Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

About Exoneration

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

~
Paroles and early releases leave one's criminal history on the books. That's not a good thing because those histories will be examined at the great white throne event depicted by Rev 20:11-15. It's crucial that people get their histories wiped prior to that day so that when the books are opened, it will look as though they've never been anything but innocent their entire lives. That way God will have nothing with which to accuse them.

Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to life for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" roughly pertains to a verdict of innocence due to lack of sufficient evidence to convict, viz: exoneration.

Note that Jesus' crucifixion alone wasn't sufficient to gain folks exoneration, viz: had his crucified dead body not been restored to life, we'd all remain in very grave danger of facing justice at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 where the lost will be forced to undergo the wrath of God via a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron. .

1Cor 15:17 . . If Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless, and you are still under condemnation for your sins.

FAQ: How might an interested party obtain this exoneration?

REPLY: Find a quiet moment. Cover your face with your hands for a sense of privacy and simply speak with God saying, in so many words:

"God, I'm a sinner with a lot to answer for. I would like to take advantage of your son's death and resurrection if I may. Thank You."
_

WebersHome
Guru

Re: About Exoneration

Post #2

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: How is it not a miscarriage of justice to allow folks to circumvent their responsibility simply by believing Jesus died for their sins and rose again?

REPLY: In some mysterious way that has thus far eluded my sense of fair play; God accounts Christ's followers as joint principals with him in his crucifixion.

Rom 6:3 . . Don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:8 . . We died with Christ,

Gal 2:20 . . I am crucified with Christ

And that's the way God much prefers sinners to face the wrath of God. The default alternative is the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 where those who fail to be accounted crucified with Christ will face the wrath of God via a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #1
FAQ: How might an interested party obtain this exoneration?

REPLY: Find a quiet moment. Cover your face with your hands for a sense of privacy and simply speak with God saying, in so many words:

"God, I'm a sinner with a lot to answer for. I would like to take advantage of your son's death and resurrection if I may. Thank You."
And that's a theological problem. Christian theology holds that the efficacy of the First Adam's sinful deed is automatic whereas that of the Second Adam's redemptive deed requires a condition. That makes the First Adam's deed mightier than the Second Adam's deed. To match the First Adam's deed, the Second Adam's deed shouldn't require anything; it should make redemption automatic, certainly for all generations coming after it.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #4

Post by WebersHome »

Athetotheist wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:01 amChristian theology holds that the efficacy of the First Adam's sinful deed is automatic, whereas that of the Second Adam's redemptive deed requires a condition.

Had you been born in Christ the first time instead of born in Adam, the efficacy of Jesus' redemptive deed would've been automatic.
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #4
Had you been born in Christ the first time instead of born in Adam, the efficacy of Jesus' redemptive deed would've been automatic.
What does it take to be "born in Christ the first time"? Does that apply to anyone?

WebersHome
Guru

Post #6

Post by WebersHome »

Athetotheist wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:23 pmWhat does it take to be "born in Christ the first time"? Does that apply to anyone?

It would be necessary to go back to the very beginning and have Jesus be the father of the human race instead of Adam.
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to WebersHome in post #6
It would be necessary to go back to the very beginning and have Jesus be the father of the human race instead of Adam.
So it doesn't apply to anyone, meaning that the supposed deed of Adam affected more than the supposed deed of Jesus did.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #8

Post by WebersHome »

Athetotheist wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:15 pmthe supposed deed of Adam affected more than the supposed deed of Jesus did.
Yes: and that's because the supposed effect of Adam's supposed deed is the default, whereas the supposed effect of Jesus' supposed deed is an option.
_

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Athetotheist »

WebersHome wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:58 am .
Athetotheist wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:15 pmthe supposed deed of Adam affected more than the supposed deed of Jesus did.
Yes: and that's because the supposed effect of Adam's supposed deed is the default, whereas the supposed effect of Jesus' supposed deed is an option.
_
Why couldn't Adam's deed be an "option"?

WebersHome
Guru

Post #10

Post by WebersHome »

Athetotheist wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:11 pmWhy couldn't Adam's deed be an "option"?

I am stumped-- even after 55 years of conscientious Bible study via sermons, Sunday schools, lectures, seminars, Christian books, and radio --how it's even remotely fair to condemn Adam's entire posterity for something he alone did with neither their knowledge nor their consent (Eve being the one exception). I expect that kind of justice from the likes of Kim Jong-Un and Xi Jinping, but from God? No; I just don't get it.
_