Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Stealing a faith

Post #1

Post by Athetotheist »

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... sm/543864/

If this happens to your religion, can you afford to ignore it?

Miles
Savant

Re: Stealing a faith

Post #31

Post by Miles »

Athetotheist wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:15 am
Miles wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:49 pm
Athetotheist wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:42 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:21 pm
Athetotheist wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:24 pm [Replying to Miles in post #21
As well as speeding, discharging firearms in the city, prostitution, and reckless endangerment. So what?
So......you're not supposed to do them.
Actually, I cherish my freedoms whether or not I cherish the same freedoms for others. I may simply grant them to others.;)
.........as if you had any right to deny them to others......
But my wardrobe analogy can beat your silly hyperbole any day of the week, and with both of its halter straps tied behind its back. :joy:
Substituting rebuttal with cheap humor is lame.
Ever hear of war? Right now I'm hoping Putin is suffering his defeats in the Ukraine from the Ukrainian attacks to preserve their freedom. Don't you? . . . . . . Perhaps not.
We never have a right to make others suffer the consequences of our "freedom".
Not the "consequences of our "freedom," but the consequences of attaining one's freedom.

The Ukrainians are defending their freedom against Putin's attack. Your failure to understand the difference indicates that you have no grasp of my point.
I don't, but perhaps if your English was more intelligible, unlike your, "Religion and religious practices wiped out by the Catholic Church doesn't mean when someone starts to do them their appopriation." I'd have a chance.

You're so bungled up, you can't even aim your spiteful barbs in the right direction.
Okay, if "Religion and religious practices wiped out by the Catholic Church doesn't mean when someone starts to do them their appopriation." is intelligible tell me what is says/means. In fact, just explain "doesn't mean when someone starts to do them their appopriation."

Why are you asking me when I didn't write it?
My apologies. I got you and PolytheistWitch mixed up.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #32

Post by Purple Knight »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:35 pm https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... sm/543864/

I wish we lived in a world where we could believe what we wanted, and not be sullied by what someone else does or thinks who also happens to believe the same thing.

But we don't.

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #33

Post by The Barbarian »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:35 pm https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... sm/543864/

These cretins did it to Christianity for hundreds of years. Welcome to the club, pagans. And yes, call them out and shame them at every opportunity for their evil and their ignorant appropriation of your faith.