Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

JoeMama
Apprentice

Creation Contradiction Proves Errancy

Post #1

Post by JoeMama »

Creation Order Contradiction

The Old Testament authors of Genesis contradict each other regarding the order in which animals and man were created.

Animals Were Created First, Then Man

And God made the [animals] and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man. Genesis 1:25-27 (KJV)

Man Was Created First, Then Animals

According to the Genesis 2 author below, the Lord God felt that it was “not good” that Adam was “alone,” so he made all the animals to keep him company (and, later, woman). Here are the words:

18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam…”
Genesis 2:18-19 (KJV)

One author says one thing, the other one says the exact opposite.

Wootah
Savant

Re: Creation Contradiction Proves Errancy

Post #2

Post by Wootah »

I just read over it and I thought at this point.
Genesis 2
15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.
Seems to me it is saying at verse 19 God had formed already the animals and now he brought them before Adam.

It's not necessary to interpret vs 19 as you are that the animals were created after man.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tcg
Savant

Re: Creation Contradiction Proves Errancy

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

[Replying to JoeMama in post #1]