Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #2861

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:15 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2859]

All other things were made by Jesus, after he was created.
Not according to the scriptures:

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same (the Word) was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him (the Word); and without him (the Word) was not any thing made that was made.

Jesus is not even mentioned in the above verses.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2862

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:37 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:15 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2859]

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him (the Word); and without him (the Word) was not any thing made that was made.

Obviously the Word is Jesus. "The Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2863

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #2862]
It is an awesome thing that Jehovah would make sure that humans have what he purposed in the beginning---life on Earth in paradise conditions.

Isaiah 55:11 => "So my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

So God's Word that he spoke in the beginning to Adam would still be fulfilled even though Adam dropped the ball and turned against Jehovah. To be fulfilled: Genesis 1:26 & 28; Genesis 2:15.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2864

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:11 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #2862]
It is an awesome thing that Jehovah would make sure that humans have what he purposed in the beginning---life on Earth in paradise conditions.

Isaiah 55:11 => "So my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)

So God's Word that he spoke in the beginning to Adam would still be fulfilled even though Adam dropped the ball and turned against Jehovah. To be fulfilled: Genesis 1:26 & 28; Genesis 2:15.
What could be more comforting?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2865

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:54 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:11 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #2862]

What could be more comforting?
This interesting thread is getting no responses. Could the people here offer something of their views on this?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2866

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:24 am

John 1:

Obviously the Word is Jesus. "The Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)
Jesus Christ was a man:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So one man created "all other things" after He was created?

How does that work?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2867

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:36 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:24 am

John 1:

Jesus Christ was a man:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So one man created "all other things" after He was created?

How does that work?
Jesus was a perfect human while he was here on the earth. He was a man in every sense of the word, and a perfect one at that. He had created all other things before he came to the earth, billions of years previously, in fact.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2868

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:09 pm Jesus was a perfect human while he was here on the earth. He was a man in every sense of the word, and a perfect one at that.
Correct!

Jesus was a flesh and blood man.

Being a man, it was required that Jesus was born of the flesh as a product of two existing fleshy beings, because after the original creation of one man and one woman, further existence of the human race depended on procreation by other existing members of mankind:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; . . . . (John 3:6)

And indeed, Jesus was born of the flesh of Mary.

Additionally, every man will die once:

And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

And indeed, Jesus died as a man on the cross.
onewithhim wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:09 pmHe had created all other things before he came to the earth, billions of years previously, in fact.
How could He have created all other things billions of years ago since He did not even exist as a man until about 2023 years ago?

<==================================>

You are confusing Jesus with the Word again, and again, and again . . .

Jesus is not the Word. He was the Word made flesh as a Jewish man:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us... (John 1:14)

The Word is a spiritual bodied immortal being.

Man is a natural bodied mortal being.

You admit that Jesus was a man. No man is immortal.

Jesus was created for one purpose:

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (Hebrews 2:9)

Jesus was created for the purpose of dying.

He has completed that purpose.

For what other purpose does the Word made flesh need to continue to be a man?

They are different!!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2869

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:55 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:09 pm Jesus was a perfect human while he was here on the earth. He was a man in every sense of the word, and a perfect one at that.
Correct!

Being a man, it was required that Jesus was born of the flesh as a product of two existing fleshy beings, because after the original creation of one man and one woman, further existence of the human race depended on procreation by other existing members of mankind:
No, the Messiah was not to be born of two fleshy beings. The angel told Mary that she would give birth to the Son of God without her having relations with any man. It was a bonified miracle. (Luke 1: 30-35)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2870

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:55 pm
Correct!

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; . . . . (John 3:6)

And indeed, Jesus was born of the flesh of Mary.

Additionally, every man will die once:

And it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27)

And indeed, Jesus died as a man on the cross.
onewithhim wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:09 pmHe had created all other things before he came to the earth, billions of years previously, in fact.
How could He have created all other things billions of years ago since He did not even exist as a man until about 2023 years ago?
Because he existed as a powerful spirit person in the heavens with Jehovah and the angels who are also spirit Beings (John 4:24). He existed like this for billions of years. He came to Earth for 33 1/2 years and then returned to heaven where he is once again a spirit Person, living in "unapproachable light which no man has seen nor can see." (I Timothy 6:16)