The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: The kingdom of God.

Post #1441

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:41 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:36 pm Yet, you have not been "saved" from the coming judgment . . .
According to the Bible, I will not face judgment.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

Deceased Christians (they that are Christ's) will be resurrected at the Second Coming (at his coming).

Our deceased natural bodies are buried (or sown) and we will be resurrected with immortal spiritual bodies:

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)

The second and permanent death in the lake of fire is the punishment for sin. But since spiritual bodies are immortal, death will no longer apply to resurrected spiritual bodied Christians. Spiritual bodied Christians can swim in the lake if they want to.

Actually, we will participate in the judgment by judging sinful angels:

1 Corinthians 6:3
Know ye not that we (believers) shall judge angels?

But that will occur a thousand years after the Second Coming.

So according to the Bible, Christians are safe from the judgment.

Do you agree that is what the Bible states?
I partially agree that is what the false prophet Paul infers. Or in other words, that would be the message of the "enemy" (Matthew 13:25), the "tare seed", which leads to the production of the "tares", which will be gathered "first" and thrown into "the furnace of fire" (Matthew 13:30). The "tares" are "gathered" "first" and thrown into the "furnace of fire", which is the "great tribulation" which occurs "immediately before the "son of man" appears (Matthew 24:29-30), which would be the message of the "son of man", which is regarded as the "good seed" (Matthew 13:37). As "Christians" for the most part, have the mark of the beast, according to Revelation 20:4, they will not be part of the 1st resurrection, and will be judged at the end of the millennium (Revelation 20:4). As for the present, "many" have the "mark of the beast", and they will have to drink from the cup of the "anger" of God (Revelation 14:10), the "great tribulation/Har-Magedon", which is probably sooner than later. As for "Christians" swimming in the "lake of fire", well, the foremost "Christian", the "false prophet" Paul, is thrown into the "lake of fire" previous to the white throne judgment (Revelation 20:10) and will be "tormented" "forever". I don't know, but I think if he had to choose, I think he would choose not to have "everlasting life". You fail to relialize that Matthew 13 is the description of the "kingdom of God" (Matthew 13:24-25) "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, but while men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares also among the wheat, and went away". You have apparently rejected the spirit of revelation (Spirit of God), the message of the son of man (Revelation 19:10) for the message of the "devil" (Matthew 13:39), which apparently an "unforgivable sin". (Matthew 12:31-32)

otseng
Savant

Post #1442

Post by otseng »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:16 pm You have apparently rejected the spirit of revelation (Spirit of God), the message of the son of man (Revelation 19:10) for the message of the "devil" (Matthew 13:39), which apparently an "unforgivable sin". (Matthew 12:31-32)
Moderator Comment

Please do not make comments of a personal nature.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1443

Post by myth-one.com »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:16 pm As "Christians" for the most part, have the mark of the beast, according to Revelation 20:4, they will not be part of the 1st resurrection, and will be judged at the end of the millennium (Revelation 20:4).
Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Those sitting on the thrones were given the authority to judge others!

All deceased believers were resurrected.

And lived and reigned with Christ through the thousand-year millennium.

Where does that scripture state that ""Christians for the most part, have the mark of the beast"??

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #1444

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:36 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:16 pm As "Christians" for the most part, have the mark of the beast, according to Revelation 20:4, they will not be part of the 1st resurrection, and will be judged at the end of the millennium (Revelation 20:4).
Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Those sitting on the thrones were given the authority to judge others!

All deceased believers were resurrected.

And lived and reigned with Christ through the thousand-year millennium.

Where does that scripture state that ""Christians for the most part, have the mark of the beast"??
The "mark of the beast" is clearly stated in Revelation 20:4. The "mark" of the "beast with two horns like a lamb" was to be placed on the forehead and the hand per Revelation 13:16. That "beast" was described as another "beast"/king per Revelation 13:11, in line with Daniel 7:24-25, who was to "make alterations in times and in law", in which Constantine changed the Law regarding the day of rest per his 321 A.D. decree, in which he glorified his sun god, Sol Invictus, the "dragon", by making the day of the sun, Sunday, the day of rest, in which no one could buy or sell, for he closed the markets and the government on the day of the sun. That decree has lasted into the present time under the name, "blue laws". The Sabbath is a mark for the children of Israel/Jacob (Exodus 31:13), and Sunday, is a mark for the followers of the beast. Most "Christians" follow the "beast". Those with the "mark" will remain in their graves, and drink from the cup of God's "anger" (Revelation 14:10).

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1445

Post by myth-one.com »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 amThose with the "mark" will remain in their graves, . . .
No, every human who ever dies will be resurrected from their graves:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22)
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 am . . . and drink from the cup of God's "anger" (Revelation 14:10).
How can those which you claim to be dead and buried in their graves "drink from the cup of God's anger"?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #1446

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:36 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 amThose with the "mark" will remain in their graves, . . .
No, every human who ever dies will be resurrected from their graves:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22)
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 am . . . and drink from the cup of God's "anger" (Revelation 14:10).
How can those which you claim to be dead and buried in their graves "drink from the cup of God's anger"?
With respect to Revelation 20:4, those with the "mark of the beast" will remain in their graves. It is the LORD (YHWH) who "make your (David's) enemies a footstool for your feet". (Psalm 110:1). It is the LORD (YHWY) who makes "David" the shepherd/prince after the LORD judges between the sheep (Ezekiel 34:22-23), after he "destroys" the "fat" sheep/shepherds (Ez 34:1 & 16), who did not feed nor heal the "flock". The "cup of God's anger" comes via Har-Magedon, the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32) which precedes the millennium. The "gathering" of the "wheat"/"righteous" follows the "gathering" of the "wicked"/"tares" (Matthew 13:30 & 49-50), who are thrown into the "furnace of fire" (Har-Magedon) (Revelation 14:19). The dead and buried at this time, with the "mark of the beast" (Revelation 20:4) get to forgo Har-Magedon, and remain in their graves until the "white throne judgment". It is the living who have to go through the "furnace of fire". The dead will have to remain buried and look forward to the white throne judgment and the possibility of the "lake of fire".

Psalm 110:1
A Psalm of David.
The Lord says to my Lord:
“Sit at My right hand
Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1447

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:05 pm
The commission to subdue the Earth has to do with helping the planet with it's growth and to channel human energy for the convenience of humanity.
How does a human help the planet with its growth? What does that even mean?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1448

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1384]
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)

Is there any other mention of this story in the other gospels, or anywhere else?
YES Matthew reports the same event. This is significant as it proves Satan is the God of this world.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

MissKate13
Sage

Post #1449

Post by MissKate13 »

Checkpoint wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 am Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?
The kingdom is BOTH present and future.

One must first understand that the kingdom is a spiritual entity, and not physical.

Here is a list of verses that show the kingdom is present NOW. Read them in context!

Colossians 1:13, Revelation 1:9, 1 Thessalonians 2:12, Hebrews 12:28, Revelation 1:6, 1 Corinthians 15:24-25, Luke 22:28-30, Luke 17:20-21

You can add Matthew 12:28 to the list I’ve given you. The Pharisees were accusing Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Beellezbul. Jesus answered them, “But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.”

1 Corinthians 15:24-26 show that the kingdom is also future. Jesus is King NOW. He is reigning over His kingdom. At the end of time, He will deliver the kingdom to God the Father.

24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 Thelast enemy that will be destroyed is death.
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

DJT_47
Student

Post #1450

Post by DJT_47 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1243]

The church of the bible
There is only one