7 teachings from Jesus

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

kjw47
Under Probation

7 teachings from Jesus

Post #1

Post by kjw47 »

1) Matthew 6:33- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
2) Matthew 5:5- Blessed are the meek for they ( great crowd) will inherit the EARTH.( Psalm 37:29)
3)The Lords prayer-- Hallowed be thy( Father) name( YHWH(Jehovah)--last line in some translations=The kingdom, power and glory belong to the Father.
4) John 17:1-6,26-- verse 3) Jesus calls the Father( one who sent him) THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26= YHWH(Jehovah)
5) John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Jesus teaches the Father is his God, like he is our God. -- His real teachers affirm that fact--Coll 1:3, Eph 1:3,17--1Peter 1:3
6)John 15:20-21-- A warning from Jesus, that those thinking they stand for Jesus name will do things against the true followers-Why? Because they do not know the one who sent him= Father( YHWH(Jehovah)
7)John 4:22-24--Jesus begins by warning all other Gods are false, then teaches his true followers will worship his Father in spirit and truth.
Paul does the same-1Cor 8:6--Warns of all the other gods being false then only names the Father as God.

Will you believe Jesus over errors?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: 7 teachings from Jesus

Post #41

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to tam in post #40]

It was you who said that even at our meetings there is division. To go back and find it might be a voluminous task. You were making the point that we are divided because of the Memorial, at which there are two groups celebrating it---the anointed and the "other sheep." We don't look at this as being divided. We are all under one Shepherd, and we all make up "one flock" in essence. (John 10:16)

tam
Savant

Post #42

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 pm [Replying to tam in post #40]

It was you who said that even at our meetings there is division. To go back and find it might be a voluminous task.

I read through the posts that you quoted. It was not a voluminous task. I even went back and read through my one other post. I do not see what you are claiming I said anywhere in my posts.

I did, however, quote PAUL (2Corinth 11 - the text in the green) and HE wrote about divisions in the group when they came together as a church, to eat the Lord's supper. I quoted Paul because kjw47 used Paul's words (as the wts has erroneously taught) to suggest that some are unworthy to eat if they eat... and MY POINT was Paul's words had nothing to do with what 'hope' one had (there is only one hope; Eph 4:4-6). For one, Paul told the people that they should all eat together... and for two, there was no such doctrine as a 'heavenly hope' versus an 'earthly hope'. There was also no such thing as 'some Christians' are permitted to eat and drink and 'other Christians' are not.

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #43

Post by JehovahsWitness »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:54 pm 2) Matthew 5:5- Blessed are the meek for they ( great crowd) will inherit the EARTH.( Psalm 37:29)
This is such a well known scripture, it always amazes me that most of the world Christians translate this as we all go to heaven.

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to

THE PLANET EARTH, .GOD'S KINGDOM and ... EVERLASTING LIFE
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #44

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:49 pm Peace to you,

It was you who said that even at our meetings there is division. To go back and find it might be a voluminous task.

I read through the posts that you quoted. It was not a voluminous task. I even went back and read through my one other post. I do not see what you are claiming I said anywhere in my posts.

I did, however, quote PAUL (2Corinth 11 - the text in the green) and HE wrote about divisions in the group when they came together as a church, to eat the Lord's supper. I quoted Paul because kjw47 used Paul's words (as the wts has erroneously taught) to suggest that some are unworthy to eat if they eat... and MY POINT was Paul's words had nothing to do with what 'hope' one had (there is only one hope; Eph 4:4-6). For one, Paul told the people that they should all eat together... and for two, there was no such doctrine as a 'heavenly hope' versus an 'earthly hope'. There was also no such thing as 'some Christians' are permitted to eat and drink and 'other Christians' are not.

Peace again to you.
The WT does not "erroneously teach" anything. You can go to the bank with anything they say. It is your way of looking at things that falls short. It has been explained over and over that there are no divisions, and that the "little flock" and the "other sheep" have two different destinations (one on the earth and one in heaven), and yet they both are "one flock" under "one Shepherd." Those ruling from heaven are closely related to those of us on the earth. They will guide us, according to a game plan set about by Jesus Christ. It's that simple, and there are no divisions. We ALL believe the same thing.

tam
Savant

Post #45

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:00 pm

Peace again to you.
The WT does not "erroneously teach" anything.
Of course it does. You KNOW it does, onewithhim. You at least know about the mistakes it has admitted to making; you don't know about the mistakes it does not admit (nor even realize) it is STILL making.

In just this one example, if the WTS ever taught that Paul's 'eating unworthily' was referring to people having the wrong 'hope' at 2Corinth 11, then the WTS taught (or still teaches) this in error. For all the reasons previously stated.
You can go to the bank with anything they say.

Except for all the times they are wrong? Except for all the false predictions?

Yes, they get some things right... but so does every religion out there. How ELSE would religion be able to mislead even the elect?
It is your way of looking at things that falls short.
I look at Christ. I test all and hold all things up against Him. I listen to Him and to His commands. How could that be considered falling short?

Holding all things up against the bible (which always means man's interpretation of the bible) does fall short. Certainly holding all things up against the teachings of a religion falls short.

It has been explained over and over that there are no divisions, and that the "little flock" and the "other sheep" have two different destinations (one on the earth and one in heaven), and yet they both are "one flock" under "one Shepherd." Those ruling from heaven are closely related to those of us on the earth. They will guide us, according to a game plan set about by Jesus Christ. It's that simple, and there are no divisions. We ALL believe the same thing.
Again, your argument on this thread is not with me or my words, because I am not the one who said anything about division. I said something about contradicting Christ - which the wts teaching on eating and drinking DOES contradict Christ. But I am not the one who brought up 'divisions at meetings'. Paul mentioned it, and so did kjw.

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #46

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:12 am Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:00 pm

Peace again to you.
The WT does not "erroneously teach" anything.
Of course it does. You KNOW it does, onewithhim. You at least know about the mistakes it has admitted to making; you don't know about the mistakes it does not admit (nor even realize) it is STILL making.

In just this one example, if the WTS ever taught that Paul's 'eating unworthily' was referring to people having the wrong 'hope' at 2Corinth 11, then the WTS taught (or still teaches) this in error. For all the reasons previously stated.
You can go to the bank with anything they say.

Except for all the times they are wrong? Except for all the false predictions?
They "are" not wrong. They have made some wrong guesses, but have admitted them, and I have found, in my own research, that they did not present their educated guesses as written in stone. We can use our brains and figure out just what happened and why. I am satisfied that they have come around to eschewing educated guesses and just presenting the prophecies as they are found in the Scriptures. That is what a watchtower was for---announcing the coming of distressing things and giving a warning, and, modernly, the end of the system and the beginning of a new, wonderful and happy system of things.