OH. MY. GOD. YOU MUST READ THIS

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JoeMama
Apprentice

OH. MY. GOD. YOU MUST READ THIS

Post #1

Post by JoeMama »

If you haven't yet explored the wonders of Artificially Intelligent essay writing, Read about my first experience, below.

This morning I randomly upon a link to a Bing AI website which tempted users to use is AI software to virtually instantly creating essays. So, I asked it to create for me a Professional, Medium Length essay. I typed into the request/question box the following:

"Can you create for me an essay dealing with a Christian discovering that the Bible contains false teachings?"

I pressed the Send key and waited ten seconds. This is what was created:

"I was a devout Christian for most of my life. I believed that the Bible was the word of God and that it contained the truth about everything. I read it daily, studied it carefully, and followed its teachings faithfully. I thought I knew what it said and what it meant.

But then I encountered some challenges to my faith. I met people who had different beliefs and perspectives. I learned about other religions and cultures. I discovered new facts and evidence that contradicted what the Bible said. I realized that the Bible was not a reliable source of history, science, or morality. I found out that it had been written by human authors who had their own biases and agendas. I saw that it had been edited, translated, and interpreted in various ways over the centuries. I understood that it contained many errors, contradictions, and inconsistencies.

I felt betrayed and confused. How could I trust the Bible anymore? How could I base my life on something that was false? How could I reconcile my faith with reality? I had to face the hard truth: the Bible was not what I thought it was. It was not the word of God. It was not the truth. It was a human product that reflected human limitations and flaws.

I had to rethink everything. I had to question my beliefs and values. I had to find a new way of understanding myself and the world. It was not easy. It was painful and scary. But it was also liberating and enlightening. I discovered new possibilities and opportunities. I learned to think critically and independently. I developed a more open and tolerant attitude. I became more humble and compassionate.

I am still a Christian, but in a different way. I do not take the Bible literally or dogmatically. I do not accept everything it says without question or doubt. I do not use it as a weapon or a shield. I use it as a guide and a resource. I appreciate its wisdom and beauty, but also acknowledge its limitations and flaws. I respect its diversity and complexity, but also challenge its authority and relevance. I try to understand its context and meaning, but also apply my own reason and experience.

I do not have all the answers, but I have more questions. And that is okay. That is how I grow and learn."

AMAZING!

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: OH. MY. GOD. YOU MUST READ THIS

Post #2

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Well that makes one thing clear - AI is a TOOL OF THE DEVIL.

Savant

Post #3

Post by 1213 »

JoeMama wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:05 pm If you haven't yet explored the wonders of Artificially Intelligent essay writing, Read about my first experience, below.

This morning I randomly upon a link to a Bing AI website which tempted users to use is AI software to virtually instantly creating essays. So, I asked it to create for me a Professional, Medium Length essay. I typed into the request/question box the following:....
Did you have some debate question, or was this just random preaching? :D

Also, how could we know that was from the AI and not just your fantasy?

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #4

Post by TRANSPONDER »

1213 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:45 am
JoeMama wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:05 pm If you haven't yet explored the wonders of Artificially Intelligent essay writing, Read about my first experience, below.

This morning I randomly upon a link to a Bing AI website which tempted users to use is AI software to virtually instantly creating essays. So, I asked it to create for me a Professional, Medium Length essay. I typed into the request/question box the following:....

Can you prove that it wasn't? If you can't 100% prove it wasn't, then you must believe it was. That is how theist reasoning works, isn't it?

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to JoeMama in post #1
AMAZING!
Before allowing yourself to be amazed, you should remember that there's nothing new here. All of this has been expressed by human minds at one time or another for generations and it should be fairly easy for a computer program to gather cross-references to assemble such a collection of comments.

The only serious way to test AI is through direct, spontaneous dialogue on myriad subjects to find out how it responds.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #6

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:38 pm [Replying to JoeMama in post #1
AMAZING!
Before allowing yourself to be amazed, you should remember that there's nothing new here. All of this has been expressed by human minds at one time or another for generations and it should be fairly easy for a computer program to gather cross-references to assemble such a collection of comments.

The only serious way to test AI is through direct, spontaneous dialogue on myriad subjects to find out how it responds.
But there are far, far more theist responses for it to choose from if it was in any way saying truth. No, trust me and send me money, this Thing is of the Devil.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by JoeyKnothead »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:19 pm Well that makes one thing clear - AI is a TOOL OF THE DEVIL.
Well about that, you do you a dang fine job yourself.

:wave:
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I just don't see much of a fuss on this OP.

Nothing it says is really new, beyond the ability of an application to mimic human thought or speech patterns.

There's also the issue of a kinda leading topic.

Had the response been such as "Naw, he's up there and your prompt is goofy", then I might find me some astonishment.

Maybe someone can present it with a more neutral idea, and we can fuss from there.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by JoeyKnothead »

1213 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:45 am

If only for me, it matters less about the who said it, but for the truth it may contain.

As I read it, it just reads as anecdotal more than anything.

If science and fact won't disabuse theists of their beliefs, a chatbot dang sure won't.
-Punkinhead Martin