Abraham’s Visitors

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

Abraham’s Visitors

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

An Interlinear will show that YHWH was one of three who paid a visit to Abraham. YHWH came to earth as a man. He and the other visitors ate food as any human would do. It was YHWH who Abraham repeatedly asked if there were any righteous men in Sodom would He still destroy it?

If we can believe that YHWH came to earth in the form of a human being, ate and spoke as a man with Abraham, how is it some refuse to believe YHWH came to earth as a man called Jesus?
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Abraham’s Visitors

Post #61

Post by JoeyKnothead »

"Naw, Christian, it's this..."

"Naw, other Christian, it's that..."

"Naw, y'all two Christians, it's the other..."

God can't even get Christians to agree, how the heck is he gonna blame me for not believing anything the bible has to allow?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

MissKate13
Sage

Post #62

Post by MissKate13 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:58 pm
MissKate13 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:24 pm If and when you choose to answer my questions, I’ll be happy to readdress your question about seeing God face to face.
MissKate13 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:44 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #55]

Did Jehovah appear to Abraham? YES!

Did Jehovah appear to Abraham in the form of a man? YES!

Was it an angel who appeared to Abraham! No! [...]

Case closed.
Well I you kept your word by readdressing the questions. The five words are much appreciated.

Be well,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS

To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

ANGELS, "SEEING" GOD and ...THE TRINITY DEBUNKED
Your response makes no sense!

Do you believe all things are possible with Jehovah? The Scriptures say they are. Wouldn’t that include Jehovah appearing to Abraham in the form of a man? That is exactly what happened. You cannot deny what the Scriptures say!

You asked where I came up with the idea that Jehovah appeared to Abraham as a man. It comes from Genesis 18. Read for yourself.

Then the LORD (YHWH) appeared to Abraham by the Oaks of Mamre in the heat of the day, while he was sitting at the entrance of his tent. 2 And Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. (Gen. 1:1-2 Emphasis Mine)

Meanwhile, Abraham ran to the herd, selected a tender and choice calf, and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare it. 8Then Abraham brought curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, and he set them before the men and stood by them under the tree as they ate.” (Genesis 18:7-8)

When the men got up to leave, they looked out over Sodom, and Abraham walked along with them to see them off. (Genesis 18:16)

And the two men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD (YHWH).” (Genesis 18:22 Emphasis Mine)

YHWH was one of the three men.

CASE CLOSED. Abraham saw YHWH, who was in the form of a man. He did not see the face of YHWH. He saw the face of A MAN, who was YHWH. BIG DIFFERENCE!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #63

Post by JehovahsWitness »

MissKate13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:43 am Your response makes no sense!
I have answered your questions and addressed the issued here raised as clearly as I know how. You evidently have nothing new to add and nothing is gained by continuously repeating the same points over and over.

I invite you to reread the explanation provided.

JW

Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

MissKate13
Sage

Post #64

Post by MissKate13 »

MissKate13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:43 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:58 pm
MissKate13 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:24 pm If and when you choose to answer my questions, I’ll be happy to readdress your question about seeing God face to face.
MissKate13 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:44 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #55]

Did Jehovah appear to Abraham? YES!

Did Jehovah appear to Abraham in the form of a man? YES!

Was it an angel who appeared to Abraham! No! [...]

Case closed.
Well I you kept your word by readdressing the questions. The five words are much appreciated.

Be well,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS

Your response makes no sense!

Do you believe all things are possible with Jehovah? The Scriptures say they are. Wouldn’t that include Jehovah appearing to Abraham in the form of a man? That is exactly what happened. You cannot deny what the Scriptures say!

You asked where I came up with the idea that Jehovah appeared to Abraham as a man. It comes from Genesis 18. Read for yourself.

Then the LORD (YHWH) appeared to Abraham by the Oaks of Mamre in the heat of the day, while he was sitting at the entrance of his tent. 2 And Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. (Gen. 1:1-2 Emphasis Mine)

Meanwhile, Abraham ran to the herd, selected a tender and choice calf, and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare it. 8Then Abraham brought curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, and he set them before the men and stood by them under the tree as they ate.” (Genesis 18:7-8)

When the men got up to leave, they looked out over Sodom, and Abraham walked along with them to see them off. (Genesis 18:16)

And the two men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD (YHWH).” (Genesis 18:22 Emphasis Mine)

YHWH was one of the three men.

CASE CLOSED. Abraham saw YHWH, who was in the form of a man. He did not see the face of YHWH. He saw the face of A MAN, who was YHWH. BIG DIFFERENCE!
I have read your Watchtower explanation.

Your argument is that man cannot look upon the face of YHWH and live. I agree with you.

I have, however, proven that Abraham was looking at the face of A MAN, who was YHWH. Can you not see the difference?

You simply refuse to acknowledge what the Scriptures actually say. Your heart is hardened against them. It’s like Jesus said,

Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.’ (Matthew 13:13-15)

I’ve shown you the very words of God. You reject them. There’s nothing more I can do for you, except pray.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #65

MissKate13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:20 pm ... There’s nothing more I can do for you, except pray.
Excellent choice, I do believe there is a scripture in the bible where Jesus advised to pray privately without drawing attention to oneself.

Have an excellent and love filled evening,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

MissKate13
Sage

Post #66

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #61]

They disagree because one refuses to acknowledge what the Scriptures as a whole say. Instead they cherry pick a verse here and a verse there. But when two people are completely honest and look at the Scriptures in context and look at the whole counsel of God, they will agree.

Consider also that no one likes admitting they are wrong, even in the face of overwhelming evidence such as I provided Jehovah’s Witness with. There is much at stake for people like JW to admit they’re wrong. They could be disfellowshipped, which for some means their family and close friends will have nothing to do with them. It takes a very strong person to say they are wrong. Think about it!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #67

neverknewyou wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:54 pm

Physics 101

The bible is primarily a book of faith not physics. Thats not to say its "anti-science" but that its primary focus is on spiritual matters.

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #68

Post by MissKate13 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:24 pm
MissKate13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:20 pm ... There’s nothing more I can do for you, except pray.
Excellent choice, I do believe there is a scripture in the bible where Jesus advised to pray privately without drawing attention to oneself.

Have an excellent and love filled evening,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
We are to pray for one another. We are to do so privately and publicly. When the congregation I worship with assembles, we pray not only for the physical well being of loved ones, but the spiritually ill as well.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #69

SacredBishop wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:50 pm

Well Jehovah watched everything from His throne. The talking snake, the flood, and even the composition of the books you mentioned: Matthew, Mark, and John. Why don't you believe Jehovah sent Jesus to chat with Abraham? ...

It could have been. There is no direct reference that it was so but he (Jesus) is called "The Word" so its a distinct possibility.

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

JESUS CHRIST, CONCEPTION & BIRTH and ... HUMAN EXPERIENCE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #70

Post by JoeyKnothead »

MissKate13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:31 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #61]
They disagree because one refuses to acknowledge what the Scriptures as a whole say. Instead they cherry pick a verse here and a verse there. But when two people are completely honest and look at the Scriptures in context and look at the whole counsel of God, they will agree.

Consider also that no one likes admitting they are wrong, even in the face of overwhelming evidence such as I provided Jehovah’s Witness with. There is much at stake for people like JW to admit they’re wrong. They could be disfellowshipped, which for some means their family and close friends will have nothing to do with them. It takes a very strong person to say they are wrong. Think about it!
Meh. All I see is theology through the lens of individual interpretation.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin