Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Runner
Banned
Banned

JESUS IS GOD ALMIGHTY

Post #1

Post by Runner »

True Christians rest assured that Jesus is God, with Scripture to assure them of that. Sadly, the vast majority of them do not understand that Jesus is not part of a trinity. Jesus is THE God Almighty, the ONE and only God, and this is very easy to prove. Though many will fight tooth and nail to deny this, and will not be convinced no matter how much of the Bible is presented to prove this FACT to them, there are a select few who will hear the voice of Jesus Christ in this Truth and will begin to seek confirmation of this within Scripture.

The verses that will be provided in this OP will be deaf-eared by the majority of those who reply to this thread and will need to be re-posted many times to no avail. Those who have ears to hear will begin, slowly but surely, to incorporate this understanding into their doctrine as pure Scripture will be used well to make this case. If you are one of the few who will hear the Truth of this understanding, take heed of the verses that are provided and look at them very closely in context. I will be happy to discuss this information further with those who are sincere, but I will spend very little time going in circles with those who are clearly offended and only wish to argue.

One of the ways we discover this Truth is through repeating patterns in the Scriptures that give us hints and clues to greater Truths. One of these is the repeated writing with God's finger. We see God Almighty writing with His own finger the 10 Commandments in Exodus 20 and that is confirmed in Exodus 31:18. Next, we see a hand appearing from nowhere in Daniel 5:5 to write upon the wall of King Belshazzar's home when he desecrated the vessels of God's Temple. Lastly, we see Jesus writing with His finger in the sand in John 8:6 & 8. This is not a coincidence, it is a sign from God that Jesus is the same individual who wrote, and created (John 1:1, 14), the 10 Commandments.

Jesus tells us in Luke 24:27 that He was personally involved with all the prophets that ever lived back to the time of Moses. This not only provides pre-existence of Jesus Christ, but it reveals Him as the Holy Spirit which is confirmed by Him in John 14:21-23 and by Paul in Romans 8:9-11. That last passage also indicates that God Almighty is the Spirit as well, and we see that expressed plainly in John 4:24.

There is much, much more to this Truth and we will unfold it further as others respond. God bless.

tam
Savant

Re: JESUS IS GOD ALMIGHTY

Post #31

Post by tam »

[Replying to Miles in post #30]

One what, Miles? Because it does not make sense to suggest that two people are one person. You also did not answer the question I asked about the prayer for all believers to be one - because that is evidence about the grammatical meaning of the phrase 'be one', that it has been and can be used to refer to more than one person. But other than the rest of the examples and reasoning provided in the previous post, I don't know how to explain it to you any more than has already been done. So I must leave it as it stands.

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Miles
Savant

Post #32

Post by Miles »

tam wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:41 am [Replying to Miles in post #30]

One what, Miles?
One and the same, of course.

Have a good day.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #33

Post by WebersHome »

Some of the Bible is very difficult for critical thinkers to accept. For example: the world-wide deluge, a.k.a. Noah's Flood.

Even more difficult for them to accept is that the Word of John 1:1-3 currently exists simultaneously as an eternal spirit being whose origin is unknown and as a temporal material being whose origin is easily shown to be Adam and the dust from whence Adam was constructed. Even quite a few Christians have difficulty with that one
_

Miles
Savant

Post #34

Post by Miles »

WebersHome wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:48 am Some of the Bible is very difficult for critical thinkers to accept. For example: the world-wide deluge, a.k.a. Noah's Flood.
You're darn tootin'. Especially because it flies in the face of common sense, all of history, and science.
Even more difficult for them to accept is that the Word of John 1:1-3 currently exists simultaneously as an eternal spirit being whose origin is unknown and as a temporal material being whose origin is easily shown to be Adam and the dust from whence Adam was constructed.
Probably because there's no supporting evidence that this is what it is. However, if you believe you have such evidence please pass it along. We all await.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #35

Post by WebersHome »

Miles wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:37 pmit flies in the face of all of history
Noah and his kin were the only surviving eye witnesses. Everybody else died.

Miles wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:37 pmit flies in the face of common sense
That's pretty much how the flat-earth folks feel about airplanes landing on a sphere rotating 1,040 mph at the equator.

Miles wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:37 pmit flies in the face of science.
One of the difficulties associated with the Flood was its brevity; it lasted scarcely a year from start to finish. And the water was basically a standing lake rather than a river so any erosion it might've caused would've been minimal.

Also, the water wasn't drained off, it was pulled off as if by millions of vacuum cleaners working simultaneously all over the globe; so there again the water had little opportunity to move with sufficient force to cause appreciable tell-tale erosion.

I think it's possible the Flood left behind a large deposit of silt, but over time much of that would've washed into the sea and whatever remained absorbed into the ground as soil.

Seeing as how the Flood's waters were introduced rather than indigenous, then the added mass to the Earth's gravitational weight should've caused its orbit to decay a bit. But we're only talking about a year from start to finish so when the water was sufficiently drawn off, the good Earth would've bounced back to its original position.

* Many of the Flood's critics fail to take into account that it was a miracle; which by definition is contrary to nature.

Miles wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:37 pm"Even more difficult for them to accept is that the Word of John 1:1-3 currently exists simultaneously as an eternal spirit being whose origin is unknown and as a temporal material being whose origin is easily shown to be Adam and the dust from whence Adam was constructed."

Probably because there's no supporting evidence that this is what it is. However, if you believe you have such evidence please pass it along.
Faith is believin' what you know ain't so.
Mark Twain
_

Miles
Savant

Post #36

Post by Miles »

WebersHome wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:18 pm
"Even more difficult for them to accept is that the Word of John 1:1-3 currently exists simultaneously as an eternal spirit being whose origin is unknown and as a temporal material being whose origin is easily shown to be Adam and the dust from whence Adam was constructed."
Miles wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:37 pmProbably because there's no supporting evidence that this is what it is. However, if you believe you have such evidence please pass it along.[
Evidence, man. . . . . E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E ! Where's your evidence?

WebersHome
Guru

Post #37

Post by WebersHome »

In my judicious estimation; the complexities of the cosmos-- all its forms of life, matter, and energy --is sufficient evidence to prove that we are the result of intelligent design.

Now, that which I consider sufficient evidence for the existence of a supreme being is considered by others as a flight of fancy; and yet thus far not one of the best and brightest among those others has been able to come up with a sensible explanation as to why anything exists at all instead of nothing at all.
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #38

Post by Athetotheist »

WebersHome wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:19 am .
In my judicious estimation; the complexities of the cosmos-- all its forms of life, matter, and energy --is sufficient evidence to prove that we are the result of intelligent design.

Now, that which I consider sufficient evidence for the existence of a supreme being is considered by others as a flight of fancy; and yet thus far not one of the best and brightest among those others has been able to come up with a sensible explanation as to why anything exists at all instead of nothing at all.
_
I agree with your last point, but I still don't consider "intelligent design" the best argument for a creator. It's too "creationist" for my liking. I find a creator who utilizes evolutionary processes more realistic.