Modern Day Prophets Vs the Days of Old

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

TheWordIsOne
Student

Modern Day Prophets Vs the Days of Old

Post #1

Post by TheWordIsOne »

A prophet of the 21st century, Will only Give pleasant words to their audience, they will pacify them, but a father, if the child commits a sin, the father will chastise and correct them, because it is the right thing to do, so the child turned away from wrongdoing.

A prophet of the 21st century will not correct its people, it will pacify them constantly, they will sin daily, and they will not receive correction, because of ignorance.

Then the people will remain in their sins, and the prophet failed to tell them the truth of their gravity.

If the prophet tells them the truth, they will ignore him, they will throw stones at him, they will curse him because now you will know what a true prophet is.

The promises are for those who confess their sins and keep the commandments of the Lord, the Lord gave us 10 commandments no one keeps the 10 commandments.

Then there will be those who will distort the word of the Lord, to please the audience instead of telling them the truth.

The People versus the Prophet
Isaiah 30:9That this is a rebellious people, Lying children, Children who will not hear the law of the Lord;

Isaiah 30:10 Who say to the seers, "Do not see," And to the prophets, "Do not prophesy to us right things; Speak to us smooth things, prophesy deceits.

Isaiah 30: 11 Get out of the way, Turn aside from the path, Cause the Holy One of Israel To cease from before us."

Isaiah 30: 12 Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel: "Because you despise this word, And trust in oppression and perversity, And rely on them,

Isaiah 30: 13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you Like a breach ready to fall, A bulge in a high wall, Whose breaking comes suddenly, in an instant.

The prophet despised forgiving the message of the Holy Spirit to the people in Isaiah 30:10

The people afraid of disasters will turn against the prophet.

The people blaspheming the Holy Spirit in Isaiah 30: 12

And the Lord said to me, "The prophet's prophecy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart.
Jer 14:14

Ezek 3: 17 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore, hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me:

Ezek 3: 18 When I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.

Ezek 3: 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your soul.

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
Mal 4:5

That's why the Spirit of Elijah will return, to put forth what people have failed to tell the truth.

That very same Spirit of Elijah will be manifest most likely in the person or Elijah himself.
Ezek 3: 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your soul.