JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1001

Post by SacredBishop »

Let's break it down a bit. God wanted to forgive sinners. God birthed Himself into hunanity, offended them until they killed Him. He rose Himself from the dead and forgives those who offended Him, by means of offending them unto they killed Him. Its perfectly rational. We agree God is rational? Yes, Jesus is God. I see no reason to question any of this.

tam
Savant

Post #1002

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:09 pm
tam wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:56 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:34 pm
tam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:02 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:24 pm
tam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:13 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:50 pm
Runner wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:49 pm are one in purpose, but Jesus was clear at John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus---2major points of truth taught by Jesus--The Father is the only true God, and the only true did not come to earth he sent another. See Jesus says you are wrong.
Jesus is Michael, not God.
No, Jesus is not Michael.

If Jesus is Michael, then Michael is God Almighty. There is just no evidence of that anywhere in Scripture.

Feel free to come discuss this in the thread JESUS IS GOD ALMIGHTY.
viewtopic.php?t=40380

Dan 7:13-15--Someone like a son of man( created)gained access to the ancient of days( Jehovah) and was given a kingship( Jesus)
1Thess 4:16--Upon Jesus return he comes with the voice of the archangel--Does he borrow it from Michael or is it his voice?
He also comes with the trumpet call of God but that does not make Him God.

Michael (the arkangel) announces the return of Christ (the voice of an archangel); the trumpet call announces the return of Christ.

Peace again to you.
You're doing the same thing as people who claim the trinity is true or that Christ is [YHWH]. You are interpreting and reading INTO the text. But the bottom line is that Christ did not teach this. He did not teach that He is Michael the arkangel; He did not teach that He is [YHWH], and He did not teach that He is part of a trinity. The apostles did not teach these things either.

Christ said that He is the Son of God. The Truth. The Way. The Life. The Light (remember that God brought forth the Light). The Amen. The Word of God.

The trumpet announces the ride of the white horse(Rev 6:1)--This is the start of the war in heaven, but notice-he receives his crown, only Jesus gets the crown, yet Michael took that ride--Its the same ride continued at Rev 19:11( Armageddon)-yet Jesus is pictured here.
A - there is no trumpet at Rev 6:1

B - You have overlooked the point. Christ is not God just because he returns with the trumpet call of God. Just as Christ is not an arkangel just because He returns with the voice of an arkangel.

C - Rev 6 does not state that this is the start of the war in heaven.

D - There is nothing in either Rev 6 or 19 that depicts Michael taking a ride of anything.

E - Rev 19:11 clearly depicts Christ, because the Word of God is Christ (with many crowns). It does not depict Michael. When Michael is doing something (such as fighting with his angels against the Adversary and his angels), Michael is clearly stated as being Michael.

Jude speaks of them both in his letter. First he speaks of Christ (using His name), then he later speaks of the arkangel Michael. He does not speak of them as if they are the same person, because they are two different people.

That ride does not end until after Rev 20 is complete. Dan 12:1--It is Michael who stands up for Gods chosen in the last days.

Daniel speaks of Michael as being one of the chief princes. Meaning there is more than one chief prince. Michael is the chief prince that serves God and Christ (the Chosen One of JAH).

Peace again to you.
1Thess 4:16--This is when Jesus returned( not to earth, but to power and glory) Rev 6:1--He receives his crown-- This is called the presence-Matt 24:3-1Cor 15:23-2Pet 1:16
These are just jw doctrines that you are repeating. You did not respond to anything in my post.

1 Thess 4:16 speaks of when Christ returns to the earth. That is why people are spoke of being caught UP to meet Him in the sky.

By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

Look at the words that are bolded and underlined.

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven.

These are directional words. He will DESCEND from heaven. This has nothing to do with a 'return to power and glory'. This is an actual return. First the dead in Him will rise and then all who belong to Him, who are yet alive and remain on the earth, will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

Everything in this verse speaks to His actual return. Nothing in this verse even suggests a 'return to power and glory'.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

His rulership descended from heaven at that point,

No. The verse does not say that His rulership descended from heaven. The verse even EMPHASIZES the FACT that Christ HIMSELF descended from heaven.

Christ HIMSELF.

Not Christ, (but only) his rulership.

Not Christ, (but only) his thoughts.

Christ HIMSELF.

The person.

Peace again.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #1003

Post by kjw47 »

SacredBishop wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:28 pm Let's break it down a bit. God wanted to forgive sinners. God birthed Himself into hunanity, offended them until they killed Him. He rose Himself from the dead and forgives those who offended Him, by means of offending them unto they killed Him. Its perfectly rational. We agree God is rational? Yes, Jesus is God. I see no reason to question any of this.

Jesus didnt teach he was God-John 20:17, Rev 3:12

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #1004

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:33 pm Peace to you,
Runner wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:34 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:49 pm are one in purpose, but Jesus was clear at John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus---2major points of truth taught by Jesus--The Father is the only true God, and the only true did not come to earth he sent another. See Jesus says you are wrong.
Jesus is Michael, not God.
No, Jesus is not Michael.

If Jesus is Michael, then Michael is God Almighty. There is just no evidence of that anywhere in Scripture.

viewtopic.php?t=40380

Dan 7:13-15--Someone like a son of man( created)gained access to the ancient of days( Jehovah) and was given a kingship( Jesus)
1Thess 4:16--Upon Jesus return he comes with the voice of the archangel--Does he borrow it from Michael or is it his voice?

Michael (the arkangel) announces the return of Christ (the voice of an archangel); the trumpet call announces the return of Christ.

Peace again to you.
You're doing the same thing as people who claim the trinity is true or that Christ is [YHWH]. You are interpreting and reading INTO the text. But the bottom line is that Christ did not teach this. He did not teach that He is Michael the arkangel; He did not teach that He is [YHWH], and He did not teach that He is part of a trinity. The apostles did not teach these things either.

Christ said that He is the Son of God. The Truth. The Way. The Life. The Light (remember that God brought forth the Light). The Amen. The Word of God.

The trumpet announces the ride of the white horse(Rev 6:1)--This is the start of the war in heaven, but notice-he receives his crown, only Jesus gets the crown, yet Michael took that ride--Its the same ride continued at Rev 19:11( Armageddon)-yet Jesus is pictured here.

B - You have overlooked the point. Christ is not God just because he returns with the trumpet call of God. Just as Christ is not an arkangel just because He returns with the voice of an arkangel.

D - There is nothing in either Rev 6 or 19 that depicts Michael taking a ride of anything.

E - Rev 19:11 clearly depicts Christ, because the Word of God is Christ (with many crowns). It does not depict Michael. When Michael is doing something (such as fighting with his angels against the Adversary and his angels), Michael is clearly stated as being Michael.

Jude speaks of them both in his letter. First he speaks of Christ (using His name), then he later speaks of the arkangel Michael. He does not speak of them as if they are the same person, because they are two different people.

That ride does not end until after Rev 20 is complete. Dan 12:1--It is Michael who stands up for Gods chosen in the last days.

Daniel speaks of Michael as being one of the chief princes. Meaning there is more than one chief prince. Michael is the chief prince that serves God and Christ (the Chosen One of JAH).

Peace again to you.
1Thess 4:16--This is when Jesus returned( not to earth, but to power and glory) Rev 6:1--He receives his crown-- This is called the presence-Matt 24:3-1Cor 15:23-2Pet 1:16
These are just jw doctrines that you are repeating. You did not respond to anything in my post.

1 Thess 4:16 speaks of when Christ returns to the earth. That is why people are spoke of being caught UP to meet Him in the sky.

By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

These are directional words. He will DESCEND from heaven. This has nothing to do with a 'return to power and glory'. This is an actual return. First the dead in Him will rise and then all who belong to Him, who are yet alive and remain on the earth, will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

Everything in this verse speaks to His actual return. Nothing in this verse even suggests a 'return to power and glory'.

Peace again to you,
tammy

No. The verse does not say that His rulership descended from heaven. The verse even EMPHASIZES the FACT that Christ HIMSELF descended from heaven.

Christ HIMSELF.

Christ HIMSELF.

The person.

Peace again.

It is speaking to the little flock( Luke 12:32) only these are promised heaven. They are numbered=144,000-The anointed=the bride of Christ.
The great crowd is not promised heaven anywhere. Thus that event occurred starting in 1914. When Rev 6 occurred.

tam
Savant

Post #1005

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:32 pm
tam wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:33 pm Peace to you,
Runner wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:34 pm No, Jesus is not Michael.

viewtopic.php?t=40380

Peace again to you.

Peace again to you.

Peace again to you,
tammy

Christ HIMSELF.

Christ HIMSELF.

The person.

Peace again.

It is speaking to the little flock( Luke 12:32) only these are promised heaven. They are numbered=144,000-The anointed=the bride of Christ.
The great crowd is not promised heaven anywhere. Thus that event occurred starting in 1914. When Rev 6 occurred.
You are again completely ignoring the content of my post. The verses you keep using to support your claims DO NOT say what you claim. Therefore, they DO NOT mean what you claim they mean.

Christ Himself will descend from heaven. That is what the verse states - right there in black and white.

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Runner
Banned
Banned

Post #1006

Post by Runner »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:30 pmIt is God who gave Jesus all authority=God who is superior to Jesus= The Father is greater than i. 1Cor 15:24-28--Jesus hands back the kingdom to his God and Father and subjects himself)--this occurs after Rev 20 is done.--God is in subjection to no one.
1. The Father is superior to Jesus only while Jesus was in the flesh; yet the Spirit that animated Christ was the Father. These are spiritual concepts - not easily understood by the human mind. 1 Corinthians 2:14 But True Christians have the mind of Christ as we have the Holy Spirit residing within us. 1 Corinthians 2:16; John 14:21-23

2. Rev. 20 is not an actual, physical, linear, event upon the earth. There is not a single Eschatological (End Times) passage that supports the concept of a Millennium upon the earth after Christ's return. Your 1 Cor. 15 verses prove that - they also show that all is over immediately after Christ's return. No Millennium.

3. When Christ hands the kingdom over to the Father, He is reunited with Him as ONE. John 17:5

God is ONE person. Christ IS God.

There is NO trinity, nor any twinity.

God is ONE person and the Father IS the Son. That's why the Bible tells us we must embrace "The Father AND the Son" because God Almighty IS both of them at the same time. God is omnipresent. Jeremiah 23:24 These things are not difficult for Him. He also exists outside of the time and space that He created so it is no issue for Him to have been there simultaneously while His Spirit animated Christ, the flesh man, upon the earth.

Christ had no earthly human father that procreated Him. There is no possibility that He was a mortal man.

The Son of God IS God. And the Bible bears this out form beginning to end. Christ is the First and the Last, the beginning and the end, King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Rev. 1:8; 19:16; 22:13

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #1007

Post by onewithhim »

Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:49 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:50 am Please answer post #956. If you will, there are Scriptures that show that Jesus is not the Father or God Almighty. When you address that, we can have a further meaningful discussion.
I'm sorry, I don't obey anyone's commands but God Almighty.

Isaiah made crystal clear who Christ would be, almost a thousand years prior to His incarnation, in Isaiah 9:6.

Wrestle against God's Word on that one for a while and then we can have a meaningful conversation.
I can answer your posts, but you refuse to comment on mine. I guess you don't have any answer regarding the verses I presented.

Isaiah 9:6 calls the Messiah "mighty god." This translated from the Hebrew "el gibbhor." That is not "God Almighty." "God Almighty" is translated from "El Shaddai" in the Hebrew. Only Jehovah is "El Shaddai," no one else. So when Jesus is referred to as "mighty god," it is not saying that he is the almighty God. We already know that Jesus is referred to as "a god" at John 1:1, and "god" to the people of John's time meant simply a mighty, important individual. The god was always the Father, Jehovah. (Psalm 83:18, KJV; John 17:3)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1008

Post by onewithhim »

Runner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 pm
kjw47 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:59 pmErrors and twisting what is said leads to your belief--Here is what Jesus said--John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father)THEONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus--2majorpoints here--the Father is the only true God and the only true Godsent another(Jesus) and did not come to earth. It takes believing Jesus over the errors translated in.
The Father IS the only True God.

And Jesus Christ IS that God.

The Father is the only True Savior.

And Jesus Christ IS that Savior.

There's not a naysayer alive that can account for all that is written about Christ in the Bible and make a case, that holds even a single drop of water, that He is just a man. Not one.
How do you account for the Father anointing and sending Jesus, at Isaiah 61:1,2? We have two separate individuals here....Jehovah and the Messiah, Jesus.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1009

Post by onewithhim »

Runner wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:54 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:49 pmYou will find out different. The Israelites-NEVER served a trinity God, because God is not a trinity. They served the true God.
You'll have to produce a post from me, from anywhere on this entire site, that shows me arguing in favor of a trinity before we can move forward.

See ya.
We can't really "move forward" when you refuse to comment on the OP verses.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1010

Post by onewithhim »

Runner wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:10 pm
tam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:09 pmChrist said that He is the SON OF God.

People keep trying to make Him someone other than who He claimed.
Christ claimed to be God many times, many ways.

And the Bible reveals Him as God many times, many ways.
Not so. You cannot see that Jehovah, the only true God, speaks TO the Messiah at Psalm 110. They are two separate individuals. How do you answer that?

Jesus did not claim to be God. In fact, he said clearly that he claimed to be GOD'S SON. (John 10:36)