For JW's

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

For JW's

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Do you consider other Christians to be "unsaved" and on the road to annihiation for worshiping Jesus? And not being members of the Jehovah's Witness organization?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: For JW's

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

What do you mean by "unsaved". It's not an expression I believe I have ever read in any of our literature and not a word I have come across outside some evangelical circles, so I hesitate to put a meaning to it and say "yes" or "no". I suspect it has something to do with eternal damnation.

As for whether one is considered "on the road to annihiation for worshiping Jesus?" No I wouldn't say that that would be what would put someone on a "road to annihilation". We are all born on the road to death or annihilation by reason of Adam's sin, Jehovah's Witnesses believe only Jesus is "the way" to escape that Adamic sin.

And not being members of the Jehovah's Witness organization? Jesus spoke of two roads, one leading to life and the other to death. It is The True God (not an organization) that that road leads to. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that those that God judges as worthy of life along with millions that never got a chance during their lifetimes to learn about the True God will be given the chance to and gain life, through that one.

What role does the organization (religion) of Jehovah's Witnesses play in the above? The modern day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has not always existed, but in our modern era, Jehovah has seen fit to gather his people together to better care for their spiritual and physical needs. Jehovah's Witnesses represent the only true religion on earth at this moment, and the means by which millions are being taught about the true God, by learning about (and worshipping) God they put themselves in line for life.

As for who will ultimately get eternal life? ALL will be judged by Jesus, both inside and outside the organization, Jehovah's Witnesses will never presume to say who will be judged favorably, we only point people towards the only reliable source of accurate information about God (the bible) and the only religion teaching the truth by which they can learn about the True God (Jehovah's Witnesses) and leave the matter of "annihilation" in the hands of He who controls such matters.

Hope that helps,

Further reading
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009560

Jehovah's Witness

RELATED POSTS
Do Jehovahs Witnesses believe theirs is the only true religion?
viewtopic.php?p=862968#p862968

Did Jesus indicate that the many people professing to be Christians will be counted as such by him?
viewtopic.php?p=838304#p838304

What role does religion play in salvation?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 44#p799144

Do Jehovahs Witnesses condemn people of other faiths?
viewtopic.php?p=854020#p854020

Does the fact that Jehovah's Witnesses believe their religion is true mean they feel or display contempt for non-Witnesses?
viewtopic.php?p=862978#p862978

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES , THE TRUE RELIGION and ...EXCLUSIVITY OF SALVATION
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Elijah John
Savant

Post #3

Post by Elijah John »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

What do you mean by "unsaved". It's not an expression I believe I have ever read in any of our literature and not a word I have come across outside some evangelical circles, so I hesitate to put a meaning to it and say "yes" or "no". I suspect it has something to do with eternal damnation.
It could mean either. Annihilation or eternal damnation in hell.
JehovahsWitness wrote: As for whether one is considered "on the road to annihiation for worshiping Jesus?" No I wouldn't say that that would be what would put someone on a "road to annihilation". We are all born on the road to death or annihilation by reason of Adam's sin, Jehovah's Witnesses believe only Jesus is "the way" to escape that Adamic sin.
You have that in common with Evangelicals, literalists, and Fundamentalists.
JehovahsWitness wrote: And not being members of the Jehovah's Witness organization? Jesus spoke of two roads, one leading to life and the other to death. It is The True God (not an organization) that that road leads to. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that those that God judges as worthy of life along with millions that never got a chance during their lifetimes to learn about the True God will be given the chance to and gain life, through that one.
Is there Scriptural support for this belief in a 2nd chance?
JehovahsWitness wrote: What role does the organization (religion) of Jehovah's Witnesses play in the above? The modern day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has not always existed, but in our modern era, Jehovah has seen fit to gather his people together to better care for their spiritual and physical needs. Jehovah's Witnesses represent the only true religion on earth at this moment, and the means by which millions are being taught about the true God, by learning about (and worshipping) God they put themselves in line for life.
I will grant you this. I think you folks have the most accurate interpretation of the New Testament, with the exception of the whole "Jesus is Michael the Archangel" doctrine, and speculation about the details of the end times.

But on the nature of Jesus being completely human, and the Pauline blood theolgy, It seems you folks are spot-on Biblical.

Doesn't mean I agree, because of my own issues with portions of the NT. I admit they are my positions, based on my own interpretations of the NT in light of the OT/Hebrew Bible.

But as it it written, you folks seem more accurate in your interpretation than does orthodox, (small "o") conventional or Creedal Christianity.

Also, don't Christadephians share simliar beliefs, as to the nature of Christ etc?
JehovahsWitness wrote: As for who will ultimately get eternal life? ALL will be judged by Jesus, both inside and outside the organization, Jehovah's Witnesses will never presume to say who will be judged favorably, we only point people towards the only reliable source of accurate information about God (the bible) and the only religion teaching the truth by which they can learn about the True God (Jehovah's Witnesses) and leave the matter of "annihilation" in the hands of He who controls such matters.

Hope that helps,

Further reading
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009560

Jehovah's Witness
It does help, thanks JW for taking the time.

Regarding the "only accurate" source I might change that to "most accurate" among Christians. But I think Muslims and Jews also have very accurate information about God, and what He is like and what He expects of us.

But I realize, that is one place where you and I disagree. ;)
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Elijah John wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:52 pm Do you consider other Christians to be "unsaved" and on the road to annihiation for worshiping Jesus? And not being members of the Jehovah's Witness organization?
We do not consider Christians that are not Jehovahs Witnesses to be members of the Jehovah's Witness organization.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by 2timothy316 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:49 pm
Elijah John wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:52 pm Do you consider other Christians to be "unsaved" and on the road to annihiation for worshiping Jesus? And not being members of the Jehovah's Witness organization?
We do not consider Christians that are not Jehovahs Witnesses to be members of the Jehovah's Witness organization.
We also don't consider anyone to be "saved" right now, including ourselves. We believe that JWs will be judged just like everyone else during the Great Tribulation, when the separation of the sheep from the goats takes place. Each person must be faithful to Jehovah, to either our death or to the end of this system of things. Just carrying the name Jehovah's Witness isn't enough.