Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

Most religions claim that souls exist. Some religions claim that souls are immortal and are reincarnated after the death of the body while other religions claim that souls are immortal and are resurrected after the death of the body. Can anyone please prove that souls exist and are either resurrected or reincarnated? Thank you.

Compassionist
Guru

Re: Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Post #21

Post by Compassionist »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:26 pm
wannabe wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:38 am When I see humans , I see living souls.
I guess it comes down to interpretation.
Got it. English must not be your native language and that is fine.

Humans are the physical beings we see in our daily lives. When you see humans, you are in fact seeing humans. Souls are an entirely different concept and cannot be interchange with the word human. Continuing to do so will only confuse you and possibly others further.
I asked you to prove that souls exist. Why don't you do that instead of calling humans 'souls'? Humans are not 'souls'. Humans are biological organisms. Religions define 'souls' to be immortal beings that control mortal bodies. The immortal souls are claimed to depart from the mortal bodies during the death of the bodies and later on get either resurrected or reincarnated, depending on which religion one believes in.

Please see

and

and let me know your thoughts about the two videos. Thank you.

SlingShot
Student

Re: Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Post #22

Post by SlingShot »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #1]

No one can prove conclusively that the existance of the soul or spirit exists. What can be strong circumstantial evidence is found in near death experiences. The most compelling are those who were clinically dead. What I mean by clinically is they were brain dead. If there was any brain activity the dying brain argument is credible, but with a flat EEG it isn't in my opinion. If interested I would suggest reviewing the information with an open mind and not presuppositions. :P

brunumb
Savant

Post #23

Post by brunumb »

SlingShot wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:28 pm [Replying to Compassionist in post #1]

No one can prove conclusively that the existance of the soul or spirit exists. What can be strong circumstantial evidence is found in near death experiences. The most compelling are those who were clinically dead. What I mean by clinically is they were brain dead. If there was any brain activity the dying brain argument is credible, but with a flat EEG it isn't in my opinion. If interested I would suggest reviewing the information with an open mind and not presuppositions. :P
A person who is brain dead is legally confirmed as dead. They have no chance of recovery because their body is unable to survive without artificial life support. Therefore we have no NDEs from such people. Anecdotal evidence from people who almost died is not strong. The way I see it, such accounts are only compelling for those who have a need to believe in the afterlife.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

SlingShot
Student

Post #24

Post by SlingShot »

[Replying to brunumb in post #23]

You are correct, if there is absolutely no brain activity the person is clinically dead. You haven't done sufficient case studies to substantiate your opinion. Please give me the case studies of individuals that were clinically dead and returned to life and the errors in their stories and those of the medical professionals that treated them.

I suggest beginning with Dr. Eben Alexander’s NDE, it is referred to as near death but his brain was clinically dead.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by JoeyKnothead »

SlingShot wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:27 pm [Replying to brunumb in post #23]
You are correct, if there is absolutely no brain activity the person is clinically dead. You haven't done sufficient case studies to substantiate your opinion. Please give me the case studies of individuals that were clinically dead and returned to life and the errors in their stories and those of the medical professionals that treated them.

I suggest beginning with Dr. Eben Alexander’s NDE, it is referred to as near death but his brain was clinically dead.
In the case of measuring brain activity, we can only rely on the accuracy of our machines and that bunch reading their output. With this in mind, it's a bit off to say that having a near death experience means one has come back from being dead.

"Near" is good enough for grenades, less so for medical decisions.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

SlingShot
Student

Post #26

Post by SlingShot »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 pm

In the case of measuring brain activity, we can only rely on the accuracy of our machines and that bunch reading their output. With this in mind, it's a bit off to say that having a near death experience means one has come back from being dead.

"Near" is good enough for grenades, less so for medical decisions.
Based on your opinion no one is qualified to pronounce someone dead. The guidelines to pronounce someone as dead is pretty clear. The only reason the word "near" is used is because the person returned to life. There are documented cases where a person was dead for a few days. The issue should'nt be was the person clinically dead or not because infact they were. The question should be did they actually experience what they claimed to have. How does someone that is clinically dead have the ability to repeat conversations, and activities that were going on while they were clinically dead? It serves no purpose to make assumptions without researching the information available.

brunumb
Savant

Post #27

Post by brunumb »

You are in no position to tell me that I haven't done sufficient case studies.

Brain dead is dead and there is no coming back. Near death is not death. Stories are just that, stories. I have gone into this NDE stuff many times already and I am not going to waste my time following you down that rabbit hole. Whatever happens clinically, it is not evidence of an afterlife. Perhaps you should spend a some time looking at the phenomenon a little more critically.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by JoeyKnothead »

SlingShot wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:13 pm Based on your opinion no one is qualified to pronounce someone dead.
Yet every day medical professionals make those medical decisions
The guidelines to pronounce someone as dead is pretty clear.
"Guidelines".
The only reason the word "near" is used is because the person returned to life.
I challenge you to show that once dead, a body can return to life.
There are documented cases where a person was dead for a few days.
Please present such for analysis.
The issue should'nt be was the person clinically dead or not because infact they were.
Then surely you can show such was the case
The question should be did they actually experience what they claimed to have.
I'm a paranoid schizophrenic, not all I experience is true to life.
How does someone that is clinically dead have the ability to repeat conversations, and activities that were going on while they were clinically dead?
It would seem ears and memory functions while one is alive.
It serves no purpose to make assumptions without researching the information available.
Cool.

We all await you presenting your research and documentation for analysis.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

SlingShot
Student

Post #29

Post by SlingShot »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #28]

The answers to your questions can be found on near-death.com. As I first stated no one can conclusively prove the soul or spirit exists beyond death. My point is strictly from a circumstantial argument. Each person needs to decide for themselves what the evidence presented proves or disproves. To me I lean more towards continued spiritual existence beyond death, but that is just my opinion based on the research I have done. I also respect the skeptics' opinions and arguments because they do make some very valid points to consider. Just as those that believe can't prove their position, neither can those who don't believe.
My opinions are not based on religious beliefs or lack of, but the evidence and testimonies presented on the above web site and others including a few medical journals.

Cheers

SlingShot
Student

Post #30

Post by SlingShot »

brunumb wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 am

You are in no position to tell me that I haven't done sufficient case studies.

Brain dead is dead and there is no coming back. Near death is not death. Stories are just that, stories. I have gone into this NDE stuff many times already and I am not going to waste my time following you down that rabbit hole. Whatever happens clinically, it is not evidence of an afterlife. Perhaps you should spend a some time looking at the phenomenon a little more critically.
Yes I am qualified because your responses proves my point. Let me ask you something. If a person heart was stopped, brain drained of the it's blood to repair an basilar artery aneurysm, and the brain was flat line, would you consider that person dead? I would say most physicians would say yes, the person is dead. The person heart was restarted and she had a full recovery, that is clinically coming back from death. Do you want to read the actual story?

Dr. Michael Sabom is a cardiologist who performed the surgery on Pam Reynolds (1956–2010). In 1991, here is a link that may interest you https://near-death.com/people-have-ndes ... rain-dead/