Easter's Importance

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Easter's Importance

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

Of the two-- forgiveness vs. acquittal --I prefer acquittal because forgiveness leaves traces on the books, whereas acquittal leaves no traces.

For example; files are to be opened at the scene depicted by Rev 20:11-15. I've no doubt that quite a few of the "works" in those files are forgiven works; yet there they are to be reckoned with because the offender, though forgiven, wasn't acquitted-- roughly defined as an adjudication of innocence due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict.

Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to life for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" roughly pertains to a verdict of innocence which, in my estimation, is a whole lot better than a pardon.

* Note that Jesus' crucifixion alone wasn't sufficient to gain folks an acquittal, viz: had his crucified dead body not been restored to life, we'd all remain in very grave danger of facing justice at the great white throne event.

1Cor 15:17 . . If Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and you are still under condemnation for your sins.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Easter's Importance

Post #11

Post by WebersHome »

Along with the justification discussed in post No.1 is the opportunity for our own resurrections.

1Pet 1:3-6 . . Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-- kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

The salvation ready to be revealed in the last time is most likely the resurrection that Paul spoke of in Rom 8:23-25, 1Cor 15:12-57, and 1Thess 4:13-18. In other words; had not Jesus' crucified dead body been restored to life, his followers would've had no hope of bouncing back from death, i.e. his made theirs possible.
_