Does Creation Itself Prove That God Did It?

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Skeptical
Apprentice

Does Creation Itself Prove That God Did It?

Post #1

Post by Skeptical »

Hello, all. I'm new to the forum and as you can tell by my screen name, I'm a bit of a skeptic, that is, a bit skeptical about religious beliefs. Therefore, I wanted to have a debate/discussion with Christians about whether or not creation itself actually proves the creative powers of God. And a Bible verse that came to mind says that creation itself makes that self-evident at Romans 1:20:

https://biblehub.com/romans/1-20.htm
New International Version
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Young's Literal Translation
for the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world, by the things made being understood, are plainly seen, both His eternal power and Godhead -- to their being inexcusable;
However, it would seem as if some things found in nature would demonstrate that God's invisible qualities and divine nature cannot be clearly seen and understood from what has been made since the creation of the world. And I'm not an expert in science, but I was going to bring up the example of the ring of fire and the Pangea and show this short little video:

But while looking for that video, I came across this 23 minute video and I had never heard anything like it before in my life:

I mean, there were a lot of assumptions and extrapolations, and a lot of things said that were not even remotely said in the Bible. And then there's the whole thing about how the all the dinosaurs were living in different continents before Noah's flood occurrenced. Because, I mean, what would have happened with all that if Eve hadn't have bitten that apple? :( Plus, one can only conclude that God decided to subject all of humankind to the horrors of the ring of fire by unleashing the flood of Noah's day because apparently, that was the best option that he could think of? :| It all just doesn't make sense to me. But does anyone else have any comments?

Skeptical
Apprentice

Re: Does Creation Itself Prove That God Did It?

Post #41

Post by Skeptical »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:02 am
Skeptical wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:47 pm
Athetotheist wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:28 pm [Replying to Skeptical in post #14
I've been a bit busy and I haven't had a minute to post. But I did look around a bit, but it didn't look as if there were any theists or believers around here. So, are there? And if not, how is it that this forum has debate forums? Because they would appear more like echo chambers to me.
I take a theistic position, though an unconventional one. Pertaining to this particular discussion, I don't base any of my arguments on the shape of Pangaea.
What do you mean?
I mean......just what I said.
Oh, got it.

Skeptical
Apprentice

Post #42

Post by Skeptical »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:44 pm [Replying to Skeptical in post #35]

What is yours it is your theory?
You first.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #43

Post by Clownboat »

EarthScienceguy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:44 pm [Replying to Skeptical in post #35]

What is yours it is your theory?
Doesn't even come close to answer the question asked of you:
"So, what do you believe is the mechanism for the starting of the movement of the plates or how the plates move under the pressure associated with the depths involved?"

You do the same when discussing evolution. You complain about the best explanation we currently have while not offering up anything else that we could consider in its place.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb