Temporary Sin Bearer Or Eternal Sin Bearer

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SacredBishop
Apprentice

Temporary Sin Bearer Or Eternal Sin Bearer

Post #1

Post by SacredBishop »

If Jesus bore the sins of humanity, why does his death absolve him of bearing them still? Shouldn't he bear them for always? A perpetual burden for perpetual redemption? Did his resurrection free him from absorbing sin into himself, or did his death? If his death is the merit of redemption, then he should stay dead for always. A perpetual death for perpetual redemption. If his life was the means to bear sin, then he should never have died, a perpetual continuity of bearing sin. If his resurrection enables him to continually bear sin, then back we go.

brunumb
Savant

Re: Temporary Sin Bearer Or Eternal Sin Bearer

Post #11

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:52 pm
brunumb wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:38 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:17 pm Sin is not like a suitcase, you have to carry around or send back; its more like a mortage, once you pay it off, its gone.
Jesus paid for our sins with his life.
In that case Jesus should have remained dead. It's like having someone pay off your mortgage with a cheque on Friday, only to find that it bounced when the bank opened on Monday.
When I said "life" meant HUMAN life.
Naturally it was his human life since his god life could not be taken. In that case, what was resurrected?

resurrect - restore (a dead person) to life.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Purple Knight wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:02 pm You actually could pronounce someone guilty and then punish someone else.

Jesus was never punished (since he never did anything wrong ) he gave his life as a sacrifice. I think even the godless can at least intellectually grasp the notion of being willing to die to save the life of someone you love, of a parent being willing to throw himslef in front of a speeding car to push his child to safety. The sentiment being, "I dont have to die but I will happily do so if it will save the life of my child"

Is the notion of "sacrifice" one only spiritual people can grasp?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #13

brunumb wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:08 pm

.... In that case, what was resurrected?
Jesus (the person) was resurrected but not as a human. He was brought back in another lifeform ... a spirit.

RELATED POSTS
Was Jesus resurrected as a human?
viewtopic.php?p=909944#p909944

Was Jesus resurrected in a spiritual or physical body?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 16#p753616

If Jesus was resurrected as a spirit, how could he show Thomas the wounds on his body?
viewtopic.php?p=1063505#p1063505

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by Purple Knight »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:10 pm
Purple Knight wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:02 pm You actually could pronounce someone guilty and then punish someone else.

Jesus was never punished (since he never did anything wrong ) he gave his life as a sacrifice. I think even the godless can at least intellectually grasp the notion of being willing to die to save the life of someone you love, of a parent being willing to throw himself in front of a speeding car to push his child to safety. The sentiment being, "I don't have to die but I will happily do so if it will save the life of my child"

Is the notion of "sacrifice" one only spiritual people can grasp?
As it relates to guilt and justice, maybe. It's at very least going to be particularly hard on Western non-spiritual people who have been taught from the very beginning that individualism is right and if we do something wrong, we have to be punished for it, and no one else can just step in front of that car. And in this example God is hardly a drunk driver. Not only does he know what he's doing sending people to Hell, but it is right to do it... Or else he wouldn't.

It's why you get all these topics about original sin. For a Western non-spiritual person, it's binary: Either I did something wrong or I didn't. If I did, no one else can absolve that; whatever the punishment is, the only morally righteous thing is for me to pay it. If I didn't, there's nothing to absolve.

It's the exact same type of resistance you get to anti-racism because it charges people to make up for what they didn't personally do, and they hate that idea.

brunumb
Savant

Post #15

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:12 pm

Jesus (the person) was resurrected but not as a human. He was brought back in another lifeform ... a spirit.
What about the behaviour of the resurrected Jesus spells 'spirit'?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

brunumb wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:20 pm

I dont have a list of spirit behaviour ; I just have the bible that says ....
1 PETER 3:18
For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive [resurrected][ in the spirit.

1 CORINTHIANS 15:44,45
It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body [...] The first man Adam became a living person. The last Adam [Jesus] became a life-giving spirit.

2 CORINTHIANS 5:16
Even if we once knew Christ according to the flesh, we certainly no longer know him in that way.
To read more please go to other posts related to...

THE RESURRECTION , JESUS RESURRECTION and ... RESSURECTION CHRONOLOGY
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brunumb
Savant

Post #17

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:54 am
brunumb wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:20 pm

I dont have a list of spirit behaviour ; I just have the bible that says ....
Jesus' behaviour! He walked, talked, ate, got 'poked' etc. All things one associates with a physical body rather than a spirit body. It seems that Jesus was resurrected as a human again, albeit in a repaired body, and the alleged payment for sin was therefore defaulted.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #18

brunumb wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:17 pm

Jesus' behaviour! He walked, talked, ate, got 'poked' etc. All things one associates with a physical body rather than a spirit body.
Yes, biblically spirits can assume human form (take on a human body) and do these things and more...
brunumb wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:17 pmIt seems that Jesus was resurrected as a human again ...
No, scriptures are quite clear on that. (See below)

1 PETER 3:18
For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive [resurrected][ in the spirit.

1 CORINTHIANS 15:44,45
It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body [...] The first man Adam became a living person. The last Adam [Jesus] became a life-giving spirit.

2 CORINTHIANS 5:16
Even if we once knew Christ according to the flesh, we certainly no longer know him in that way.

brunumb
Savant

Post #19

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #18]

What became of the physical body of Jesus?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #20

brunumb wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:03 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #18]

What became of the physical body of Jesus?
I don't know. God probably disposed of it. If humans can dispose of corpes, I see no reason God can't.

JESUS RESURRECTION

Was Jesus resurrected as a human being?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 44#p909944

Was Jesus resurrected in a spiritual or physical body?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 16#p753616

If Jesus was resurrected as a spirit, how could he show Thomas the sounds on his body?
viewtopic.php?p=1063505#p1063505

Did Jesus post resurrection body carry the wounds inflicted on it during his execution ?
viewtopic.php?p=967900#p967900

Why did Jesus' disciples not recognise him after his resurrection?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 49#p967749

Why could God not simply give Jesus back his old body?
viewtopic.php?p=1035994#p1035994

If Jesus was not raised in the same body, why was the tomb empty?
viewtopic.php?p=1036029#p1036029

Was Mary able to touch the risen Christ?
viewtopic.php?p=908706#p908706
To read more please go to other posts related to...

THE RESURRECTION , JESUS RESURRECTION and ... RESSURECTION CHRONOLOGY