Is God evil?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Is God evil?

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

There are many verses in the Bible about God's predestination. https://www.openbible.info/topics/predestination Why would a good God predestine anyone to do evil? Surely, a good God would predestine all to do good? Does the existence of evil prove that God is evil? Surely, a good God would have made all living things to be autotrophs instead of making some autotrophs, some herbivores, some carnivores, some omnivores, and some parasites? Here are some examples of evil events which caused or are causing suffering, deaths, and injustices:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinction_events
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_n ... death_toll
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... death_toll
https://thevegancalculator.com/animal-slaughter

brunumb
Savant

Re: Is God evil?

Post #171

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:02 pm
brunumb wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:58 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:10 pm He gave all free will. One must choose out of love and respect for him to listen and apply his advice. Which benefits those who do that.
How does one choose to love a being that one does not believe exists?

Why bother speaking in a sight like this if you do not believe he exists. Just to be a terrorist?
Why can't you demonstrate the truth of what you claim on a debate site like this?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

otseng
Savant

Post #172

Post by otseng »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:02 pmJust to be a terrorist?

Moderator Comment

Please do not accuse anyone of being a terrorist.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #173

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Delete post because the post needs it deleting.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #174

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:58 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:10 pm He gave all free will. One must choose out of love and respect for him to listen and apply his advice. Which benefits those who do that.

Why bother speaking in a sight like this if you do not believe he exists. Just to be a terrorist?
Why can't you demonstrate the truth of what you claim on a debate site like this?

No matter what truth is shown to you, you automatically reject it. Its not me its you.

brunumb
Savant

Post #175

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:00 pm No matter what truth is shown to you, you automatically reject it. Its not me its you.
That is not correct. Anyone can make claims, but they are worthless if their truth cannot be demonstrated. Think of all the claims made by other religions, or even different sects within your own, that you automatically reject.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Tcg
Savant

Post #176

Post by Tcg »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:00 pm

No matter what truth is shown to you, you automatically reject it. Its not me its you.
One has to wonder then about the validity of the "truth" you are presenting.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #177

Post by JoeyKnothead »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:00 pm No matter what truth is shown to you, you automatically reject it. Its not me its you.
Disregarding the poorly seasoned hominy, you're kinda right, considering...

Given your record of not being able to show you speak truth, I do "automatically reject" your claims.

At least until the seas part, and you actually put truth to em. I just don't hold my breath waiting for ya try.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Savant

Post #178

Post by 1213 »

Compassionist wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:22 am
Athetotheist wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:18 am
Compassionist wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:33 am It's possible naive realism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Na%C3%AFve_realism is correct. I live my life as if it is correct. What do you think?
"According to the naïve realist, the objects of perception are not representations of external objects, but are in fact those external objects themselves."

That's why some people believe that the earth is flat.
The people who believe that the Earth is flat ignore direct perceptions of the curvature of the Earth from high up on a skyscraper or a mountain or a plane or a helicopter. Also, they ignore the direct perception that the mast of a ship appears as a tiny dot across the horizon and gradually gets taller as the ship gets closer to the port. This happens due to the curvature of the Earth.
I don't claim earth is not a sphere, but that curvature would be visible also on flat square surface, if it is wide enough.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #179

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:14 pm
That is not correct. Anyone can make claims, but they are worthless if their truth cannot be demonstrated. Think of all the claims made by other religions, or even different sects within your own, that you automatically reject.

Archeologists have proven many words of the bible is truth.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #180

Post by kjw47 »

Tcg wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:48 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:00 pm

One has to wonder then about the validity of the "truth" you are presenting.

Tcg

I know 100% its truth.