boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Clerical Child Abuse

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_on ... hild_abuse

Debate Topic: Causes of Clerical Child Abuse

Clerical child abuse is a pervasive issue that has shaken the Church, and the debate on its causes is an important aspect of the academic literature surrounding Catholic sex abuse cases. There are several causes attributed to clerical child abuse, including inadequate seminary training, psychology from previous decades, supply and demand theory, pedophilia and ephebophilia, and gay priests and homosexuality.

Some scholars argue that the promotion of a relativistic perspective on morality, where there is no absolute good or evil, contributed to clerical child abuse. Others argue that seminary training failed to prepare clergies for a lifetime of celibate sexuality, while others assert that the practice of returning pedophile priests to their positions in the clergy was due to the prevailing psychological theories of the time.

Some argue that the shortage of priests in North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand caused the Roman Catholic hierarchy to act in such a way as to preserve the number of clergy and ensure that sufficient numbers were available to serve the congregation despite serious allegations that these priests were unfit for duty. Scholars have also suggested the need to further study the differential variables related to ephebophile versus pedophile offenders.

Furthermore, there is an ongoing debate over whether gay priests and homosexuality play a role in clerical child abuse. The Holy See stated that the majority of Catholic clergy who had committed acts of sexual abuse against under 18-year-olds should not be viewed as pedophiles but as homosexuals. This statement has attracted criticism based on an interpretation that the document implies that homosexuality is associated with pedophilia and ephebophilia.

What seems obvious to me is that the Church almost creates it's own problem: it creates an isolated community with it's own rules (and even despises secular society), tells people they are sinners and welcomes those with sinful urges to join - and then, tells these people to tend to children.

A pedophile couldn't find a more obvious invitation: "Are you a sinner? Do you have evil thoughts? Come join the church and find love with Jesus! And help teach the children the love of Jesus. In Jesus's arms you will be forgiven! You will find peace, and you can help mold children in Jesus's image! Come! Come All Ye Faithful!"

Then, they tell these guys they have to be entirely celibate. What a total mindfreak.

Then look at some of the lyrics of Christian songs:
"Pour My Love On You"

[Verse 1:]
I don't know how to say exactly how I feel
And I can't begin to tell you what your love has meant
I'm lost for words
Is there a way to show the passion in my heart
Can I express how truly great I think you are
My dearest friend
Lord, this is my desire
To pour my love on You

[Chorus:]
Like oil upon your feet
Like wine for you to drink
Like water from my heart
I pour my love on you
If praise is like perfume
I'll lavish mine on you
Till every drop is gone
I'll pour my love on you

[Verse 2:]
Is there a way to show the passion in my heart
Can I express how truly great I think you are
My dearest friend
Lord, this is my desire
To pour my love on you
I think the Church has such a messed up view of sexuality. They fear it, yet can't deny that it's important - especially they can't seem to understand that there are very different ideas of what turns people on.

And that's just the sexual angle. The church has also been instrumental in violence towards children. They seem to advertise for clergy by saying, "Spare the rod, spoil the child! We're you abused and want to abuse children? Come to the Church! God has no problem with you beating the Lord into them. God practices 'tough love' on us, and gives us the authority to do the same! Join the church, beat children into submission, and be rewarded!"

Thoughts?
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Clerical Child Abuse

Post #2

Post by Purple Knight »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:11 am Thoughts?
If you don't let people have sex with women, they will try to have sex with children. A religious doctrine of celibacy is an example of letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

It's also the power dynamic. Boy scouts also has this problem. Anywhere there are children required to trust an adult in a private setting, you get paedophiles swarming that setting with the intention of molesting children. It's not entirely Catholicism's fault that people are so motivated to molest children that they'll pretend to be Catholics for years to do it. They'll pretend to be outdoorsy when they're not, too, and they'll go join boy scouts and molest children there.

If society at large is sending them paedophiles, then it's the government's job to help clean up the mess. This would probably work.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by boatsnguitars »

Purple Knight wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:24 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:11 am Thoughts?
If you don't let people have sex with women, they will try to have sex with children. A religious doctrine of celibacy is an example of letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

It's also the power dynamic. Boy scouts also has this problem. Anywhere there are children required to trust an adult in a private setting, you get paedophiles swarming that setting with the intention of molesting children. It's not entirely Catholicism's fault that people are so motivated to molest children that they'll pretend to be Catholics for years to do it. They'll pretend to be outdoorsy when they're not, too, and they'll go join boy scouts and molest children there.

If society at large is sending them paedophiles, then it's the government's job to help clean up the mess. This would probably work.
Education is also a magnet for pedos. The difference is that only one organization swears to be the source of all moral values, and swears that God is watching, and swears that the threat of Hell is true, and swears that they are bound by higher laws than of Man.
And while your point is completely valid ("they'll pretend"), those pedos were protected by the organization - for decades, and with complete awareness.

And one point of order:
"If you don't let people have sex with consenting adults, they will try to have sex with children."
― Omar Khayyâm

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by Purple Knight »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:27 amAnd one point of order:
"If you don't let people have sex with consenting adults, they will try to have sex with children."
Yeah. I'm alarmed by the fact that a lot of pederasts are otherwise straight men, though. To me at least, it makes the whole thing much more filthy. They don't want to have sex with consenting adult men, but they do want to rape little boys. It's like it's not their real sexuality, but something dark.
boatsnguitars wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:27 amEducation is also a magnet for pedos. The difference is that only one organization swears to be the source of all moral values, and swears that God is watching, and swears that the threat of Hell is true, and swears that they are bound by higher laws than of Man.
And while your point is completely valid ("they'll pretend"), those pedos were protected by the organization - for decades, and with complete awareness.
That's why I said it's "not entirely" the Church's fault. Really when you have an organisation that's infested like that, the burden falls where it's not really fair for it to fall, which is the parishioners - they should not be giving these organisations any money. They're not the ones raping children but there's no hope of a thoroughly rotten organisation like that to miraculously self-reform. It has to die. And the only way that happens is if people starve it.

This is where the faith thing becomes a huge problem. The forgiveness doctrine is just icing for Molesto to further fatten himself upon. The best we can hope for is for religious people not in leadership positions to realise that this child abuse is giving religion a bad name and ultimately damning peoples' souls when it causes people to turn away, so if they really believe their beliefs, they need to take steps to stop it, meaning starving the beasts, even if the beasts make them feel bad for doing it.

Maybe they can forgive Molesto, and also ask him to step down. And... stay away from their kids.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by boatsnguitars »

Makes me think of Emo Philips "I prayed for a bike, but realized God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked for forgiveness."

Christian priests be like, "I wanted to diddle little kids, but I realized the Law didn't work that way, so I became a priest and had the Church cover for me."

Not funny, tho.
― Omar Khayyâm

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by boatsnguitars »

Seems the Catholics aren't the only ones sweating. Now the Baptists are getting ahead of the problem they have: lots of sex abuse they supported and hid:
For six months, almost no one took notice of the brief filed quietly by Southern Baptists in a case winding its way to the Kentucky Supreme Court.

At the center of the case is a woman whose father, a police officer, was convicted in 2020 of sexually abusing her over a period of years when she was a child. The woman later sued several parties, including the Louisville Police Department, saying they knew about the abuse and had a duty to report it. Now, the state’s highest court is considering whether sex abuse victims can have more time to sue “non-perpetrators” — institutions or their leaders that are obligated to protect children from such abuse.

None of it appeared to have anything to do with the Southern Baptist Convention, the nation’s largest Protestant denomination. But in April, lawyers representing the denomination filed an amicus brief opposing expansion of the statute of limitations for lawsuits against third parties, including religious institutions.

The brief, reported by The Louisville Courier-Journal in October, landed like a bombshell in Southern Baptist circles. The organization has spent the last several years grappling with revelations that its national leaders suppressed reports of abuse and resisted reform for decades. The brief, abuse survivors and those critical of the church say, offers the first clear look at the church’s true position on whether its leaders can be held accountable for abuse.

It has led to a flurry of blistering reactions and efforts by S.B.C. leaders to distance themselves from the brief, which they characterize as a decision driven by lawyers. The brief says that the denomination has a “strong interest in the statute-of-limitations issue” in the case, and argues that a 2021 state law allowing abuse victims to sue third-party “non-perpetrators” was not intended to be applied retroactively.
Why would such a "moral" group of God-fearing men and rapists want to stop this lawsuit? Why would they want to support the people who support abuse?

We all know why. As it is said, the reason for the church is sex abuse. The rest is just decoration.
― Omar Khayyâm