Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #2791

Post by myth-one.com »

Second Attempt:

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:18 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:25 pm Jesus was created in heaven eons before the earth was made. He came down from heaven to interact with mankind and follow through on his assignment to be a ransom sacrifice for our sins. (John 3:13) He has since gone back to heaven where he will stay, living in "unapproachable light" as Paul's letter to Timothy points out.
John 13:3
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Speaking about Christians, Paul wrote the following:

I Corinthians 15:49-50
And as we (Christians) have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;...

If man is a flesh and blood being, how can both of the verses above (John 13:3 and First Corinthians 15:49-50) be true?

Miles
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2792

Post by Miles »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:51 am
Miles wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:19 am

[need book, chapter, and verse]

Do people still read books?

Due to budget cuts, the school system in my state eliminated school books back in 2011.
We have three books left in our state school system: How To Behave And Why, Living With Chemistry, and Geometry for Toddlers. Although, the last has been heavily redacted.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2793

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:04 am

Second Attempt:

onewithhim wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:25 pm Jesus was created in heaven eons before the earth was made. He came down from heaven to interact with mankind and follow through on his assignment to be a ransom sacrifice for our sins. (John 3:13) He has since gone back to heaven where he will stay, living in "unapproachable light" as Paul's letter to Timothy points out.
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

And as we (Christians) have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;...

If man is a flesh and blood being, how can both of the verses above (John 13:3 and First Corinthians 15:49-50) be true?
I apologize....I don't understand how you cannot get the meaning of the resurrection. There are those who have a resurrection back to physical bodies, and there is a resurrection of the dead, perished anointed ones to life in spirit bodies which they will change into upon their being brought back to life. (ICorinthians 15:51,52) It has been mentioned that those people alive before Jesus came to Earth didn't have a spiritual resurrection hope. All of them will be raised in physical bodies. Job spoke of "flesh becoming fresher than in youth," so you know he had a physical resurrection hope.

"Let his flesh become fresher than in youth; Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor." (Job 33:25)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2794

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:55 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:04 am

Second Attempt:

I apologize....I don't understand how you cannot get the meaning of the resurrection. There are those who have a resurrection back to physical bodies, and there is a resurrection of the dead, perished anointed ones to life in spirit bodies which they will change into upon their being brought back to life. (ICorinthians 15:51,52) It has been mentioned that those people alive before Jesus came to Earth didn't have a spiritual resurrection hope. All of them will be raised in physical bodies. Job spoke of "flesh becoming fresher than in youth," so you know he had a physical resurrection hope.

"Let his flesh become fresher than in youth; Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor." (Job 33:25)

Resurrections:

1. Jesus was resurrected

2. All dead believers will be resurrected to everlasting spiritual bodied life at the Second Coming

3. All believers who are alive at the Second Coming will be changed to everlasting spiritual bodied life at that same time

4. At this point there will be no living human believers

5. All deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected as mortal human bodied beings a thousand years after the Second Coming

6. All resurrected human nonbelievers will then face judgment

7. Following judgment, those humans whose names are written in the Book of Life will be changed to everlasting spiritual bodied beings

8. Those humans whose names are not written in the Book of Life after the judgment are cast into the lake of fire and suffer their second and everlasting death -- never to live again

9. When the last resurrected human either becomes an everlasting spiritual bodied being, or perishes in the lake of fire, the age of man will be over -- as there will be no more human men.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2795

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #2794]

The Bible says differently. We'll just have to agree to disagree. OK? I and others have shown that the earth was made for physical people, and spirits are creations in themselves, made up of the Angelic population of the universe. No spirit people on the earth. Spirits stay in heaven (that includes God and His Son), and physical people inherit the earth, to enjoy all the pleasures that have been afforded us here on this beautiful planet.

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them....They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:6-9, KJV)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2796

Post by myth-one.com »

Resurrections:
  1. Jesus was resurrected

2. All dead believers will be resurrected to everlasting spiritual bodied life at the Second Coming

3. All believers who are alive at the Second Coming will be changed to everlasting spiritual bodied life at that same time

4. At this point there will be no living human believers

5. All deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected as mortal human bodied beings a thousand years after the Second Coming

6. All resurrected human nonbelievers will then face judgment

7. Following judgment, those humans whose names are written in the Book of Life will be changed to everlasting spiritual bodied beings

8. Those humans whose names are not written in the Book of Life after the judgment are cast into the lake of fire and suffer their second and everlasting death -- never to live again

9. When the last resurrected human either becomes an everlasting spiritual bodied being, or perishes in the lake of fire, the age of man will be over -- as there will be no more human men.
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:44 pm The Bible says differently.
Where does the Bible say differently?

Pick a number above and show where the Bible says differently.

We'll call it "debate."

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2797

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:44 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2794]

No spirit people on the earth. Spirits stay in heaven (that includes God and His Son), and physical people inherit the earth, to enjoy all the pleasures that have been afforded us here on this beautiful planet.
In comparing the buried or "sown" deceased body of Christians versus the body with which buried Christians will be resurrected, Paul states:

I Corinthians 15:44
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.

When Christians are resurrected with spiritual bodies, will we have to abandon the earth?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2798

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:44 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2794]

No spirit people on the earth. Spirits stay in heaven (that includes God and His Son), and physical people inherit the earth, to enjoy all the pleasures that have been afforded us here on this beautiful planet.
In comparing the buried or "sown" deceased body of Christians versus the body with which buried Christians will be resurrected, Paul states:

But earlier, Onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2764]
The Bible indicates that the earth remains forever (Eccles.1:4) and Jesus and his co-rulers will reign OVER the earth from heaven. (Rev.5:10) A spirit world will not be planted onto the earth when Jesus comes back. All the promises of heaven were for the anointed brothers of Jesus....the 144,000. The rest of mankind will live on the earth forever, and Jesus and his co-rulers will remain in heaven. A study of the complete Bible will aid our understanding. Cherry-picking scriptures does not help.
You state that all the promises of heaven are only for the 144,000.

And the rest of mankind will live on the earth forever.

Certainly, the rest of mankind will contain some resurrected Christians.

But these Christians were resurrected with spiritual bodies according to the scriptures.

You have these resurrected Christians who are not part of the 144,000 not allowed to go to heaven, and not allowed to live on the earth because they are spirits.

What becomes of them??

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2799

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:46 pm

When Christians are resurrected with spiritual bodies, will we have to abandon the earth?
All the Christians who are still on Earth after Armageddon and who have died, will be raised in a physical body. It is only the anointed co-rulers with Christ who have been raised in a spirit body.

144,000 -> spirit bodies

Billions of people on the earth -> physical bodies

Job looked forward to being resurrected with a physical body. "Let his flesh become fresher than in youth; let him return to the days of his youthful vigor." (Job 33:25)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2800

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:24 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:46 pm

All the Christians who are still on Earth after Armageddon and who have died, will be raised in a physical body.
Then what have they gained?