JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1031

Post by onewithhim »

Bobcat wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:03 pm When Jesus was here He was God the Father portraying the Son, the servant of God. When He said He was going back to the Father He meant He was going back to being the Father.
You are adding a whole lot to the verses. John 20:17 does not show that Jesus is "going back to be the Father!" He said he was going back to "my God and your God." That shows clearly that Jesus was going to join his Father, not become the Father.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #1032

Post by Bobcat »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:20 pm
Bobcat wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:03 pm When Jesus was here He was God the Father portraying the Son, the servant of God. When He said He was going back to the Father He meant He was going back to being the Father.
So when Jesus died, who raised him back to life? Or did he never die? Which means no one paid for our sins.
Jesus probably didn’t die at all. His death and resurrection was symbolic of those who follow the son of man and do the will of God. They are raised from the dead by serving the Father and walking in spirit and in truth

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #1033

Post by Bobcat »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:43 pm
You are adding a whole lot to the verses. John 20:17 does not show that Jesus is "going back to be the Father!" He said he was going back to "my God and your God." That shows clearly that Jesus was going to join his Father, not become the Father.
I wasn’t speaking of that verse but in any case Jesus was God portraying the son when He said that. He was not going to reveal Himself while He was in human form.

John 14:12 NRS

12 Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father.

John 16

28 I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and am going to the Father."

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #1034

Post by Eloi »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:45 pm (...) Jesus was God portraying the son when He said that. He was not going to reveal Himself while He was in human form.

John 14:12 NRS

12 Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father.

John 16

28 I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and am going to the Father."
First-century Christians had no doubt that Jehovah, the only God worshiped by the Jews, was the person who had sent Jesus from heaven, the God and Father of whom he was always speaking.

John 11:42 True, I knew that you always hear me; but I spoke on account of the crowd standing around, so that they may believe that you sent me.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #1035

Post by 2timothy316 »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:00 pm
So when Jesus died, who raised him back to life? Or did he never die? Which means no one paid for our sins.
Jesus probably didn’t die at all. His death and resurrection was symbolic of those who follow the son of man and do the will of God. They are raised from the dead by serving the Father and walking in spirit and in truth
If there was no actual death then there was no resurrection and we are still dead in our sins.

"Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you remain in your sins." 1 Cor 15:17

This is the serious problem with the dogma that Christ didn't die. No death, no reason to resurrect. Mankind's salvation depends on the death of Jesus Christ.
"But God recommends his own love to us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Rom 5:8

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #1036

Post by Eloi »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:31 am
If there was no actual death then there was no resurrection and we are still dead in our sins.

"Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you remain in your sins." 1 Cor 15:17

This is the serious problem with the dogma that Christ didn't die. No death, no reason to resurrect. Mankind's salvation depends on the death of Jesus Christ.
"But God recommends his own love to us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Rom 5:8
The new trend in Christendom is to deny the resurrection of Jesus... and to deny many other Biblical truths. You will hear about these new trends: Adam and Eve were not real people, Noah did not exist and a planetary flood never occurred, there was no Moses or a group of Israelites in Egypt, there were no plagues in Egypt or exodus from that country to Canaan, etc.

It is due to the infiltration of the world's religions by unbelievers who pretend to be Bible scholars, and are dictating new teachings to these religions that have fallen under their control.

Religious forums on the internet are heavily influenced by this group of "new religious leaders", who try to steer these religions into something other than what they are, because they think there is no such thing as a spiritual world or powers out of human control.

Unfortunately, you can't even have dialogues with real people on religious forums anymore, because the main method of this group of "religious influencers" is the use of intelligent machines to create dialogues and automatic responses to topics, which obviously don't develop into normal dialogues for the most part.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #1037

Post by Bobcat »

Paul was not inspired. He did not follow Jesus. Sure he gave Jesus a lot of props but didn’t do as Jesus instructed.

No one can pay the price for another’s sin. Scripture, actual scripture, says so.

“When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just he shall live.”

“If a prudent man turns from virtue and commits iniquity he shall die, none of his virtuous deeds shall be remembered”

“Even if Noah Daniel and Job were in the land they could only save there own lives by there righteousness”

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #1038

Post by kjw47 »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:25 pm

Paul was not inspired. He did not follow Jesus. Sure he gave Jesus a lot of props but didn’t do as Jesus instructed.

No one can pay the price for another’s sin. Scripture, actual scripture, says so.

“When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just he shall live.”

“If a prudent man turns from virtue and commits iniquity he shall die, none of his virtuous deeds shall be remembered”

“Even if Noah Daniel and Job were in the land they could only save there own lives by there righteousness”

Jesus commissioned Paul. He went through hell standing up for Jesus.
In most cases-Repentence gets sin blotted out( Acts 3:19) yet they still owe the wages of sin = death, so most pay their own wages of sin. So in the other aspect of Jesus death covering sin--only is for those who live to see the tribulation and Armageddon come to this earth. The righteous( Great crowd) will be brought through on earth( Matt 24:22, Prov 2:21-22, Psalm 37:29) into Gods kingdom and may never taste death. The little flock( Luke 12:32) will be changed in the twinkling of an eye during the tribulation , and never taste death.-- This is what the bible really teaches. So do Jesus' appointed teachers.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #1039

Post by 2timothy316 »

Paul was not inspired.
Your opinion doesn't matter on this forum. What Paul says has more authority to what you say.

The Bible can't be debated as true in this form. SO what Paul says is true and I don't have to prove that according to the rules of this forum.
viewtopic.php?t=3168
viewtopic.php?t=3168
Last edited by 2timothy316 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #1040

Post by 2timothy316 »

No one can pay the price for another’s sin.
No imperfect man can.