God, the just judge of all the world, will judge all people according to what they have done. He will give eternal life to those who persist in doing what is good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers.

. . . But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth; and practice evil deeds. There will be anguish and calamity for everyone who practices evil-- for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all practice good --for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.

* Too many little girls are growing up in my country having no clue what it means to be soft and feminine instead learning to be cruel, self absorbed, demanding little bratz.
[/font]

Immigration Update: 1,956 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 118,936,536 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #280

Post by WebersHome »

Ps 115:17 . .The dead do not praise The Lord, nor do any who go down into silence.

"any who go down into silence" tells us that certain folks might just as well be mute in the afterlife because The Lord no longer lends them His ear; they're permanently cut off from His benevolence, viz: God has no interest whatsoever in either their worship or their prayers, i.e. they are dead to Him; and as far as He's concerned they're like old documents disposed in the shredder because they no longer matter.

* It's conceivable that the outer darkness spoken of in the 8th and 22nd chapters of Matthew is a sort of reiteration of Ps 115:17. In other words: although folks alienated from God are in a darkness of sorts already; He hasn't totally abandoned them yet.

Matt 5:44-45 . . I say, love your enemies. Pray for those who persecute you. In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For He gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and He sends rain on the just and on the unjust, too.

Illustrations for Dante's Inferno by the artist Gustave Doré may not be entirely true, but they sure do a good job of impressing the total and complete absence of God's benevolence in the netherworld.
[/font]

Immigration Update: 1,962 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 119,301,372 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_