Does the USA need to STOP supporting ISRAEL NOW-?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Does the USA need to STOP supporting ISRAEL NOW-?

Post #1

Post by thomasdixon »

The USA has looked the other way while Israelis murder Palestinian children

The USA has looked the other way while Israelis destroy Palestinian fishing boats.

The USA has looked the other way while Israelis murder American citizens.

The USA has looked the other way while Israelis destroy Palestinian villages and then build illegally on top of the rubble.

28 Dec 2022
Benjamin Netanyahu’s incoming hardline government put West Bank settlement expansion at the top of its list of priorities on Wednesday, vowing to legalise dozens of illegally built outposts and annex the occupied territory as part of its coalition deal with its ultranational allies.
Netanyahu government makes West Bank settlement expansion its priority

We, as Americans, including American Jews must band together and demand that we, citizens of America STOP giving Israel money.
We must make our voices heard in Congress and directly to Biden.

Israel should be designated a terrorist state-?

opinions welcome yes/no/why
8-)

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Does the USA need to STOP supporting ISRAEL NOW-?

Post #21

Post by Purple Knight »

I submit myself for a warning as well. I suggested the same thing, that the Israel lobby has unreasonable power. That's just as antisemitic as what Davado said.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #22

Post by oldbadger »

Purple Knight wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:38 pm I submit myself for a warning as well. I suggested the same thing, that the Israel lobby has unreasonable power. That's just as antisemitic as what Davado said.
You are mixing up anti zionism with anti Semitism, I think.
You might need to learn how to separate those two .....?

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #23

Post by Purple Knight »

oldbadger wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:45 am
Purple Knight wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:38 pm I submit myself for a warning as well. I suggested the same thing, that the Israel lobby has unreasonable power. That's just as antisemitic as what Davado said.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/ ... i-semitism
In that speech, you said, “To those who still cling to the idea that anti-Zionism is not anti-Semitism, let me clarify this for you as clearly as I can—anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism. I will repeat: Anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism.” How are you using the term “anti-Zionism”?

Well, it’s not my term per se. It’s a philosophy of negation. It’s an idea that is based upon negating Zionism, and Zionism is the right of Jewish people to self-determination in their ancestral homeland. This right of self-determination, that many in the anti-Zionist camp want for Palestinians or would want for other peoples, they would deny to Jewish people. Unless you don’t believe in nationalism as a concept and unless you support denying the legitimacy of any national project from France to Ukraine, if you hold the idea that Zionism is the only form of nationalism that’s wrong, that’s discriminating against Jewish people. That’s the anti-Semitism.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #24

Post by oldbadger »

Purple Knight wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:47 pm
https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/ ... i-semitism
In that speech, you said, “To those who still cling to the idea that anti-Zionism is not anti-Semitism, let me clarify this for you as clearly as I can—anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism. I will repeat: Anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism.” How are you using the term “anti-Zionism”?

Well, it’s not my term per se. It’s a philosophy of negation. It’s an idea that is based upon negating Zionism, and Zionism is the right of Jewish people to self-determination in their ancestral homeland. This right of self-determination, that many in the anti-Zionist camp want for Palestinians or would want for other peoples, they would deny to Jewish people. Unless you don’t believe in nationalism as a concept and unless you support denying the legitimacy of any national project from France to Ukraine, if you hold the idea that Zionism is the only form of nationalism that’s wrong, that’s discriminating against Jewish people. That’s the anti-Semitism.
If you believe what Isaac wrote for the New Yorker then you do.
For several decades the governments of Israel have been rather harsh towards the Muslims living in that land, and at present the very right wing government is disgracing itself, imo.
The Catholics of Northern Ireland have long seen their position as not dissimilar to that of the Muslims in srael, especially on the Gaza Strip, and 20 years ago I photographed street Murals in Belfast showing IRA warriors saluting Hamas Warriors.

You'll know the difference in, say, a conversation about the Nazi Holocaust, or about racism towards Jewish people, that is antiSEmitism imo.
Speaking out against some of Israel's policies is quite another.......

So I would chuck the New Yorker article in the bin.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #25

Post by Purple Knight »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:47 amSo I would chuck the New Yorker article in the bin.
I would too. And I don't like Israel's behaviour toward Muslims and/or Pakistanis either. But I don't get to decide what counts as antisemitism.

I would also have Osteng believe the New Yorker over us. They have more expertise.

I don't think it's fundamentally logically impossible for something to be flat-out true and also antisemitic.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #26

Post by oldbadger »

Purple Knight wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:10 pm
oldbadger wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:47 amSo I would chuck the New Yorker article in the bin.
I would too. And I don't like Israel's behaviour toward Muslims and/or Pakistanis either. But I don't get to decide what counts as antisemitism.

I would also have Osteng believe the New Yorker over us. They have more expertise.

I don't think it's fundamentally logically impossible for something to be flat-out true and also antisemitic.
On many forums to publicly question the moderators is against rules.
That moderated member's posts were outrageous imo.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #27

Post by Purple Knight »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:14 amOn many forums to publicly question the moderators is against rules.
That moderated member's posts were outrageous imo.
I agree with you. The thing is, how do I know my posts weren't equally outrageous?

I have to question when I might have some kind of privilege. The person being treated unfairly better has the duty to fight for the person being treated unfairly worse. Of course from my perspective I'm innocent. That's human nature. That's bias. I have to ignore that.

Donray
Guru

Post #28

Post by Donray »

When is Palestine going to stop arming children? If a 15 year is pointing a gun at me they would get shot. So children getting killed is Palestine's fault. Stop arming children.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/pales ... y=relevant

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by thomasdixon »

so true, oh so true
8-)

oldbadger
Guru

Post #30

Post by oldbadger »

thomasdixon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:04 pm
so true, oh so true
8-)
For sure. When thousands and thousands of Israeli citizens are demonstrating against the policies of the Israeli government we can be sure that these people are neither Anti-Zionist nor Anti-Semitist. And Muslim citizens of Israel don't much like the way that they are being treated either.