The Jew Problem

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Conversator
Student

The Jew Problem

Post #1

Post by Conversator »

It fascinates me how Christians and Muslims want the religion of the Jews, but without the Jews. They'll write ten thousand books to explain why the Jew is damned, whilst they, the holy exemplars of the Jew's God, are blessed. I simply can't ignore this, as some courtesy to etiquette. Let's actually discuss this. 1st Thessalonians 2:15,16 " ...The Jews killed the lord Jesus and the prophets... they do not please God, and are hostile to ALL men... wrath is upon them to the utmost." Galatians 5:12 " I wish they ( the Jews) would castrate themselves." Surah 5:64 " the Jews...are cursed... they love to make mischief in the Earth." I find it curious. Shouldn't God be the focus of religion? If God's enemy is the focus of religion, should it even be called a religion? ( In fairness, my dear Muslim brothers and sisters have disavowed much of the hateful rhetoric in their Hadiths. And have been a force of good in this world, and will no doubt have a cherished place in the glorious world to come) I've often joked with my Muslim brothers that the only reason their book says bad stuff about us and our book says nothing bad about Muslims, is because they came after us. If they came first, our book would say bad stuff about them, but their book would have nothing bad about us. They know that and we do too :P
Last edited by Conversator on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
I prefer Coca-Cola

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: The Jew Problem

Post #31

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelations won wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:17 pm

You claim the this was “beautiful and perfect in its day but is now all used up and old. But is now “worn out they are only fit for the trash.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Yes, so? God doesn't change but we do. In the Garden of Eden there was only one law. Then by Moses time there were hundreds. Later after Christ there were two principle laws. God is not rigid and unreasonable, he is flexible and understanding and adaptable.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: The Jew Problem

Post #32

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelations won wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:17 pm
That they no no longer need to keep the “Ten Commandments”.

Anyone that wishes to keep the Ten Commandements is free to do so. True Christians, however know that all of the Mosaic Law has been abolished and to please God all people have to do is observe Christian law and principle.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8