Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #291

Post by WebersHome »

1John 4:10 . . . God loved us when we didn't love Him, and sent His son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

The Greek verb for love in that passage speaks of benevolence sans any particular affection and/or fondness. This is the manner of love we're required to extend to everyone regardless of whether we like them or not.

In a nutshell, the love expressed in sending Christ to die for God's enemies was an act of gratuitous kindness, care, pity, courtesy, and sympathy which shouldn't be mistaken to indicate that He particularly likes any of us. In point of fact, God most likely detests a pretty large number of people for whom Christ died; yet He's not indifferent to their safety because God is basically a neighborly sort of person. (Matt 5:44-48)

BTW: If perchance you haven't already; take a moment to speak with God and tell Him you'd like to take advantage of His son's death.

Immigration Update: 2,031 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 123,496,986 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #292

Post by WebersHome »

Zech 1:5 . .Where are your forefathers now? And the prophets, do they live forever?

My own father is gone, and the great preacher Billy Graham; he's gone too. My favorite rock and roll guitar player during the years I was a teen-ager was Chuck Berry. He's gone. When I was a sophomore in high school, me and a buddy went to see "The Blob" starring a rather unknown actor at the time named Steve McQueen. He's gone. My eldest brother entered the Catholic priesthood and anon became a Friar. He's gone. My bestest friend ever, whom I'd known since the 2nd grade in elementary school, is gone too; shot to death by law enforcement at only 37 years old.

There's hardly a month goes by without someone passing away that at one time was very important to me; a constant reminder that nobody lives forever and neither will I. At my current age of 79, and diagnosed with esophageal cancer, I'll be passing away not too long from now. Most of my life has already been lived and I'm in the home stretch; heading for the exit. When I was a youngster, life's horizon seemed forever far away; but now, looking at my deteriorating body, it seems I'm walking on the horizon's edge.

Immigration Update: 2,038 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 123,922,628 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #293

Post by WebersHome »

I would like it very much if my friends, associates, and loved ones down in Hades were allowed visitor days in the afterlife because after they're transferred to the lake of fire depicted at Rev 20:11-15, I may never get to be with them ever again.

Christians are sometimes asked how they can possibly be happy in Heaven while aware that their loved ones are imprisoned in an eternity of suffering. Well; Rev 21:4 predicts there will neither sorrow nor tears in the future cosmos, apparently made possible by starting over from scratch and leaving all else behind, including memories of the past.

Rev 21:5 . . He who was seated on the throne said: I am making everything new! Then he said: Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.

* It could be that we will forget our favorite people, but they will never forget us.

Immigration Update: 2,043 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 124,226,658 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #294

Post by WebersHome »

In the story told at Luke 16-19-31, the beggar Lazarus died and was carried by angels to the afterlife. Curiously, the rich man's transportation isn't specified.

One of the most disturbing scenes I've yet to observe in a Hollywood movie occurs in "GHOST" starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. When someone marked for the wrong side of the afterlife passes away, these eerie phantoms emerge, having the appearance of black oily smoke, uttering awful moans, and drag their panic-stricken captives down into the ground.

I don't know if that's how the rich man in Luke's story was transported, but if so; I can well imagine just how shocking and horrifying it must've been for him at death to suddenly be able to see menacing spirit creatures surrounding him with looks on their faces that could only convey but one unmistakable intent; and I suspect those sinister beings had been hovering around that poor man and stalking him every day and night of his entire life without him knowing it and patiently waiting for the green light to take him down.

So, I wonder if the angels that provided Lazarus transportation were not also assigned as security to protect him from being shanghaied by something similar to those dark mists.

Immigration Update: 2,045 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 124,348,270 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #295

Post by WebersHome »

Matt 5:8 . . Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

A rough-hewn definition of "pure in heart" is when someone is the same on the inside as they are on the outside; which is just the opposite of dissembling; defined as: to put on a false appearance, i.e. conceal facts, intentions, or feelings under some pretense.

Dissembling is a very common form of dishonesty which is practiced by just about everybody at one time or another. Most of us do not always want others to know what we are actually thinking and/or feeling about certain things. The very opposite of that is transparency, which most of us want from others, but prefer not to reciprocate with transparency of our own.

Here's a really good example of someone pure in heart.

"When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, "Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false." (John 1:47)

Jesus was pure in heart too.

"No deceit was found in his mouth." (1Pet 2:22)

I think we may safely assume there are no exceptions to the sixth beatitude, i.e. no one is exempt; sincerity and forthrightness aren't optional with God; they're mandatory.

"Who may ascend into the hill of The Lord? And who may stand in His holy place? He who has . . a pure heart . . he shall receive a blessing from The Lord." (Ps 24:3-5)

Immigration Update: 2,053 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 124,834,718 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #296

Post by WebersHome »

I obtain quite a bit of useful information from YouTube; for example how to replace a microwave oven motor, resolve a computer issue, and/or adjust an electric guitar's intonation.

I also tour the world with YouTube, visiting amazing man-made wonders and natural wonders too. I will likely never travel and get to see those wonders for myself as they really are before I'm dead; but out ahead is coming a one-thousand year era on Earth wherein I've no doubt there will be plenty of opportunity to see everything in the next life that I missed in this one.

Rev 20:6 . . Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

I suspect that God is keeping a massive, fully comprehensive library that can satisfy all my curiosity-- an archive of information far exceeding the contents of the great library of Alexandria. For example: how did the ancient Egyptians build the pyramids? How did the people of Easter Island move those massive stone heads into position? Is there an end to space; and if so, what's on the other side? Things like that; but also nature's secrets too. How did nature fashion those remarkable rock formations in Utah? Or carve out the Grand Canyon?

There are many mysteries like those that I sincerely hope to find answers to some day. But people in Hell won't be allowed access to God's library. They will never get answers to their deepest questions about the cosmos; nor be allowed to travel to all the exotic places on Earth that they missed in this life before passing on to the next.

Another benefit to the coming era is safety. I will have nothing to fear from the animal kingdom like I do now, and plus; those of us who make the cut will be immortal; so we won't fear heights, nor speed, nor any other risk. I love to explore, but don't like to explore places that might cost me my life, lose an eye, or put me in a wheel chair. Well; in the future, I'll be able to explore every corner of the globe to my heart's content in perfect safety and thoroughly enjoy myself without worrying about hazards associated with the journey like piranha, head hunters, frost bite, hypothermia, violent storms, hijackers, terrorists, bandits, and/or shipwreck.

One thing that prevents many of us from touring the world is old age. Well, diminished capacity will never again be a factor dictating what I can eat and drink, were I can go, nor whether I can make it.

Rev 20:5-6 . . But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power.

People in Hell are not only in terrible discomfort, but they're also missing out on the pleasures of adventure, discovery, and exploration; which are three very stimulating activities that, just about everybody I've ever met would agree, make one's existence worthwhile.

Immigration Update: 2,059 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 125,199,554 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #297

Post by WebersHome »

Writing to the Christians in Colossi, the apostle Paul said:

"Do not lie to each other since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator." (Col 3:9-10)

Humanity's original self began its created existence in the image of God (Gen 1:26-27). In other words; Adam started off as an honest man. Clearly then; dishonesty doesn't reflect the image of God, rather, it reflects the Devil's image. (John 8:44)

The Greek word translated "renewed" basically means to renovate; defined by Webster's defines as: (1) to restore to a former better state (as by cleaning, repairing, or rebuilding), and (2) to restore to life, vigor, or activity, i.e. revive.

The word appears in only one other place in the entire New Testament at 2Cor 4:16, which says:

"Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."

Sometimes renovation requires demolition and beginning all over again from scratch, In other words: total regeneration.

The Greek word translated "knowledge" basically refers to recognition, i.e. acknowledgement, viz: discernment.

Reconstruction of one's innermost being-- especially the conscience --is essential because humanity's intuitive knowledge of what's acceptable and what's unacceptable is unreliable due to the forbidden fruit incident portrayed in the third chapter of Genesis.

This relates to one of the tragedies of Hell. People down there never gave God an opportunity to overhaul their spiritual condition; so now they're no better as persons in the afterlife than they were in this life. After all is said and done-- after the big judgment of Rev 20:11-15 is completed, and the new cosmos of Rev 21:1 is up and running --Christ caps everything by announcing:

"Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile." (Rev 22:10)

In other words: people who end up on the wrong side of things will remain just as much in need of renovation there as they were here-- but it won't be available.

Immigration Update: 2,064 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 125,503,584 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #298

Post by WebersHome »

Matt 22:36-40 . . Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The Greek verb translated "love" doesn't necessarily imply either affection and/or fondness. It's just as much about the way we treat our fellow men as our personal feelings about them. This is the kind of love that we ought to be extending to everyone-- friend, foe, family, and stranger alike. It's the very same love that Jesus taught in Matt 5:44 which reads:

"You have heard that it was said: You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy. But I say to you, love your enemies,"

In other words; you don't especially have to like your neighbors, you family, and/or your enemies, but you do have to be benevolent, i.e. courteous, kind, charitable, tolerant, patient, diplomatic, tactful, gentle, reasonable, fair, deferential, cordial, genial, affable, sociable, helpful, thoughtful, sympathetic, considerate, and cooperative, etc. And of course those all apply to the way that people associate with God too because the same Greek verb is used of loving God as loving one's neighbors and enemies.

The above tells me that quite a few people are on the road to Hell simply because their manners are uncivil, and insufferable, with both God and Man, viz: they not only aren't nice to their fellow men, but they aren't even nice to God-- they don't care about marginalizing Him, tuning Him out, insulting Him, chafing Him, and/or hurting His feelings. In other words: the most important of all the commandments bounces off their thick skulls like a banana thrown at a Russian tank.

Immigration Update: 2,069 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 125,807,614 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #299

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Dude joins a debate site, then only presents arguments (preaching) far away from where challenges are allowed.

What a joke of a religion.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

WebersHome
Guru

Post #300

Post by WebersHome »

John 18:37-38 . . Everyone who is of the truth hears my voice. Pilate said to him: What is truth?

Pilate's question was meaningful in his day because ancient philosophers perpetually discussed and debated the nature of truth without ever achieving a unanimous decision about it.

Well; one of Webster's definitions of "truth" is: a state of being the case; viz: fact; which Webster's defines as the quality of being actual. In other words: truth is the way it is; viz: truth is reality as opposed to speculation, fantasy, opinion, error, inaccuracy, inexactness, theory, imagination, and false impressions, etc.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.

Bohemian Rhapsody, QUEEN 1975

Immigration Update: 2,077 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 126,294,062 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_