Is Allah in Islam the same God of christians?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Is Allah in Islam the same God of Christians?

No
42%
Yes
50%
I don't know
8%

Total votes: 12

Atwine

Is Allah in Islam the same God of christians?

Post #1

Post by Atwine »

Some say that Allah the God in Islam is the same God as Yahweh of Christians. Give your honest opinion

mms20102
Scholar

Re: Is Allah in Islam the same God of christians?

Post #11

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to boatsnguitars in post #10]

Sorry that's not what any religion think about God so after you know clearly what is God I guess your opinion may be more valid.
Saying there is no God and I don't know what God is but both Gods are different.... Seriously why you even bother speaking about the topic if you have no plausible argument.
If you want to discuss the existence of God we can have a debate about it in another thread.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by boatsnguitars »

mms20102 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:51 am [Replying to boatsnguitars in post #10]

Sorry that's not what any religion think about God so after you know clearly what is God I guess your opinion may be more valid.
Saying there is no God and I don't know what God is but both Gods are different.... Seriously why you even bother speaking about the topic if you have no plausible argument.
If you want to discuss the existence of God we can have a debate about it in another thread.
I'm sorry if it's confusing.

Is Lestat the same as Dracula? Both are vampires, but they are different characters in different books. But, I don't believe vampires actually exist.
Are Zeus, Jupiter and Odin the same God? Zeus and Jupiter, perhaps, but Odin? They are different, but they aren't real, are they?

The OP asks a question, this is the Philosophy section. You can find a safe place for theology in the Theology section.

My argument is very clear: Yahweh and Allah are characters in books. They seem to have a similar origin, but Allah is clearly different from the character in the OT and NT. Just as the character of Jesus is different in the BoM from the NT. It's supposed to be the same, but it's not - or do you believe the Jesus of the NT is accurately depicted in the BoM?

We are dealing with Mythology here. Mythology, by design, is confusing and contradictory.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

mms20102
Scholar

Post #13

Post by mms20102 »

boatsnguitars wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:19 am
mms20102 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:51 am [Replying to boatsnguitars in post #10]

Is Lestat the same as Dracula? Both are vampires, but they are different characters in different books. But, I don't believe vampires actually exist.
Are Zeus, Jupiter and Odin the same God? Zeus and Jupiter, perhaps, but Odin? They are different, but they aren't real, are they?

The OP asks a question, this is the Philosophy section. You can find a safe place for theology in the Theology section.

My argument is very clear: Yahweh and Allah are characters in books. They seem to have a similar origin, but Allah is clearly different from the character in the OT and NT. Just as the character of Jesus is different in the BoM from the NT. It's supposed to be the same, but it's not - or do you believe the Jesus of the NT is accurately depicted in the BoM?

We are dealing with Mythology here. Mythology, by design, is confusing and contradictory.
I guess you messed not tiny but a huge part.
Did in any of the vampire texts one claimed the other existed ?!.
In Quran Allah mentioned Jesus brace be upon him and Moses peace be upon him clearly. In the bible Jesus peace be upon him mentioned someone to come. In the Torah there is a mentioning of the massaiah and they are all related in the term of what God could be. Looking at the texts without the interpretation and false translation we will discover that the three books spoke about the same one entity the same one Omni God. But if they have the same God how can God give contradictory messages?!. Well Muslims believe that Jews corrupted their book so God sent Jesus peace be upon him then Christians corrupted their book so God sent the last massinger Mohamed peace be upon him. Christians also think that Jews were evil and it's said by Jesus peace be upon him in the Bible.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by boatsnguitars »

Actually, I do believe they were wr
mms20102 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:42 am
boatsnguitars wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:19 am

I guess you messed not tiny but a huge part.
Did in any of the vampire texts one claimed the other existed ?!.
In Quran Allah mentioned Jesus brace be upon him and Moses peace be upon him clearly. In the bible Jesus peace be upon him mentioned someone to come. In the Torah there is a mentioning of the massaiah and they are all related in the term of what God could be. Looking at the texts without the interpretation and false translation we will discover that the three books spoke about the same one entity the same one Omni God. But if they have the same God how can God give contradictory messages?!. Well Muslims believe that Jews corrupted their book so God sent Jesus peace be upon him then Christians corrupted their book so God sent the last massinger Mohamed peace be upon him. Christians also think that Jews were evil and it's said by Jesus peace be upon him in the Bible.
Actually, I think both books were written as if they both existed, so yes.

Are you claiming that if a book says it's true, it's true?

And, not for nuthin', everyone but Muslims say Muslims corrupted their texts, so they must be true....

And, you mention false translations. So you admit there are false translations! That's great - now you have to show your preferred text iusn't false.
Also, aren't you familiar with Historical Fiction? Or haven't you heard of the many other Gospels - that are rejected because they are considered false?
It was a popular thing to write "as if true". People love a good story, they love it more if they think it's real.

Believe what you want, but you have to realize the rest of us are under no obligation to believe Robin Hood, or William Tell, or Beowulf, or Gilgamesh, or Gospel of Judas, or Gospel of Mark, or the Koran, or whatever - is true with respect to the supernatural elements. Kinda like Dracula. Vlad the Impaler did exist, but was he able to turn into a bat? No. We can safely say, no.

As for Muslim's beliefs about Jesus - that's fine. I don't think Jesus was anything other than yet another con artist. Mohammad was worse. He was a murderer and all based on people insulting him.

So, did Mohammad exist? Sure. Did he really kill all those people? Probably. Was he divine? No. We can safely say, no.

I imagine you're a good guy, so why follow a warlord?
― Omar Khayyâm

mms20102
Scholar

Post #15

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to boatsnguitars in post #14]

I think you are confused about what you want to say.
What we are discussing here is not why the books are corrupted or whether there is corruption or not or why those books are true again I have no problem debating any topic you like but I like to stay focused on the subject.

Saying that my prophet is a warlord is something not based on a through knowledge but some romurs you heard to make sure that you are right.

Now I challenge to a three debates and I hope you have the courage to follow the truth and find it through them other than satisfying your ego.

First debate
Why does God exist or not exist
Second debate
Standard of morality and God
Third debate
Terrorism between Islam and Atheism

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by boatsnguitars »

mms20102 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:21 pm [Replying to boatsnguitars in post #14]

I think you are confused about what you want to say.
What we are discussing here is not why the books are corrupted or whether there is corruption or not or why those books are true again I have no problem debating any topic you like but I like to stay focused on the subject.

Saying that my prophet is a warlord is something not based on a through knowledge but some romurs you heard to make sure that you are right.

Now I challenge to a three debates and I hope you have the courage to follow the truth and find it through them other than satisfying your ego.

First debate
Why does God exist or not exist
Second debate
Standard of morality and God
Third debate
Terrorism between Islam and Atheism
My first instinct was to say no. It bores me, but I haven't debated this in a while. Sure, let's do it. How many words? Where? You can go first.
Let's do:

Opening Statements
First Rebuttal
Second Rebuttal
Conclusions

Let's keep it short. These really aren't very interesting debates if you think about it. You already know what I'll probably say, and I already know your position.

We all know this is to satisfy your ego more than mine. I find Theism absurd - debating it is time I won't get back.
― Omar Khayyâm

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by boatsnguitars »

mms20102, where did you go?

Let's say no more than 4000 words per section?

You can start.
― Omar Khayyâm