Other sheep - Little flock

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

Other sheep - Little flock

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

What Scripture says the “other sheep” are the great crowd?

What Scripture says the “little flock” are the 144,000?

I can find no Scripture that says “great crowd of other sheep,” nor can I find a verse which says the “little flock of 144,000.
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

MissKate13
Sage

Re: Other sheep - Little flock

Post #31

Post by MissKate13 »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:11 pm Dear MissKate13,

In your OP you said:

“What Scripture says the “other sheep” are the great crowd?

What Scripture says the “little flock” are the 144,000?

I can find no Scripture that says “great crowd of other sheep,” nor can I find a verse which says the “little flock of 144,000.”

These are great and very important questions!

After observing the various answers it is obvious that these are simply “private interpretations” of scripture and consist of the philosophies of man.

My response to your first question: There is absolutely no scripture that states that “the other sheep” spoken of by Christ “are the great crowd”.
Thank you for your response!

I Agree. No Scripture specifically says this.
It is self evident that Christ was sent unto only the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
I Agree
There is also no verse that states the “ “little flock of 144,000.”
I Agree
There is also no scripture that states “great crowd of other sheep,”
I agree. No Scripture says this.

Would you agree that “this fold” of John 10:16 is the Jews?

Would you agree that the Jews were to be a light to the Gentiles? (Acts 13:44-49)

Though Jesus was sent only to the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24), would you agree that Jesus provided salvation to the Gentiles and authorized His disciples to spread the good news throughout the world (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)?

Would you agree that the New Testament church is the one flock made up of both Jews (this fold) and Gentiles (other sheep) Romans 11:11-24?

See Ephesians 2:11-22

onewithhim
Savant

Post #32

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to MissKate13 in post #31]

Jesus is the light to the Gentiles and the Jews and every person on Earth. The Jews are no longer a light to anybody. They were responsible for Jesus' murder and have lost their Kingdom which Jesus sought to make them aware of. (Matt.21:43; Matt.23:37,38; Acts 4:10)

MissKate13
Sage

Post #33

Post by MissKate13 »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:12 pm [Replying to MissKate13 in post #31]

Jesus is the light to the Gentiles and the Jews and every person on Earth. The Jews are no longer a light to anybody. They were responsible for Jesus' murder and have lost their Kingdom which Jesus sought to make them aware of. (Matt.21:43; Matt.23:37,38; Acts 4:10)
The Jews of the first century were a light to the Gentiles. Jesus commanded His disciples saying,

“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Paul, a Jew, was an apostle to the Gentiles.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #34

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to MissKate13 in post #33]

Jesus and his disciples were a light to the world. He said to this followers: "YOU are the light of the world....Let your light shine before men, that they may see your find works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens." (Matthew 5:14,16)

He never said that the Jews were the light of the world. In fact, he condemned them for their hypocrisy.

Read chapter 23 of Matthew and you can see what Jesus thought of the Jewish religious leaders. ("Serpents, offspring of vipers!" Matthew 23:33)

MissKate13
Sage

Post #35

Post by MissKate13 »

onewithhim wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:07 pm [Replying to MissKate13 in post #33]

Jesus and his disciples were a light to the world. He said to this followers: "YOU are the light of the world....Let your light shine before men, that they may see your find works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens." (Matthew 5:14,16)

He never said that the Jews were the light of the world. In fact, he condemned them for their hypocrisy.

Read chapter 23 of Matthew and you can see what Jesus thought of the Jewish religious leaders. ("Serpents, offspring of vipers!" Matthew 23:33)
The apostles were Jews. Jesus said they were the salt of the earth and the light of the world.

Yes, there were some bad Jewish leaders, and Jesus condemned them for it. But there were also many good Jews who obeyed the gospel. Three-thousand Jews believed and were baptized on the day of Pentecost. Many more followed suit in the days following. They were lights to the world. The entire church in the first decade or two were Jews! The apostle Paul was a Jew and a light to the Gentiles.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #36

Post by MissKate13 »

Yes, no one would argue that Jesus is light to the world. I’m not saying the Jews are a light to the world NOW. I’m speaking about the first century. The apostles were ambassadors for Christ. They were Jews. They were to be lights to all nations. I think you may have misunderstood what I was referring to.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #37

Post by MissKate13 »

onewithhim wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:07 pm [Replying to MissKate13 in post #33]

Can you give a good Biblical reason for why the “other sheep” cannot be referring to Gentiles?

My disagreement with Watchtower is that they create two classes of Christians, where one rules over another. I don’t see a single Christian in the Bible who hasn’t been anointed. Can you point to one?

“Anointed” means to be chosen by God, and it means to be accepted by God. It means to be appointed by God, and to be consecrated by God. And it also means to be blessed by God. The original meaning of “anointed” is.. “to be made fat”. And so when it comes to being blessed by God, “anointed” means. to be “fattened” with God’s blessings. All Christians are anointed. Can you prove differently?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #38

Post by onewithhim »

MissKate13 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:18 pm

The Jews of the first century were a light to the Gentiles. Jesus commanded His disciples saying,

“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Jesus said that his disciples were the light of the world, not the nation of Israel.

Read the "Sermon on the Mount" again. Who was Jesus talking to? He was talking to people who would listen to him and who were interested in who he was, conversely to what the nation of Israel thought of him.

MissKate13
Sage

Post #39

Post by MissKate13 »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:32 pm
MissKate13 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:18 pm

Jesus said that his disciples were the light of the world, not the nation of Israel.

Read the "Sermon on the Mount" again. Who was Jesus talking to? He was talking to people who would listen to him and who were interested in who he was, conversely to what the nation of Israel thought of him.
We’re Jesus’ disciples Jews? Yes or no?

MissKate13
Sage

Post #40

Post by MissKate13 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #38]

Can you give a good Biblical reason for why the “other sheep” cannot be referring to Gentiles?

My disagreement with Watchtower is that they create two classes of Christians, where one rules over another. I don’t see a single Christian in the Bible who hasn’t been anointed. Can you point to one?

“Anointed” means to be chosen by God, and it means to be accepted by God. It means to be appointed by God, and to be consecrated by God. And it also means to be blessed by God. The original meaning of “anointed” is.. “to be made fat”. And so when it comes to being blessed by God, “anointed” means. to be “fattened” with God’s blessings. All Christians are anointed. Can you prove differently?