Is God evil?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Is God evil?

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

There are many verses in the Bible about God's predestination. https://www.openbible.info/topics/predestination Why would a good God predestine anyone to do evil? Surely, a good God would predestine all to do good? Does the existence of evil prove that God is evil? Surely, a good God would have made all living things to be autotrophs instead of making some autotrophs, some herbivores, some carnivores, some omnivores, and some parasites? Here are some examples of evil events which caused or are causing suffering, deaths, and injustices:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinction_events
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_n ... death_toll
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... death_toll
https://thevegancalculator.com/animal-slaughter

brunumb
Savant

Re: Is God evil?

Post #181

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:52 pm
brunumb wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:14 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:00 pm No matter what truth is shown to you, you automatically reject it. Its not me its you.
That is not correct. Anyone can make claims, but they are worthless if their truth cannot be demonstrated. Think of all the claims made by other religions, or even different sects within your own, that you automatically reject.

Archeologists have proven many words of the bible is truth.
Open just about any work of fiction set in the real world and you will find many words of truth. No archaeologists necessary. So, what have you archaeologists found that demonstrates the truth of the extraordinary claims in the Bible? How about a magic basket that can hold enough bread and fish to feed thousands?

You never addressed the issue of automatically rejecting the claims made by other religions, or even different sects within your own. Very telling.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

brunumb
Savant

Post #182

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:53 pm I know 100% its truth.
How would you respond if I claimed that I know 100% it's false?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #183

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:48 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:00 pm No matter what truth is shown to you, you automatically reject it. Its not me its you.
That is not correct. Anyone can make claims, but they are worthless if their truth cannot be demonstrated. Think of all the claims made by other religions, or even different sects within your own, that you automatically reject.

Open just about any work of fiction set in the real world and you will find many words of truth. No archaeologists necessary. So, what have you archaeologists found that demonstrates the truth of the extraordinary claims in the Bible? How about a magic basket that can hold enough bread and fish to feed thousands?

You never addressed the issue of automatically rejecting the claims made by other religions, or even different sects within your own. Very telling.

I merely plant seeds. God waters the seeds in good hearts.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #184

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:53 pm

I know 100% you are in error. And will learn the hard way. Its why i am here, to try and prevent that scenario from being a reality.

brunumb
Savant

Post #185

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:00 pm

You're on a debate site. Support your arguments.

brunumb
Savant

Post #186

Post by brunumb »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:01 pm

I know 100% you are in error. And will learn the hard way. Its why i am here, to try and prevent that scenario from being a reality.
It would appear that you are completely unable to demonstrate the truth of your claims and failing in your endeavor.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #187

Post by JoeyKnothead »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:00 pm I merely plant seeds. God waters the seeds in good hearts.
Implies those who reject your unfounded claims have less than honorable intent.

As it exposes you to em thinking it's you that suffers the condition.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #188

Post by JoeyKnothead »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:01 pm

Never fails to amuse me when a theist carries on about reality.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #189

Post by kjw47 »

brunumb wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:10 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:00 pm

You're on a debate site. Support your arguments.

Its you debating against facts. I share facts.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #190

Post by kjw47 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:28 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:00 pm I merely plant seeds. God waters the seeds in good hearts.
Implies those who reject your unfounded claims have less than honorable intent.

As it exposes you to em thinking it's you that suffers the condition.

The majority of mortals have a form of love. Those in Noahs day did as well. It was unacceptable to Gods view. Even Hitler loved his family and friends. The new covenant Jesus brought says that same love must be given to ones enemies as well. Not such an easy accomplishment since pride gets in the way of most who have premeditated return evil for evil in their hearts.