Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

JoeMama
Apprentice

Creation Order Contradiction

Post #1

Post by JoeMama »

Creation Order Contradiction

God made the animals and God said, Let us make man.
Genesis 1:25-27

The Genesis 1 author above said God made animals, then he made man. So, according to that author, man was never alone on Earth because animals were already on Earth when God made man:

However, the Genesis 2 author below said man definitely WAS alone:

God said, It is not good that the man should be alone
Genesis 2:18-19

Man could not have been alone if he was never alone. This is a self-evident contradiction.

Wootah
Savant

Re: Creation Order Contradiction

Post #21

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:56 pm
Wootah wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:08 pm In a normal situation that exception makes no sense.
I'm aware many Christians can't make sense of the words and ideas put before them. Dictionaries are a great tool for understanding what words mean, and after a bit of trying, you can take that knowledge and find out what a whole sentence means. Then once you've got understanding sentences down, you'll ask yourself why the fuss about paragraphs.

My point is that where you said or implied that it's better to be among humans than critters, there's exceptions that put the lie to the claim.

With that in mind, and after trying my best to explain the concepts involved, I'll ask again...

Would you rather pet a kitten, or be locked in a prison cell with a father raper?
A man being alone even though there are animals is not the same as being locked in a cage with a kitten or rapist.

A man being alone and having a normal animal as a companion is not an ideal replacement for a normal human.

edit: There are 8 billion of us apparently and people do feel alone. So debating that a cat or animal in Eden should make Adam not lonely is false.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #22

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:30 pm ...
A man being alone and having a normal animal as a companion is not an ideal replacement for a normal human.
Preciate that clarification. I offer all retractions that may apply.
edit: There are 8 billion of us apparently and people do feel alone. So debating that a cat or animal in Eden should make Adam not lonely is false.
I agree that we can't say someone is or ain't lonely just because nobody -human or animal- is or ain't around.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #23

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #22]

According to the text God was there and God still thought Adam was alone!?!
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #24

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:34 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #22]

According to the text dead folks hop up and head to the local watering hole. I wouldn't hold much stock in any of it.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #25

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:06 am

According to the text dead folks hop up and head to the local watering hole. I wouldn't hold much stock in any of it.
Yeah, but we are in a thread where the person is seeking to find a contradiction in the text. The truth of it to reality is less relevant to determining the truth within the text in context of the thread.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:24 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:06 am

Yeah, but we are in a thread where the person is seeking to find a contradiction in the text. The truth of it to reality is less relevant to determining the truth within the text in context of the thread.
I'd say Adam had no context other than his singular state, so likely never felt alone.
-Punkinhead Martin