JehovahsWitness and them 144,000

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Conversator
Student

JehovahsWitness and them 144,000

Post #1

Post by Conversator »

Alright, a little background. I live in an orthodox Jewish neighborhood, and one day some JehovahsWitnesses came into our neighborhood and caused problems. They knocked on my door, told me I'm going to hell and asked if I was OK with that. They also said something about 144,000 people go to heaven and offered to sell me a pamplhet that talked about it. It was two bucks by the way, and no, I didn't buy it.

A few days later our synagogue was vandalized, the camera footage was reviewed and it was the same two JehovahsWitnesses who had knocked on my door. They broke two windows and threw a dead cat in there. They were jailed, but not charged with a hate crime, but that's another story altogether.

Out of curiosity, what did that two dollar pamphlet say? I doubt it said to kill cats and break windows. 144,000 people go to heaven? OK, fair enough its your religion, but how do those 144,000 merit entrance into heaven? Please don't say, selling two dollar pamphlets.
I prefer Coca-Cola

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: JehovahsWitness and them 144,000

Post #51

Post by Purple Knight »

Diogenes wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:05 pmYou would be right, IF everyone who thinks they are 'right' actually are right.
The problem is that on the individual level no one can know the difference between what they believe is right and what is actually right. So this just reduces to a statement that force is never okay.