For Trinitarians: Three seaprate persons as one or just one person who is all three?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2timothy316
Under Probation

For Trinitarians: Three seaprate persons as one or just one person who is all three?

Post #1

Post by 2timothy316 »

MissKate13 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:59 am IMHO, Father, Son and Holy Spirit have human characteristics: emotions, will, etc. We are created in the image of God. Perhaps saying three persons in one God helps people to understand better. I have no idea. All I know is that there is ONE GOD, and He is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
MissKate13 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:49 pm Jesus is the Father.
The Encyclopedia Britannica says: Trinity, in Christian doctrine, the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Trinity-Christianity

So which is it? Is Jesus the Father and HS as one person? Or is it the more accepted dogma, three persons are one?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: For Trinitarians: Three seaprate persons as one or just one person who is all three?

Post #31

Post by onewithhim »

historia wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:03 am
onewithhim wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:24 am
Just curious----what are the other groups that believe Jesus is Michael? I have never heard of that.
It appears that Jehovah's Witnesses inherited this idea from earlier Adventists. Seventh Day Adventists, for example, believe that Jesus is the Archangel Michael. See QOD.
I don't agree that JWs inherited the idea of Michael from Adventists. It is obvious when someone studies the Scriptures for themselves, taking in particularly Matthew ch.24. I figured it out on my own without anyone ever mentioning the idea. I never had a question about it in my mind. It is so clear that Michael is Jesus. Do we remember that the baby Mary had was called "Jesus" only after he came to earth and into her womb? It was kind of a temporary name, and rightly exalting the Father, Jehovah. The name means "Salvation of Jehovah." Jesus wouldn't have had that name with its important meaning before Adam revolted against Jehovah, because up to that time there was no need for salvation.