Do Christian babies all gain entry to Heaven?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

oldbadger
Guru

Do Christian babies all gain entry to Heaven?

Post #1

Post by oldbadger »

This my question:-

If a Christian infant dies, will it automatically gain entry to Heaven?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Do Christian babies all gain entry to Heaven?

Post #121

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Purple Knight wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:46 pm

Even so there might not be enough adults to take care of them all...
I'm not following. Every baby came out of a mother. If the parents are resurrected (which they probably will be) it's just a matter of giving any children they had that died early back to their parents. It seems to me if a couple had 20 children and all 20 died before adulthood, then they will be pretty busy but that was their choice. (If someone did have so many children to raise I doubt if they would all be resurrected at the same time...) And besides how many women give birth to 20 babies !?

Anyway I don't pretend to know the logistics of it (that's why we have government) but I'm sure Jesus government can work out the rollout of the resurrection with no problem. ....

LUKE 8 : 49-56

...a representative of the presiding officer of the synagogue came, saying: “Your daughter has died; do not bother the Teacher any longer.”+ 50 On hearing this, Jesus answered him: “Have no fear, only have faith, and she will be saved.”+ 51 When he reached the house, he did not let anyone go in with him except Peter, John, James, and the girl’s father and mother. ... he took her by the hand and called to her: “Child, get up!”*+ 55 And her spirit+ returned, and she rose immediately,+ and he ordered that something be given her to eat. 56 Well, her parents were beside themselves.but he instructed them to tell no one what had happened.

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

THE EARTHLY PARADISE , THE MILLENIUM and ... BABIES & CHILDREN
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat May 27, 2023 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

oldbadger
Guru

Post #122

Post by oldbadger »

tam wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:28 am Peace to you,

He didn't. That is what they interpret.
That can be a problem, tam. If a anybody begins to tell me about 'what Jesus really meant' then I mistrust what they say next.
Jesus meant what he said, so all that needs to be reviewed is who wrote that and do they seem to have any agenda.
One becomes Christian upon receiving holy spirit (making that person an anointed one; one who is anointed with holy spirit). Christ never used the word 'Christian', but He did breathe holy spirit upon His apostles, then later upon the people at Pentecost, then later upon Cornelius and his household. That is the baptism of holy spirit (the baptism of fire) that Christ performs. Luke 3:16, Acts 1:5
I don't believe that Jesus was around in any part of Acts, and Luke 3:16 reports what the Baptist claimed would happen, and as you know he later had to send his disciples to Jesus to ask him who he really was.

Holy spirits and holy breath ................. nobody has ever proved the existence of these. These kinds of claims cause me to think of other ancient and primitive beliefs.
[I provided scriptural examples of entire households being saved (as were once pointed out to me), including the direct correlation of the blood of the lamb on the doorposts in Israel saving every person in that house from Death. Christ is Himself the Passover lamb.
...which reminded me of the Abrahamic God and stories of his mass killings of infants.

Remember, the faith of Abraham saved his entire household. Same with Noah. Same with Rahab. Same with the people in Israel (the entire house was covered, every person within that house protected when Death passed over the land).
Hope that helps.
...each time that death passed over the land, it was caused by the God that you believe in.

I think that all such tragedies are natural, and that mankind lives under the rules of Mother Nature.
Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing, or would you like to acknowledge the above examples?
I do come here to debate, tam, and I am a Deist...... have you ever acknowledged any part of Deism?
Most of your examples have shown me that the God that you believe in would be a mass murderer if he had really existed.
Do they now?

I desire mercy, not sacrifice. - Hosea 6:6

He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does [the LORD] require of you but to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
Tammy, I quoted the words of Jesus and so you showed where they had been spoken before........ as if Jesus had pretended he had initiated them.

Mostly every word and phrase that we speak has been uttered or writ large before. Jesus meant what he said.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #123

Post by Purple Knight »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:49 pmI'm not following. Every baby came out of a mother.
1. She'll have to then take care of her dead babies, as babies, all at once. In life she took care of one at a time, then it died, then she had another, then that one died, then she had another, and eventually a barely-replacement-level amount of them lived. Roughly par for the course, before technology.
2. According to what I take from this conversation, the mother might be wicked but the baby is incapable of being so, so there might be a huge surplus of babies.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #124

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Purple Knight wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:40 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:49 pmI'm not following. Every baby came out of a mother.
1. She'll have to then take care of her dead babies, as babies, all at once.
She didn't have them "all at once" so why would she will be given them all back "all at once"?
Purple Knight wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:40 pm In life she took care of one at a time....
In what universe does this poor fictional woman live , where people don't raise multiple children at the same time? I'm sure if any parents would like to receive their children back spaced out Jesus will do so...God is good and wants his people to be happy, not overwhelmed. But really, a big family can be a blessing ...

Purple Knight wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:40 pm 2. According to what I take from this conversation, the mother might be wicked but the baby is incapable of being so, so there might be a huge surplus of babies.
Did you read where I pointed out that practically everyone will be given a resurrection? What is the percentage of incorrigible murderous child abusers? 0.001%? Certainly small enough for any of their children to be adopted by loving parents.

Seriously, I don't see any logistical problem that is unsurmountable in this regard ...
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #125

Post by myth-one.com »

oldbadger wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:32 am This my question:-

If a Christian infant dies, will it automatically gain entry to Heaven?
If any infant believes in Jesus Christ as their Savior, they will gain everlasting life in the Kingdom of God:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Whosoever would include infants. Realistically, the answer is no.

<============== Here is how deceased infants may inherit the Kingdom of God ===================>

All deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected a thousand years after the Second Coming as humans once again, and face judgment.

Deceased infants will be included in this group. The resurrected infants will grow up, be taught the good news, and make their personal decision to believe or reject Jesus as their Savior at that time.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #126

Post by JoeyKnothead »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:04 pm ...
All deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected a thousand years after the Second Coming as humans once again, and face judgment.

Deceased infants will be included in this group. The resurrected infants will grow up, be taught the good news, and make their personal decision to believe or reject Jesus as their Savior at that time.
Notice here how the options are framed. You either believe in Jesus, or you've rejected him.

This really paints a petty, shallow picture of belief being compulsory in order to gain 'salvation' from the wrath of a jealous god.

I can believe the entire story of Jesus, resurrection and all, but if I disbelieve his ability to save me from a bully of a god, to the bully's office I am sent.

This is a disgusting means of getting folks to believe that which can't be shown to be true.

I have absolutely no control over what I believe. I look at the lack of evidence, the lack of facts, and I conclude there's no reason to believe. For that, I risk punishments great or small, depending on who it is trying to get me to believe their ridiculous biblical claims.

A god that'd punish me for not believing is no god worthy of worship.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #127

Post by myth-one.com »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:19 pm A god that'd punish me for not believing is no god worthy of worship.
Hi, Joey!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Where is any punishment mentioned?

Believers gain everlasting life and nonbelievers perish.

It's more a question of whether you desire to participate in everlasting life or opt out of everlasting life. And God will honor either choice.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: (Deuteronomy 30:19)

God recommends choosing everlasting life, but will honor either choice.

And opting out is OK. Death is the absence of life, and the dead know not any thing. You will not even know that you're dead.

But once one accepts everlasting life, there is no longer an exit door out of everlasting life. Something made immortal can no longer perish. And that should be taken into consideration, because the wages of sin in the everlasting spiritual world are infinitely greater that in the physical world. Look at the devil, for example:

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:7-10)

The devil cannot be killed because he is a spirit. The fire and brimstone are not for him, but are there to kill humans which shall be cast into the lake and immediately suffer their second and everlasting death. It is the devil who will be tormented day and night for eternity, not the human nonbelievers who perish! This cannot be physical torture since the devil's spiritual body does not feel pain. It is the torment of knowing he failed, being defeated, seeing lowly humans being upgraded to take his place, never being given another opportunity, separation from the Kingdom of God, etc. He has rebelled, been defeated, and lost his freedom and authority for eternity.

Bored, bored, bored, for eternity!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #128

Post by JoeyKnothead »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:23 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:19 pm A god that'd punish me for not believing is no god worthy of worship.
Hi, Joey!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Where is any punishment mentioned?

Believers gain everlasting life and nonbelievers perish.
I must confess I reverted back to my prior understanding, developed through just growing up around it all. I'd forgotten your clearer reading.

Retractions where necessary.

I'll say it again, I find your take on things biblical about as rational as they can get.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Post #129

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #127]

"For God so loved the world, that he didn't indulge in ridiculous charades and mind games but revealed himself unambiguously to all so that they could believe in him and not perish, but have everlasting life."
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #130

Post by Purple Knight »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:06 amShe didn't have them "all at once" so why would she will be given them all back "all at once"?
If people don't have to be resurrected all at the same time, that pretty much solves that, and the only other good objection is solved if you don't think most adults will be saved.