Mormon Or Jehovah's Witness?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Mormon Or Jehovah's Witness?

Post #1

Post by SacredBishop »

I can't make up my mind. Should I be a Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness. Both religions sound very reasonable to me, but unfortunately neither are in my city. I would have to move, but first I need to decide which religion is correct.

Joseph Smith or Joseph Rutherford? They were both extremely intelligent men, and certainly well respected by their peers. I know every other Christian denomination is horribly wrong, and full of heresies. Help me decide. Which religion is correct?

I believe the Bible predicted the church would be restored to glory in the 1800s in America. Both religions originated in the 1800s, thus my dilemma.
Last edited by SacredBishop on Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miles
Savant

Re: Mormon Or Jehovah's Witness?

Post #2

Post by Miles »

SacredBishop wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:29 pm I can't make up my mind. Should I be a Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness. Both religions sound very reasonable to me, but unfortunately neither are in my city. I would have to move, but first I need to decide which religion is correct.

Joseph Smith or Joseph Rutherford? They were both extremely intelligent men, and certainly well respected by their peers. I know every other Christian denomination is horribly wrong, and full of heresies. Help me decide. Which religion is correct?

I believe blood transfusions are wrong, but I also believe that Jesus came to America and preached the Gospel. Decisions, decisions ..
Ever consider Scientology?

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by SacredBishop »

Miles wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:23 pm
SacredBishop wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:29 pm I can't make up my mind. Should I be a Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness. Both religions sound very reasonable to me, but unfortunately neither are in my city. I would have to move, but first I need to decide which religion is correct.

I believe blood transfusions are wrong, but I also believe that Jesus came to America and preached the Gospel. Decisions, decisions ..
Ever consider Scientology?

No, I don't believe in science.

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

SacredBishop wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:29 pm
I believe the Bible predicted the church would be restored to glory in the 1800s in America. Both religions originated in the 1800s, thus my dilemma.
Do you know where the Bible did this. I'm not aware of any mention of America or the 1800s.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by SacredBishop »

Tcg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:16 am
Do you know where the Bible did this. I'm not aware of any mention of America or the 1800s.

Tcg
Song of Solomon 8:8 " we have a little sister and she has no breasts." This refers to the statue of Liberty, thus to America.

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

SacredBishop wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:35 am

Tcg
Song of Solomon 8:8 " we have a little sister and she has no breasts." This refers to the statue of Liberty, thus to America.
How about the 1800s. Did Solomon mention them somewhere?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by SacredBishop »

Tcg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:56 am

Tcg

Tcg
The statue was given in the 1800s.

Tcg
Savant

Post #8

Post by Tcg »

SacredBishop wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:24 am
Tcg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:56 am

Tcg

Tcg
The statue was given in the 1800s.
So where does the Bible predict the church would be restored to glory when the Statue of Liberty was given?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Savant

Post #9

Post by 1213 »

SacredBishop wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:29 pm Joseph Smith or Joseph Rutherford? They were both extremely intelligent men, and certainly well respected by their peers. I know every other Christian denomination is horribly wrong, and full of heresies. Help me decide. Which religion is correct?
Why choose them, instead of Jesus? I think Jesus is much better choice and I recommend to be a disciple of Jesus.

brunumb
Savant

Post #10

Post by brunumb »

Tcg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:38 am So where does the Bible predict the church would be restored to glory when the Statue of Liberty was given?
For the life of me I can't see how "we have a little sister and she has no breasts" translates to the Statue of Liberty. And, if one reads the surrounding verses, that interpretation makes even less sense. There must be countless other ways of attributing that phrase. What about Joan of Arc for example?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.