Billions of Years to Form a Bond and a Relationship

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Skeptical
Apprentice

Billions of Years to Form a Bond and a Relationship

Post #1

Post by Skeptical »

I know that Jehovah's Witnesses aren't the only non-Trinitarians Christians out there, therefore, this thread is for Jehovah's Witnesses and any non-Trinitarians. However, I will use Jehovah's Witnesses' Bible and website as a reference for this thread.

Therefore, Matthew 20:28 says:
Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister+ and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”
(Although I could have sworn that their Bible used to say a "corresponding ransom" at one time 🤔)

But anyway, I understand the whole concept of equal justice and exchanging the perfect human life of Jesus for the lost perfect life of Adam, however, I found a jw.org article titled A Corresponding Ransom for All (and with my luck, is probably outdated too 😟), which includes the ideas that:
4. Satan’s rebellion raised what issues?

4 God also had to settle other issues raised by Satan’s rebellion, issues of far greater significance than the human predicament. Satan cast a dark shadow across God’s good name by accusing Jehovah of being a liar and a cruel dictator who deprived his creatures of knowledge and freedom. (Genesis 3:1-5) Furthermore, by seemingly thwarting God’s purpose to fill the earth with righteous humans, Satan made God appear to be a failure. (Genesis 1:28; Isaiah 55:10, 11) Satan also emboldened himself to slander God’s loyal servants, charging that they served Him only out of selfish motives. If placed under pressure, boasted Satan, none of them would remain loyal to God!​—Job 1:9-11.

5. Why could God not ignore Satan’s challenges?

5 These challenges could not be ignored. If they were left unanswered, confidence in and support for God’s rulership would finally be eroded. (Proverbs 14:28) If law and order deteriorated, would havoc not reign throughout the universe? God thus owed it to himself and to his righteous ways to vindicate his sovereignty. He owed it to his faithful servants to allow them to demonstrate their unbreakable loyalty to him. This meant dealing with the plight of sinful humanity in a way that gave precedence to the paramount issues. He later told Israel: “I​—I am the One that is wiping out your transgressions for my own sake.”​—Isaiah 43:25.
Therefore, what I was wondering about was: When it came to the part concerning the match between the integrity between the perfect man Adam and the perfect man Jesus, was it really an even exchange since Adam who lived for maybe a few months with a relationship with God (who really knows), while Jesus, before he became Jesus, lived with God and had a relationship with God and bonded with God for billions of years? Anyone have any thoughts?

Skeptical
Apprentice

Re: Billions of Years to Form a Bond and a Relationship

Post #21

Post by Skeptical »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:10 pm
Skeptical wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:52 pm ...I could have sworn that their Bible used to say a "corresponding ransom" at one time...with my luck, is probably outdated too
What do you mean "at one time" ...If you don'tmind le asking ...are you an ex-Witness or a disfellowshipped person? I ask because you indicate you are familiar with our literature / translations from the past.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
No. But I did have home Bible study with them a long time ago. But I discontinued because I didn't think your religion was for me. Also, I've been to your Kingdom Hall churches before.

Skeptical
Apprentice

Re: Billions of Years to Form a Bond and a Relationship

Post #22

Post by Skeptical »

1213 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:58 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:11 am We believe that Adam and Eve were indeed created perfect since they were created by God who does nothing that is short of perfection (see Deut 32:4)
Ok, thank you, that is a good scripture in this case.
Same one I that used. 😏