Abraham’s Visitors

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

Abraham’s Visitors

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

An Interlinear will show that YHWH was one of three who paid a visit to Abraham. YHWH came to earth as a man. He and the other visitors ate food as any human would do. It was YHWH who Abraham repeatedly asked if there were any righteous men in Sodom would He still destroy it?

If we can believe that YHWH came to earth in the form of a human being, ate and spoke as a man with Abraham, how is it some refuse to believe YHWH came to earth as a man called Jesus?
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

PolytheistWitch
Student

Re: Abraham’s Visitors

Post #71

Post by PolytheistWitch »

[Replying to MissKate13 in post #60]

Not at all. Perfectly happy.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #72

Post by JoeyKnothead »

MissKate13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:10 am Do you really believe that our all powerful Jehovah is incapable of coming to earth in the form of a human being? Do you think He can’t be in two places or more at one time?
PolytheistWitch wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:28 am
Yes. I don't believe your Jehovah is all powerful. And he certainly can't incarnate as a man on Earth.
Sad
What's sad is your pious pity.

Why not just show us all how we can confirm the claim is truth, instead of the Christianodile tears?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

otseng
Savant

Post #73

Post by otseng »

[Replying to MissKate13 in post #60]

9. No unconstructive one-liners posts are allowed in debates.

Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the Thank button. For anything else use PM.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #74

Post by MissKate13 »

otseng wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:18 am [Replying to MissKate13 in post #60]

9. No unconstructive one-liners posts are allowed in debates.

Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the Thank button. For anything else use PM.
Thank you! My error. It won’t happen again. I apologize!

MissKate13
Sage

Post #75

Post by MissKate13 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:31 am
MissKate13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:10 am Do you really believe that our all powerful Jehovah is incapable of coming to earth in the form of a human being? Do you think He can’t be in two places or more at one time?
PolytheistWitch wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:28 am
Yes. I don't believe your Jehovah is all powerful. And he certainly can't incarnate as a man on Earth.
Sad
What's sad is your pious pity.

Why not just show us all how we can confirm the claim is truth, instead of the Christianodile tears?
I believe I have shown with Scripture that YHWH appeared to Abraham. I proved it to be truth. YHWH was one of the three visitors (who just happened to be described as men) according to the Bible. I can show you if you’re interested.

You are free to reject the Scriptures just as I am free to accept them. As someone who wholeheartedly believes the Bible to be the actual words of God, it is my duty as a Christian to share God’s truth.

I apologize for offending you, but because I love Jesus more than words can say, I may at times write something out of anger. I have to work very hard at not offending people on the forum, but every now and then, I slip. Please accept my apology.

Be blessed,
Kate

MissKate13
Sage

Post #76

Post by MissKate13 »

PolytheistWitch wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:52 pm [Replying to MissKate13 in post #60]

Not at all. Perfectly happy.
That’s great! I do wonder, however, why you would waste your time on debating Christianity if you’re not a believer in God. What exactly do you believe?

By the way, if I offended you, I humbly and sincerely apologize. My goal is not to hurt people.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #77

Post by MissKate13 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:13 pm
MissKate13 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:31 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #61]
They disagree because one refuses to acknowledge what the Scriptures as a whole say. Instead they cherry pick a verse here and a verse there. But when two people are completely honest and look at the Scriptures in context and look at the whole counsel of God, they will agree.

Consider also that no one likes admitting they are wrong, even in the face of overwhelming evidence such as I provided Jehovah’s Witness with. There is much at stake for people like JW to admit they’re wrong. They could be disfellowshipped, which for some means their family and close friends will have nothing to do with them. It takes a very strong person to say they are wrong. Think about it!
Meh. All I see is theology through the lens of individual interpretation.
I believe you would see it differently if we sat face to face with Bibles in hand.

PolytheistWitch
Student

Post #78

Post by PolytheistWitch »

[Replying to MissKate13 in post #76]
That’s great! I do wonder, however, why you would waste your time on debating Christianity if you’re not a believer in God. What exactly do you believe?
Same reason atheists do. I also believe Christians are very misguided on who Christ was and how to live like a Christian. I believe the Bible is a tool that was designed to beat people into submission instead of the true message of Christ. I'm exactly what my name says I am a polytheist, I believe all the gods are distinct and individual beings. I believe Jesus as well as some other teachers or what we call ascended masters. I'm an animist and specifically a Heathen and Spiritualist. And it's hard for us to find any place where you can discuss religious topics without it always being about Christianity.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #79

Post by MissKate13 »

PolytheistWitch wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:02 pm [Replying to MissKate13 in post #76]
Same reason atheists do. I also believe Christians are very misguided on who Christ was and how to live like a Christian. I believe the Bible is a tool that was designed to beat people into submission instead of the true message of Christ. I'm exactly what my name says I am a polytheist, I believe all the gods are distinct and individual beings. I believe Jesus as well as some other teachers or what we call ascended masters. I'm an animist and specifically a Heathen and Spiritualist. And it's hard for us to find any place where you can discuss religious topics without it always being about Christianity.
Thank you for your explanation. I wish you well!