Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

Most religions claim that souls exist. Some religions claim that souls are immortal and are reincarnated after the death of the body while other religions claim that souls are immortal and are resurrected after the death of the body. Can anyone please prove that souls exist and are either resurrected or reincarnated? Thank you.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Post #31

Post by JoeyKnothead »

SlingShot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:30 am [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #28]
The answers to your questions can be found on near-death.com.
I shouldn't be expected to go wading through a website hoping to surmise what data you find pertinent to your claims.
As I first stated no one can conclusively prove the soul or spirit exists beyond death.
So the onus should be on the claimants either way.
My point is strictly from a circumstantial argument.
An unreliable argument.
Each person needs to decide for themselves what the evidence presented proves or disproves.
Which is why, in debate, a claimant is expected to support their claims without expecting others to do their work for them.
To me I lean more towards continued spiritual existence beyond death, but that is just my opinion based on the research I have done.
So I ask for the supporting data regarding your opinion.
I also respect the skeptics' opinions and arguments because they do make some very valid points to consider. Just as those that believe can't prove their position, neither can those who don't believe.
As I respect that my own position in this matter could be faulty.
My opinions are not based on religious beliefs or lack of, but the evidence and testimonies presented on the above web site and others including a few medical journals.
So we seek to analyze this data you claim exists that supports your position that near death experiences are the product of having been dead for a time, then getting all jesusy.
Cheers
Have a great day, or night, whichever applies for your neck of the woods :wave:
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Compassionist
Guru

Re: Please prove that souls exist and that they are either resurrected or reincarnated

Post #32

Post by Compassionist »

SlingShot wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:27 pm [Replying to brunumb in post #23]

You are correct, if there is absolutely no brain activity the person is clinically dead. You haven't done sufficient case studies to substantiate your opinion. Please give me the case studies of individuals that were clinically dead and returned to life and the errors in their stories and those of the medical professionals that treated them.

I suggest beginning with Dr. Eben Alexander’s NDE, it is referred to as near death but his brain was clinically dead.
What evidence is there that his brain was clinically dead during his NDE?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Compassionist wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:45 pm

You are correct, if there is absolutely no brain activity the person is clinically dead. You haven't done sufficient case studies to substantiate your opinion. Please give me the case studies of individuals that were clinically dead and returned to life and the errors in their stories and those of the medical professionals that treated them.

I suggest beginning with Dr. Eben Alexander’s NDE, it is referred to as near death but his brain was clinically dead.
What evidence is there that his brain was clinically dead during his NDE?
It's a bit odd how folks need to use such qualifier words when referring to death, who'd then argue that death had occurred.
-Punkinhead Martin

Compassionist
Guru

Post #34

Post by Compassionist »

SlingShot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:46 am
brunumb wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 am

You are in no position to tell me that I haven't done sufficient case studies.

Brain dead is dead and there is no coming back. Near death is not death. Stories are just that, stories. I have gone into this NDE stuff many times already and I am not going to waste my time following you down that rabbit hole. Whatever happens clinically, it is not evidence of an afterlife. Perhaps you should spend a some time looking at the phenomenon a little more critically.
Yes I am qualified because your responses proves my point. Let me ask you something. If a person heart was stopped, brain drained of the it's blood to repair an basilar artery aneurysm, and the brain was flat line, would you consider that person dead? I would say most physicians would say yes, the person is dead. The person heart was restarted and she had a full recovery, that is clinically coming back from death. Do you want to read the actual story?

Dr. Michael Sabom is a cardiologist who performed the surgery on Pam Reynolds (1956–2010). In 1991, here is a link that may interest you https://near-death.com/people-have-ndes ... rain-dead/
Thank you for the link. I read the article. I am intrigued so going to do more research about this. Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_hypo ... ory_arrest and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_death if you want to know more about these topics.

brunumb
Savant

Post #35

Post by brunumb »

You are in no position to tell me that I haven't done sufficient case studies.

Brain dead is dead and there is no coming back. Near death is not death. Stories are just that, stories. I have gone into this NDE stuff many times already and I am not going to waste my time following you down that rabbit hole. Whatever happens clinically, it is not evidence of an afterlife. Perhaps you should spend a some time looking at the phenomenon a little more critically.
Yes I am qualified because your responses proves my point. Let me ask you something. If a person heart was stopped, brain drained of the it's blood to repair an basilar artery aneurysm, and the brain was flat line, would you consider that person dead? I would say most physicians would say yes, the person is dead. The person heart was restarted and she had a full recovery, that is clinically coming back from death. Do you want to read the actual story?

Dr. Michael Sabom is a cardiologist who performed the surgery on Pam Reynolds (1956–2010). In 1991, here is a link that may interest you https://near-death.com/people-have-ndes ... rain-dead/
"Parts of the brain may still be alive after a person’s brain activity is said to have flatlined."

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... ing-brain/
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

SlingShot
Student

Post #36

Post by SlingShot »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:42 pm
SlingShot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:30 am [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #28]
The answers to your questions can be found on near-death.com.

My point is strictly from a circumstantial argument.
An unreliable argument.
Interesting, tell the people that have been convicted or crimes that circumstantial evidence shouldn't be considered.
Which is why, in debate, a claimant is expected to support their claims without expecting others to do their work for themyo.

No access to the information was given, if you decide not to review it that is your right.
To me I lean more towards continued spiritual existence beyond death, but that is just my opinion based on the research I have done.
So I ask for the supporting data regarding your opinion.

I can't post the hundreds if not thousands of pages of research that has been done. As I said, it is available, you must decide if you want to review it.
I also respect the skeptics' opinions and arguments because they do make some very valid points to consider. Just as those that believe can't prove their position, neither can those who don't believe.
As I respect that my own position in this matter could be faulty.
My opinions are not based on religious beliefs or lack of, but the evidence and testimonies presented on the above web site and others including a few medical journals.
So we seek to analyze this data you claim exists that supports your position that near death experiences are the product of having been dead for a time, then getting all jesusy.

Actually, the web site has reviewed experiences from both theist and atheist, most are ex atheist. I have also talked with people that had NDE and had no memory of the event.
Cheers
Have a great day, or night, whichever applies for your neck of the woods :wave:
You do as well.

SlingShot
Student

Post #37

Post by SlingShot »

"Parts of the brain may still be alive after a person’s brain activity is said to have flatlined."

That very well may be true, but undetectable. Reality is once the neocortex is dead most consider the person brain dead. Your point is well taken because there may be parts of the brain that an EEG doesn't record.

SlingShot
Student

Post #38

Post by SlingShot »

Compassionist wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:08 pm

Thank you for the link. I read the article. I am intrigued so going to do more research about this. Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_hypo ... ory_arrest and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_death if you want to know more about these topics.
I will read it, thank you. Yes I did forget to mention that her body temperature was lowered to 60 degrees. Thank you.

Cheers

Compassionist
Guru

Post #39

Post by Compassionist »

SlingShot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:38 pm "Parts of the brain may still be alive after a person’s brain activity is said to have flatlined."

That very well may be true, but undetectable. Reality is once the neocortex is dead most consider the person brain dead. Your point is well taken because there may be parts of the brain that an EEG doesn't record.
I agree. As the EEG cap is worn on the scalp, it can't record activities from deeper regions of the brain. So, even when there is no brain activity in the uppermost region of the brain, there can still be activities in the lower regions.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Compassionist wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:45 am
SlingShot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:38 pm "Parts of the brain may still be alive after a person’s brain activity is said to have flatlined."

I agree. As the EEG cap is worn on the scalp, it can't record activities from deeper regions of the brain. So, even when there is no brain activity in the uppermost region of the brain, there can still be activities in the lower regions.
Which would indicate those who experience "near death" weren't as near to it as they thought.

Death is an irreversible process by which once being it, folks stick to it like honey on a biscuit.

If someone has a better definition, I ain't aware of it.
-Punkinhead Martin