Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Runner
Banned
Banned

JESUS IS GOD ALMIGHTY

Post #1

Post by Runner »

True Christians rest assured that Jesus is God, with Scripture to assure them of that. Sadly, the vast majority of them do not understand that Jesus is not part of a trinity. Jesus is THE God Almighty, the ONE and only God, and this is very easy to prove. Though many will fight tooth and nail to deny this, and will not be convinced no matter how much of the Bible is presented to prove this FACT to them, there are a select few who will hear the voice of Jesus Christ in this Truth and will begin to seek confirmation of this within Scripture.

The verses that will be provided in this OP will be deaf-eared by the majority of those who reply to this thread and will need to be re-posted many times to no avail. Those who have ears to hear will begin, slowly but surely, to incorporate this understanding into their doctrine as pure Scripture will be used well to make this case. If you are one of the few who will hear the Truth of this understanding, take heed of the verses that are provided and look at them very closely in context. I will be happy to discuss this information further with those who are sincere, but I will spend very little time going in circles with those who are clearly offended and only wish to argue.

One of the ways we discover this Truth is through repeating patterns in the Scriptures that give us hints and clues to greater Truths. One of these is the repeated writing with God's finger. We see God Almighty writing with His own finger the 10 Commandments in Exodus 20 and that is confirmed in Exodus 31:18. Next, we see a hand appearing from nowhere in Daniel 5:5 to write upon the wall of King Belshazzar's home when he desecrated the vessels of God's Temple. Lastly, we see Jesus writing with His finger in the sand in John 8:6 & 8. This is not a coincidence, it is a sign from God that Jesus is the same individual who wrote, and created (John 1:1, 14), the 10 Commandments.

Jesus tells us in Luke 24:27 that He was personally involved with all the prophets that ever lived back to the time of Moses. This not only provides pre-existence of Jesus Christ, but it reveals Him as the Holy Spirit which is confirmed by Him in John 14:21-23 and by Paul in Romans 8:9-11. That last passage also indicates that God Almighty is the Spirit as well, and we see that expressed plainly in John 4:24.

There is much, much more to this Truth and we will unfold it further as others respond. God bless.

tam
Savant

Re: JESUS IS GOD ALMIGHTY

Post #11

Post by tam »

Peace to you both, and to you all,
SacredBishop wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:06 pm
Miles wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:27 pm .

So, what is it you wanted to debate, the price of cheese?

Great value cheese is cheaper than Kraft btw. I think he wants to debate if Jesus is " God Almighty ". I would say no, Jesus said he was God's son. Perhaps, Jesus should have said he was God Almighty to avoid any confusion.
If indeed He was God Almighty, yes. But He never taught that about Himself.
Miles wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:20 pm
SacredBishop wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:06 pm
Miles wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:27 pm .

So, what is it you wanted to debate, the price of cheese?

Great value cheese is cheaper than Kraft btw. I think he wants to debate if Jesus is " God Almighty ". I would say no, Jesus said he was God's son. Perhaps, Jesus should have said he was God Almighty to avoid any confusion.
But J.C. did say "I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30) And you can't get much closer than that.

He also prayed that we (who believe in Him) would all be one. Does anyone think that means He was praying for us to be the same being? Or that we would be God Almighty? Of course not.

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.

Christ and God are in us by means of holy spirit (the breath/blood/seed of JAH), the same holy spirit that Christ breathed upon His apostles (John 20:22) and again upon the people at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4), and again upon Cornelius and his household (Acts 10:44-47), to name a few written examples. That is them in us. We are in them by being in and remaining in Christ (and so also in His Father), being in His Body (of which He - Christ - is the Head).

Peace again!
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Miles
Savant

Post #12

Post by Miles »

tam wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:40 pm
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.
Gotta give us a book, chapter, and verse if you truly want a reply.

tam
Savant

Post #13

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Miles wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:12 pm
tam wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:40 pm

Oops sorry. John 17:20-23.

(I don't need a response, unless you want to give one, but there is the reference.)

Peace again.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #14

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: Is Christ a demigod?

REPLY: Demigods are only 50% human; whereas Christ is 100% human.

FAQ: Is the Word a demigod?

REPLY: Demigods are a singularity consisting of 50% human and 50% divine; whereas the Word is a plurality consisting of 100% human and 100% divine; viz: the Word exists simultaneously as an eternal spirit being whose origin is currently unknown, and as a temporal material being whose biological origin is easily traced to David, and from thence to the first Man and the dust from whence he was constructed per Gen 2:7.

* It has been my experience in the past 26 years of internet activity that the average rank and file Christian is unable to discern the difference between the Word and the flesh that the word became in John 1:14, and also unable to comprehend that the Word left his divinity at the door per Phil 2:5-8 when he came into the world as a human being.

John 17:4-5 . .And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

FAQ: Why is Jesus so hard to figure out?

REPLY: No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son; and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. (Matt 11:27)

NOTE: To my knowledge, it isn't necessary to fully comprehend the Word's human/divine characteristics in order to escape the wrath of God. There are actually elements of the Gospel far more important; though I sometimes encounter folks at large who passionately disagree.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Miles
Savant

Post #15

Post by Miles »

tam wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:16 pm

So, we have

20 My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, Irrelevant!

21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. Being in something is not being identical to it.

22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one They being one is a decidedly separate animal from we being one.

23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Again, being in something is not being identical to it.

Which still leaves us with Jesus's declaration of identity in John 10:30. A unique form of identity shared with no other.

30"I and the Father are one.”

tam
Savant

Post #16

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Miles wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:38 pm

So, we have

20 My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, Irrelevant!
Just setting up for who is being spoken about.
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. Being in something is not being identical to it.
Correct. Please note that this second thought is connected to the first thought - that all of them may be one, JUST AS you are in me and I am in you. That - you are in me and I am in you - makes them one.
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one They being one is a decidedly separate animal from we being one.
The two are connected. That they may be one AS we are one.

The point: being one does not mean that the two (or more persons) are the same being. That 'we' are all one does not make us the same human. That God and His Son are one does not make them the same being/same God.
23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Again, being in something is not being identical to it. [/indent]

Which still leaves us with Jesus's declaration of identity in John 10:30. A unique form of identity shared with no other.

If many men being one does not make them the same human; why would God and His Son being one, make them the same being/same God?

Peace again to you.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #17

Post by WebersHome »

John 10:30 . . I and my Father are one.

The Greek word translated "one" shows up in a large number of other places. Some are helpful for understanding what Jesus meant.

For example:

John 17:22 . . And the glory which You gave me I have given them, that they may be one just as we are one.

Rom 12:5 . . So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

1Cor 10:17 . . For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

1Cor 12:12 . . For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1John 5:7 . . For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

I gather from those passages that although the Greek word basically refers to a singularity, it's sometimes employed to speak of unity within a plurality.
_

Miles
Savant

Post #18

Post by Miles »

tam wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:00 pm Peace to you,

So, we have

Correct. Please note that this second thought is connected to the first thought - that all of them may be one, JUST AS you are in me and I am in you. That - you are in me and I am in you - makes them one.
The future imperfect tense of the word "may" does not denote certitude, but merely future possibility.

The point: being one does not mean that the two (or more persons) are the same being. That 'we' are all one does not make us the same human. That God and His Son are one does not make them the same being/same God.
Sorry, but the English language begs to differ. That God and His Son are one makes them exactly that.

23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Again, being in something is not being identical to it. [/indent]

If many men being one does not make them the same human; why would God and His Son being one, make them the same being/same God?
But scripture says no such thing. At most it says "that they may be." (see note above.) Moreover, if was to be a declaration of fact it would be better phrased as "so that they were brought to complete unity."

tam
Savant

Post #19

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Miles wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:20 am
tam wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:00 pm Peace to you,

So, we have

The future imperfect tense of the word "may" does not denote certitude, but merely future possibility.
That is beside the point. Do you think that this means that possibly in the future all believers may be one being? One human?
Sorry, but the English language begs to differ. That God and His Son are one makes them exactly that.
Take the phrase: "We are one in this." Tends to mean that we are one 'in mind' or 'in heart' or 'in purpose' or 'in thoughts', etc. No one saying 'we are one in this' is saying that he and someone else are one person/human/ being. "We are one" never means that we are the same person/being/human.

But scripture says no such thing. At most it says "that they may be." (see note above.)
You're missing the point.

If many men DID become one, would that make them the same human? Is that what you think Christ was praying for? That all believers become one human, one being? If not, why would God and His Son being one, make them the same being/same God?

Peace again to you.

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by Runner »

otseng wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:46 pm
Runner wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:16 am Repent and ask for sight to see the Truth of the Scriptures and not to be again entangled in doctrines that come forth from demons; doctrines that are not found anywhere in God's Word.
Runner wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:05 am Ignorance, and blindness, is bliss.

Until it isn't.
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

Please do not make personal comments or threaten people they are going to hell.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Please do not threaten ME with "Final Warnings."

To be clear, YOU are going to hell!

This is YOUR Final Warning!

YOU and all those who have the profession that you do will burn in hell. You are an internet Shill. You are here to discredit, dissuade, disinform and distract from the Truth.

Unless/until you wholeheartedly repent, you will die in your sins and you will go to HELL.

Make no mistake.