John 10:27

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

Bobcat
Apprentice

John 10:27

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

27 “My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me.”

Only the sheep can hear correctly. But Christianity is so divided there is no way any are correct. That is how the world will be just as in the days of Noah when the son of man arrives.

Is it possible God intended it to be this way?

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: John 10:27

Post #2

Post by Purple Knight »

So be forewarned I'm an atheist. But I can be as charitable as possible and I enjoy the discussion.

The easiest fix for this, in my mind, is that everyone hears what they are supposed to hear, to do what they are supposed to do, and it's a The Plan thing, where you know when you disobey and it's not about Bob's truth or what Bob hears and maybe that's even the reason you're not to judge Bob and focus on yourself instead.

It's like when God hardened Pharaoh's heart, possibly because Moses needed to have that experience of defying unfairness and slavery to be the Moses that God wanted him to be.

Bobcat
Apprentice

Re: John 10:27

Post #3

Post by Bobcat »

Purple Knight wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:47 pm So be forewarned I'm an atheist. But I can be as charitable as possible and I enjoy the discussion.

The easiest fix for this, in my mind, is that everyone hears what they are supposed to hear, to do what they are supposed to do, and it's a The Plan thing, where you know when you disobey and it's not about Bob's truth or what Bob hears and maybe that's even the reason you're not to judge Bob and focus on yourself instead.

It's like when God hardened Pharaoh's heart, possibly because Moses needed to have that experience of defying unfairness and slavery to be the Moses that God wanted him to be.
There is no “fix”.

That verse is backed up by a number of verses such as; “If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple THEN YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH and the truth shall set you free.”

See, that verse shows again that there is a price to pay in order to correctly hear God’s word.