Just WHO is God?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MadJW
Student

Just WHO is God?

Post #1

Post by MadJW »

In world religion there all kinds of Gods.
I, personally, have examined most of them and found them lacking.
Then I come to 'Christian' religion, and find that the majority of them don't know God at ALL!
I think one can have a serious debate on THIS site!

The Bible= Jehovah (Name removed by most 'Christian' churches)
Churchianity= there's Three!

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Re: Just WHO is God?

Post #41

Post by WinkyDinky »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:54 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:45 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:25 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:29 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:39 pm [Replying to MadJW in post #1]
To answer the question:

God is the Father, YHWH (Jehovah). Jesus enunciated this in prayer to his God and Father: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3, KJV)
Do you worship Jesus?
Not in the sense that we worship Jehovah, the Father. Jehovah is worshipped as the only true God. Jesus is "worshipped" as God's Son and he receives the honor he deserves for fulfilling God's will on this earth. My dictionary defines "worship" as homage "to a person of importance--used as a title for various officials, e.g.." So if we "worship" Jesus, it is in relation to his obedience to Jehovah, and is a person of great importance. The highest form of "worship" we give to the Almighty God---the one and only true God, and no one else, the Father.
Do you worship Jesus? Yes or no? Either you do or don't.
Not like I worship the Father who alone deserves our worship as God Almighty.
It is written,
That all men should honour the Son,
even as they honour the Father.
He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

By your own words you have confessed you do not honor Jesus as you honor your God.

JumpingJackFlash
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by JumpingJackFlash »

MadJW wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:40 pm Just WHO is God?
God is Life.

The only people who give a lie any creditability are liars.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #43

Post by onewithhim »

WinkyDinky wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:50 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:54 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:45 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:25 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:29 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:39 pm [Replying to MadJW in post #1]
To answer the question:

God is the Father, YHWH (Jehovah). Jesus enunciated this in prayer to his God and Father: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3, KJV)
Do you worship Jesus?
Not in the sense that we worship Jehovah, the Father. Jehovah is worshipped as the only true God. Jesus is "worshipped" as God's Son and he receives the honor he deserves for fulfilling God's will on this earth. My dictionary defines "worship" as homage "to a person of importance--used as a title for various officials, e.g.." So if we "worship" Jesus, it is in relation to his obedience to Jehovah, and is a person of great importance. The highest form of "worship" we give to the Almighty God---the one and only true God, and no one else, the Father.
Do you worship Jesus? Yes or no? Either you do or don't.
Not like I worship the Father who alone deserves our worship as God Almighty.
It is written,
That all men should honour the Son,
even as they honour the Father.
He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

By your own words you have confessed you do not honor Jesus as you honor your God.
Oh yes we DO honor the Son. We just don't worship him as God. Jesus himself said that he was not looking for glory for himself but for his Father. His disciples reiterated that line of thinking.

"Let your light shine before men, that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens." (Matthew 5:16)

"I do not accept glory from men." (John 5:41)

"He that speaks of his own originality is seeking his own glory; but he who seeks the glory of him that sent him, this one is true, and there is no unrighteousness in him." (John 7:18)

"But I am not seeking glory for myself..." (John 8:50)

"If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father that glorifies me." (John 8:54)

So we can see from this handful of scriptures that Jesus is not glorified on a level the same as his Father, but his Father GIVES him the glory that he has.

Paul wrote: "Every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:11)

"Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever." (Philippians 4:20)