The Big Extraction

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

The Big Extraction

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

The so-called rapture terminates the church age with an impossible-to-ignore wake-up call. Assuming it's true; I've no doubt the world over will be awestruck and very badly shaken by the number of dead folks coming back to life seemingly out of thin air. We're talking about nigh unto 2,000 years of Christians from every era since the days of Christ. That's a significant number.

1Thess 4:16a . . For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God

The only archangel named in the New Testament is Michael (Jude 9) However, according to Daniel 10:13 there's more than one archangel so I think it would be a mistake to insist the archangel's voice in 1Thess 4:16 is Michael's.

The trumpet call of God is possibly relative to Rev 1:10-18. (cf. 1Cor 15:52)

1Thess 4:16b . . and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

* That incident is sometimes omitted from dramatized versions of the event.

"in Christ" is limited to folks who've undergone the Spirit's supernatural initiation rite per 1Cor 12:13 and Eph 1:13.

1Thess 4:17 . . .Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air,

That scene would be easier to picture were the Earth flat, but it's a huge sphere. So when those folks are taken up into the sky, I suspect they will form a sort of human Oort Cloud all 'round the world at first.

Their exact rendezvous location with the Lord is a bit of a mystery. It's been suggested they'll actually pass up thru the clouds and their assembly with the Lord "in the air" will take place above them.

FAQ: What if there are no clouds in some areas?

REPLY: I think we can expect adequate high altitude weather conditions for that one special day; it is after all a miraculous event.

* Folks left behind will very likely find themselves in immediate danger as wide spread chaos, confusion, fear, and calamity are happy hunting grounds for insurrection, looters, vandalism, hoarders, financial panic, and violent riots.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Re: The Big Extraction

Post #2

Post by WebersHome »

I am so looking forward to that rendezvous as cancer, combined with chemo and radiation, has emaciated me to the point where I resemble the half-dead Jews liberated from Dachau and Auschwitz.

I expect the event will be very noisy as thousands of voices fill the air with a deafening roar of laughter and cheers because those of us who lived our lives out to old age, enduring time's wasting process, along with injuries and diseases, will of a sudden find ourselves young and strong again.
_