Becoming a child of light.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

Becoming a child of light.

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus describes how to become a child of light.

“While you have the light, BELIEVE in the light and you will become a child of light.” John 12:36

Was Jesus saying not everyone is a child of light?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Re: Becoming a child of light.

Post #31

Post by WinkyDinky »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:52 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:03 pm
Bobcat wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:56 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 pm
Bobcat wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:27 am
WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:36 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:29 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:39 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:56 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:11 pm Please explain, who is it?
What is spirit exactly?
I do not believe you know.
“It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, THE WORDS I SPOKE TO YOU ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE.”The son of man.
I do not believe you know or comprehend this you have quoted
from a book to me. You do not even know if it is true or not.

If you do know,
break it down and explain it to us.
That’s not the way it works. God reveals His secrets to His servants the prophets and the son His chosen one.

“The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”

IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD you are truly my disciple THEN YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH and the truth shall set you free.”

“The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him.”
What is the purpose of you posting random quotes from any book written by other men,
to which you yourself do not comprehend nor will ever attempt to give us any explanation whatsoever
for the fear of knowing if you try to do so, you will only become entangled within your own words
and prove what we already have known of you all alone.

What does this do for you?
The purpose is to do the will of God.

Because I don’t explain it to you, you think I don’t know it’s meaning but no the reason is you are not deserving if you were you would keep God’s word and live in His love.

“Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”
Is all this you have said to me here in your post, just your opinions or did God say this to you about me,
and tell you to say this to me for it was His will, or is it just your own will to do it?
Which is it?
I can do nothing on my own, I only say what the LORD has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.
Did the Lord teach you to sin? When you sin are you doing that on your own? When you sin, are you pleasing the Lord?
Did the Lord send you to commit sin? I do believe you have lost out of this debate many posts ago. Now I know it for sure.
You should stop before it gets even more worse for you.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #32

Post by Bobcat »

WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:07 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:39 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:56 pm

What is spirit exactly?
I do not believe you know.
“It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, THE WORDS I SPOKE TO YOU ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE.”The son of man.

If you do know,
That’s not the way it works. God reveals His secrets to His servants the prophets and the son His chosen one.

“The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”

IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD you are truly my disciple THEN YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH and the truth shall set you free.”

“The son can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him.”
What is the purpose of you posting random quotes from any book written by other men,
to which you yourself do not comprehend nor will ever attempt to give us any explanation whatsoever
for the fear of knowing if you try to do so, you will only become entangled within your own words

Because I don’t explain it to you, you think I don’t know it’s meaning but no the reason is you are not deserving if you were you would keep God’s word and live in His love.

“Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.”
Is all this you have said to me here in your post, just your opinions or did God say this to you about me,
and tell you to say this to me for it was His will, or is it just your own will to do it?
Which is it?
I can do nothing on my own, I only say what the LORD has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.
Did the Lord teach you to sin? When you sin are you doing that on your own? When you sin, are you pleasing the Lord?
Did the Lord send you to commit sin? I do believe you have lost out of this debate many posts ago. Now I know it for sure.
I can see your just trolling now.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by WinkyDinky »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:35 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:39 pm I do not believe you know.

If you do know,

Which is it?
I think it is wonderful, that you dismiss this as trolling.
It puts the Icing on the cake.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #34

Post by Bobcat »

WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:39 pm

If you do know,

Which is it?
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.

Eddie Ramos
Scholar

Post #35

Post by Eddie Ramos »

WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:07 pm
Eddie Ramos wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:05 pm
Bobcat wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:42 pm Jesus describes how to become a child of light.

“While you have the light, BELIEVE in the light and you will become a child of light.” John 12:36

Was Jesus saying not everyone is a child of light?
We have to remember that Jesus did not speak without parables.
There are many things that are recorded in the bible,
as Jesus speaking that was not a parable.
Here is one:
And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
Hello, nice to meet you. I realize, by your statement, that you and many others here believe that many things Jesus said were not by way of parables. Instead, the insistence (as well as the consensus) seems to be that Jesus mainly spoke in plain speech and only if it says that he specifically spoke in parables, can what he said be considered a parable.

Yet, as I have asked in this forum before, I will ask again. Can you post a scripture that supports this statement you made?: "There are many things that are recorded in the bible, as Jesus speaking that was not a parable. ". But for your consideration, I would like to post scripture that states the exact opposite.

Matthew 13:34 (KJV 1900)
All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

Mark 4:11 (KJV 1900)
And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all things are done in parables:

I can post scripture that tells us that the doctrine of Christ was a doctrine of parables:

Mark 4:2–3 (KJV 1900)
And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine, 3 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:

Mark 12:38 (KJV 1900)
And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,

And if you understand the very purpose of parables, you can see that it was for the purpose of concealing a deeper spiritual truth from those who do not have ears to hear (the Holy Spirit of God).

So, not only did Christ always speak in parables, but all the things he did were done in parables. This includes the physical healing of the people. The Bible teaches us that physical healing typifies the spiritual healing of those who were in their sins. Here is just one place where God helps make the connection:

Luke 5:18–25 (KJV 1900)
And, behold, men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before him. 19 And when they could not find by what way they might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop, and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before Jesus. 20 And when he saw their faith, he (Jesus) said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee. 21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone? 22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts? 23 Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk? 24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house. 25 And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.

Notice that when Christ saw the physically sick man, instead of telling him to arise, he tells him that his sins are forgiven. Then again, when Jesus declares, "But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins", instead of saying again that his sins were forgiven, instead he tells the lame man to arise and walk. I hope this helps.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by WinkyDinky »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:15 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:36 pm I do not believe you know or comprehend this you have quoted

If you do know,

Which is it?

Why would I seek my own glory, when I already have it?
Why would I seek the Kingdom of God, when it is already within me?

lol

lol

lol

The things I must endure for my God.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Post #37

Post by Bobcat »

WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:20 pm

Which is it?

lol

lol

lol

He was not saying the kingdom of God is within you but among you. That is to say that the righteous who are among the people are the kingdom of God. Apparently your misunderstanding shows you have a ways to go. Furthermore you misunderstand what it is to seek your own glory. It is not as you understand it. Nor do you understand what it is to seek the glory of the only God.

You accept the praise of one another but refuse to seek the glory of the only God.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by WinkyDinky »

Bobcat wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:33 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:20 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 pm What is the purpose of you posting random quotes from any book written by other men,

Which is it?

lol

lol

lol

He was not saying the kingdom of God is within you but among you.
If the Kingdom of God is within you, then it is among you.

Lean not to your own wisdom.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by WinkyDinky »

WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:36 pm I do not believe you know or comprehend this you have quoted

If you do know,

Which is it?

Your private interpretation is incorrect to scripture.

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first,
that no prophecy of the scripture
is of any private interpretation.